About the SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7
High-value SteelSeries sound
The SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7 offer rich detail for immersive, competitive sound.
High-value SteelSeries sound
The Arctis Nova 7 is a value-packed entry to SteelSeries's well-rated line of Arctis gaming headphones. The headset's high-fidelity drivers offer detailed, nuanced sound that brings your games to life for greater immersion. They're also made for long gaming sessions, thanks to a secure fit with a soft, stretchy headband and comfy, breathable, foam-padded earcups.
Stable, convenient wireless connection
This headset includes a compact USB-C transmitter that offers a low-latency 2.4GHz wireless connection to your PC or console. The transmitter and headset come pre-paired, so once you're plugged in and powered it's time to play.
No USB-C port on your PC — or playing on a PS4 or PS5? No worries. A USB-A to USB-C adapter with an extension cord is included in the box.
Keep your team chat noise-free
This headset's broadcast-quality boom mic is built into the left earcup and is fully retractable. It takes advantage of the system's advanced noise cancellation to remove distracting background sounds from your group chat — like the sound of a teammate chewing. And if your 'Ps' and 'Bs' are still popping a bit too much, you can also slide on a little pop filter included in the box.
Calls and music with Bluetooth
Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music and make hands-free calls. You can connect to your smartphone with Bluetooth while still connected to the USB transmitter, letting you quickly answer a call when you're playing, then flip right back to your game once you hang up.
Level up your audio with Sonar
If you're playing on a PC, you can dial in your sound with SteelSeries's Sonar app. This optional downloadable software lets you manually tweak the little details of your game audio and voice communication to get them just where you want them. Sonar also enhances your headset with 360° spatial sound for gaming, and it offers a range of audio presets designed by expert sound engineers in consultation with pro players and game developers.
- wireless gaming headphones for PC and PlayStation
- over-ear, closed-back design offers noise isolation and extended bass response
- 40mm high-fidelity drivers with neodymium magnets deliver powerful, detailed sound
- compact USB-C transmitter offers low-latency 2.5 GHz wireless connection with headphones
- robust, ergonomic design with elastic comfort band and adjustable fit
- soft, breathable Airweave memory foam cushions for long play sessions
- earcups rotate 90° for easier storage
- detachable magnetized speaker plates
- downloadable SteelSeries GG software hub features Engine software for custom equalizer settings
- Sonar downloadable software for PC lets you optimize game audio and voice communication with extensive settings
- audio presets designed by expert sound engineers with input from pro players and gaming developers
- 360° Spatial Sound for greater immersion
- adjustable Chat Mix lets you optimize the balance between your game's soundtrack and team chat
- requires Windows® 10 or later
- flexible noise-canceling ClearCast Gen 2 boom mic
- mic is built into the headphones and fully retractable
- works with the PS5's Tempest 3D technology for immersive spatial audio
- compatible with PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Mac
- Nintendo Switch must be in TV mode for USB connection
Controls and connections:
- built-in Bluetooth® 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- connect to both the USB transmitter and to your smartphone via Bluetooth to quickly pick up a call and return to your game without interruption
- easy-to-use controls built into the earphones
- volume and ChatMix dials, mic mute and Bluetooth buttons
- 3.5mm jack for wired listening
- USB-C charging input
- USB-A to USB-Cdongle extension cable (5 feet)
- USB-C to USB-A charging cable (5 feet)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack cable for wired listening (4 feet)
- microphone pop filter
- battery life: 38 hours
- fast charging: charge for 15 minutes for 6 hours of play
- frequency response: 20-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- headphone impedance: 36 ohms
- THD (total harmonic distortion): <1%
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 61553
What's in the box:
SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7 owner's manual
- Over-ear wireless gaming headset (black) with retractable microphone
- 2 Magnetic ear plates (installed)
- USB-C wireless dongle
- 5' USB extension cable (female USB-C on one end and male USB-A on other end)
- 5' USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- 4' Audio cable (straight 5-pole 3.5mm plug on one end and angled 4-pole 3.5mm plug)
- Product Information Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7
Overview: The SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7 is a wireless headset for gamers, that provides a realistic gaming experience with the Nova Acoustic System and its High Fidelity Drivers. The over-ear headset supports multiple platforms, including PC, Mac, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile gaming. It comes with a USB wireless dongle, USB adapter cable, and a 3.5mm audio cable.
Wireless Communication: The Arctis Nova 7 can communicate with your gaming console wirelessly through the included 2.4 GHz wireless USB dongle. The dongle has a USB-C plug which allows you to plug it directly into a USB-C equipped PC, Mac, Android device, Nintendo Switch, or Oculus Quest 2. Included in the box is a 5' USB adapter cable which converts the dongle to a USB-A plug for connecting to a PC, PlayStation 5, or PlayStation 4. In addition, the headset can connect via Bluetooth to any BT device. Simultaneous Wireless (2.4 GHz and Bluetooth) allows you to mix game and mobile audio simultaneously.
Nova Acoustic System: The Arctis Nova 7 headset delivers a powerful gaming experience with the Nova Acoustic System. The custom-designed 40mm High Fidelity Drivers provide clear high frequencies, detailed midrange, and thunderous bass. The available 360° Spatial Audio puts you in the middle of the game, and allows you to pinpoint your opponent's position as you choose your next move. The SteelSeries GG software lets you adjust the sound to your liking with a parametric EQ.
ComfortMAX System: The headset is designed for long gaming sessions with its ComfortMAX System. The earcups have soft memory foam ear cushions covered with a breathable AirWeave fabric. The earcups can be height-adjusted, and rotate to fit your head size. The thin film-coated steel headband is lightweight and has an adjustable elastic band that sits comfortably on your head. The elastic band can be raised or lowered for the best fit and most comfort.
Onboard Controls: The Arctis Nova 7 headset features rotary controls on both earcups. One wheel controls the overall volume of the audio, while the other lets you adjust the game and chat balance while PC gaming. The center position of this ChatMix Dial represents the game and chat audio at full volume. Rotating the dial towards chat reduces the game volume, and vice versa. In addition to the volume control, the left earcup has a microphone mute button. The right earcup has a Power button and a Bluetooth button with related status LEDs.
Retractable Microphone: The Arctis Nova 7 headset includes the ClearCast Gen.2 boom microphone, which is fully retractable inside of the left earcup. The flexible 4-1/2" boom pulls out when you're ready to begin your game, and slides back into the earcup when you're finished. The mic has a bi-directional polar pattern with a frequency response of 100-6500 Hz. AI-powered noise cancelling reduces the background noise by up to 25dB.
Software: The SteelSeries GG gaming software helps enhance you gaming experience with powerful audio tools. Available via free download, the Sonar Audio Software Suite lets you pinpoint your opponent's location before you see them. The Parametric EQ provides separate equalizer settings for game and chat. You can adjust different frequencies of the in-game audio for increased clarity. There is also an EQ for the headset microphone to make your own voice sound better and lower noise. The software also lets you position virtual speakers to your personal preferences.
Battery: The headset has a built-in rechargeable battery that powers its wireless functionality. A fully-charged battery delivers approximately 38 hours of battery life during 2.4 GHz gaming. During Simultaneous Wireless operation (2.4 GHz + Bluetooth), the battery life is reduced to 26 hours. The Power Indicator LED glows green when the battery is charged 100% to 50%. The LED glows yellow when the battery level reaches 49% to 15%, and red at 14% to 5%. The LED rapidly blinks red at below 5%. The battery charges via the included USB-C to USB-A charging cable. A 15-minute Fast Charge will provide up to 6 hours of use.
- Driver Size: 40mm
- Frequency Response (Headset): 20Hz - 22kHz
- Frequency Response (Microphone): 100Hz - 6.5kHz
- Impedance: 36Ω
- Sensitivity: 93 dB SPL
- THD: < 1%
- Microphone Sensitivity: -38 dBV
- Ear Cup Dimensions:
- Exterior: Width 3.418", Height 3.893", Depth 2.066"
- Interior: Width 1.734", Height 2.295", Depth 0.755"
- Weight: 11.6 ounces
1 question already asked