About the Escape P6 Air
The Escape P6 Air portable wireless speaker has both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi built in. It's sheathed in a weatherproof multi-filament polyester yarn, with a weave pattern designed to transparently pass the sound of the speakers behind it. The extruded aluminum handle and trim are powder coated to make them scratch-resistant. The P6 Air delivers finely detailed sound, designed for serious music lovers.
The P6 features two premium woofers angled slightly upward. Each has a custom-built, full-range polypropylene cone woofer with an aluminum dust cap. And there's a built-in 6-1/2" subwoofer. You'll experience accurate, detailed sound with clean, clear bass.
Digital signal processing and equalization are handled by a high-performance 24-bit DSP processor. The system has 60 watts RMS total built-in amplification, so you can be sure it will sound great outdoors.
Multi-room Wi-Fi options
The P6 Air is compatible with Apple AirPlay® 2, Google Chromecast built-in, and Roon. This gives you three ways to make your P6 Air part of a wireless multi-room audio system.
Through AirPlay 2, you can stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies. And you can simultaneously stream to your P6 Air and other AirPlay 2-compatible wireless speakers.
With Google Chromecast built-in, you stream music over your Wi-Fi® network from your favorite apps on your smartphone or tablet. Stream directly from Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. And you can simultaneously stream to your P6 Air and other Chromecast built-in wireless speakers.
Roon streaming is available by subscription. With the Roon app, you can control any and all of your Roon Ready wireless speakers, including the P6 Air.
Escape remote app
You can also control your speaker with the free Escape remote app, available from the Apple App Store and Google Play. it lets you select indoor or outdoor EQ presets or create your own. You can also control the volume and playback.
- built-in Wi-Fi streaming supports Apple AirPlay® 2, Chromecast built-in, Spotify® Connect, and Roon
- supports streaming sources up to 24-bit/192kHz
- 2 custom-built, full-range polypropylene cone woofers with aluminum dust caps
- 6-1/2" built-in subwoofer
- 24-bit DSP (digital signal processor) for precise control of digital audio signals and equalization
- 60 watts RMS total built-in amplification
- weatherproof design
- built-in handle
Escape remote app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- stream radio stations using Escape's Airable worldwide live radio technology
- three Airable station presets built into speaker
- control volume, select sources, and play, pause, and skip tracks
- dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- built-in lithium iron phosphate (LiFePo4) rechargeable battery delivers up to 16 hours of operation
- built-in charging system for recharging the battery via AC power
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- 5-foot AC power cable included
- 7-7/8"W x 21-11/16"H x 7-7/8"D
- weight: 16.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # P6 Air WHITE
What's in the box:
- Portable wireless speaker
- 70" AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Escape P6 Air
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||---|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||3|
|Midrange Type||Plastic Cone|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||6.5|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||60|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Apple Music||AirPlay 2|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Water Resistant Design (IPX4): The Escape P6 AIR is a wireless audio speaker system that is water resistant and carries an IPX4-rating. The IPX4-rating means that the speaker system can withstand light water splashes. The Escape P6 AIR features an extruded aluminum enclosure wrapped in a polyester fabric with an integrated die-cast, powder-coated aluminum carry handle. Take the P6 AIR speaker with you to the backyard, on the deck, by the pool, at the park, or to the campground.
- To ensure the P6 AIR speaker's water resistance, do not charge the speaker's built-in battery while it is being exposed to water spray. The AC power cord should be disconnected from the speaker and the protective cover closed. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in permanent damage to the speaker and power source.
- The P6 AIR can only withstand light water splashes; it cannot hold up to heavy water spray and should never be submerged in water. The speaker system should only be used outside temporarily; it should be left permanently outside.
360 Degree Omni-Directional Sound: The Escape P6 Air features a 3-driver array with two custom-made, 3" full-range drivers and a built-in 6.5" subwoofer for a perfect balance of sound between bass, midrange, and treble frequencies. Each driver features an optimized deep polypropylene cone with an aluminum dust cap and rubber surround. The 3-driver array is powered by a high-performance digital amplifier rated at 60 watts RMS for dynamic 360 degree sound reproduction. The digital amplifier incorporates a powerful 24-bit DSP (digital signal processor) with advanced bass management for optimal tone control and soundfield processing algorithms.
WiFi Certified: The Escape P6 AIR is WiFi Certified, allowing you to connect wirelessly to your network router and internet service provider (ISP). The P6 AIR speaker system offers dual-band 2.4/5GHz WiFi (802.11ac). A WiFi connection is required for the Escape Room App, Airable internet radio, AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, Chromecast built-in apps, and Roon Ready functionality. You can use AirPlay
Note: The speaker system doe not offer a wired Ethernet network connection.
Escape Remote App: The Escape Remote App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) turns your compatible smartphone or tablet device into a wireless remote control for the P6 AIR speaker system. The app offers basic playback and volume control, plus a 5-band EQ (60Hz, 230Hz, 910Hz, 3kHz, 14kHz). The Escape Remote App wirelessly connects to the P6 AIR speaker via WiFi (not Bluetooth).
Airable: Using the Escape Remote app you can access Airable, with more than 30,000 radio stations around the world and 25,000 podcasts. This enormous catalog of radio stations and podcasts can be sorted by region, genre, popularity and quality. Internet radio stations are constantly being added, creating an unlimited source of freely accessible music, news and entertainment. You can store 3 of your favorite internet radio stations and/or podcasts from Airable that can be accessed from the speaker system's top-panel controls.
AirPlay 2: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) through the Escape P6 AIR speaker system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the P6 AIR speaker system. In addition, you can watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Escape speaker system.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Escape P6 AIR speaker system from within the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android device, Window PC, Mac OS X computer or Chromebook. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 80 million songs and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Chromecast built-in: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 15.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) to enable Chromecast built-in. Chromecast built-in gives you access to hundreds of online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Escape P6 AIR speaker system. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your smartphone to answer a call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the Escape speaker system.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the P6 AIR speaker. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: Add more Chromecast built-in speakers throughout your home (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the Google Assistant and your voice on a compatible Google Home device.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Home wireless speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The P6 AIR and your Google Home speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Note: Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service. Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
Roon Ready: Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across the Escape P6 AIR speaker system and other Roon enabled audio devices. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and DSD) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also access your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal music streaming service. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with the Escape P6 AIR and all other Roon enabled devices. Simply select the music you wish to play and the P6 AIR or Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Escape P6 AIR speaker system. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or player (sold separately) located on the network within your home.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Escape P6 AIR features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer) to the P6 AIR speaker system. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the top-panel controls of the Escape P6 AIR. You can pair multiple devices (up to 8) with the Escape P6 AIR using SSP (Secure Simple Pairing), but only one device can be connected and used for playback at a time. The speaker system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 33'.
Note: The speaker does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
Top-Panel Controls: The Escape P6 AIR wireless audio speaker offers top-panel, soft-touch capacitive controls that operate Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Play/pause, Previous/Next Track, Bluetooth Pairing, and 3 Presets. The 3 Preset buttons allow you to store 3 of your favorite internet radio stations and/or podcasts from Airable for fast and easy selection.
Power Requirements: The Escape P6 AIR features a built-in, rechargeable lithium-iron phosphate (LiFEPo4) battery that provides up to 16 hours of playback at background volume levels or 8 hours of playback at typical listening volume levels. The speaker system can also be powered via AC using the included 70" AC power cord (IEC 3-prong) that plugs into the wireless audio speaker and an AC wall outlet or surge protector/line-conditioner (sold separately). The built-in battery will recharge when the speaker is plugged into AC power. The battery takes approximately 2-3 hours to fully charge.
Auto Standby: The Escape P6 AIR wireless audio speaker system will automatically go into Standby mode when it does not receive an audio signal for 20 minutes.
Auto Software Updates: The Escape P6 Air's internal software will be updated automatically when a new version is available, provided the speaker system is powered up and connected to a WiFi network with an ISP (internet service provider).