About the Concept CDC-IR23
Give your headphones some color
Give your headphones some color
Cut down on the backseat bickering and let each of your passengers identify their headphones by color. Concept's CDC-IR23 headphones include interchangeable colored ear cup covers, so everybody can pick their own look. Your crew can choose between two sources and control the volume for your mobile video system's music and movies directly from the 'phones. These headphones work wirelessly with any infrared (IR) transmitter, like those found in many mobile monitors we carry.
Cups designed for comfort
The headphones feature an auto turn-off that saves battery life (batteries included). The smaller on-ear cups are designed to sit comfortably on younger listeners. These cups also rotate, so they fold flat for easy storage when not in use. Concept includes a detachable 4-foot stereo mini cable, so you can plug directly into a laptop, smartphone, or a portable music player when a wired connection is needed.
Note: These headphones are for use in motor vehicles only — they are not designed for home use. We also carry a selection of wireless headphones for home and portable systems.
- wireless headphones (one pair) with infrared (IR) receiver
- closed-back on-ear headphones:
- 2" Mylar speakers
- includes interchangeable black, blue, and pink covers
- active noise reduction
- dual-source A/B switch
- smaller ear cups for kids
- 270-degree IR receiving within 10' range
- auto-off when no signal is received to conserve batteries
- detachable 4' cable included for wired connection to laptop, smartphone, or portable music player
- frequency response: 30-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 32 ohms
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CDC-IR23
What's in the box:
- One pair headphones
- 2 Interchangeable covers (Pink / Blue)
- 47" Stereo headphone cord (3.5mm jacks on both ends)
- 2 AAA Batteries (inside left earpiece)
More details on the Concept CDC-IR23
Overview: The Concept IR23 wireless IR headphones are compatible with all in-vehicle A/V applications that use wireless IR (infrared) technology for audio transmission, such as portable DVD players and in-ceiling/headrest monitors, and can use a wired connection as well for even more versatility.
Design: The IR23 headphones feature 2" Mylar speakers, for superior sound quality, and include built-in active noise reduction for crystal clear sound. Their closed ear design, padded foam earpieces, and adjustable headband offer long-wearing comfort, and both earpieces can be rotated for compact storage when not in use. The headphones have a 270˚ IR capture angle and a capture range of approximately 10 feet. They also feature Auto-off circuitry that will power the headphones off after a specified time.
Dual IR Source: The IR23 headphones can receive audio from two different IR sound sources, which can be selected using the Off-A-B switch on the right earpiece. This feature is convenient for rear-seat passengers wishing to switch between two monitors playing different sources.
Wired Connection: The IR23 headphones can also be connected to an audio source using the included 47" stereo headphone cable, adding to their versatility. The headphone cable features 3.5mm stereo jacks on both ends making them compatible with most portable media players, tablets, and cell phones.
Interchangeable Covers: Included with the IR23 headphones are 2 additional side-covers, blue and pink, along with the pre-installed black ones. The side-covers can be quickly and easily interchanged.
Controls and Indicators:
- Left Earpiece: Includes the battery compartment for the 2 included AAA batteries for powering the headphones.
- Right Earpiece: Includes the Volume wheel, the Off-A-B switch for powering and selecting the IR channel, and the power LED indicator.
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 20kHz
- Impedance: 32Ω
- IR Frequencies:
- Channel A: 2.8MHz (R), 2.3MHz (L)
- Channel B: 3.8MHz (R), 3.2MHz (L)
- IR Capture Angle: 270˚
- IR Capture Distance: approx. 10 ft.
- Power Source: (2) AAA Batteries (included)