About the KLH Albany II
A value-packed bookshelf pair
A value-packed bookshelf pair
KLH made an impression on the audio community with the beautiful and compact Albany bookshelf speakers. They now bring us the similarly spec'd Albany II, at a significantly lower price. Placed well in a small or medium sized room, the Albany II pair will deliver beautifully detailed yet open sound.
Available in European walnut and black oak vinyl finishes
Can you hear a 10-year warranty?
The Albany II is slightly thinner and slightly taller than the original, but uses the same 5 1/4" woven Kevlar® woofer and 1" anodized aluminum tweeter to deliver nimble midrange, crisp highs, and distinct articulate vocals. A new rear-ported bass reflex enclosure opens up the low end. Removable magnetic grilles make it easy to appreciate the tight looks of the anodized aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia, and the cool-looking woofer. We are a little sad that the real wood veneer of the original Albany is replaced by your choice of walnut or oak vinyl finish, but you can't hear veneer — and you can't argue with the friendlier price tag. Another feature you can't hear but which we love: a 10-year warranty.
Part of the Henry Kloss legacy
Like its predecessor, the Albany II is clearly rooted in Henry Kloss's elegant design heritage. Kloss left his mark on several groundbreaking audio brands — Advent, Cambridge SoundWorks, Acoustic Research, Tivoli, and he was the “K” in KLH. And while the Albany II wasn't designed by Kloss, we love the way KLH's present-day speakers pay homage to his innovative vision.
Part of a complete KLH surround sound system
We offer a range of KLH speakers that are voice-matched for compatibility in an immersive surround sound system:
Most speakers don't include any. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- pair of bookshelf speakers for music or home theater
- 1" anodized aluminum dome tweeter with linear response faceplate
- 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® woofer
- butyl rubber surrounds and braided tinsel leads on all drivers
- 3/4"-thick MDF cabinet resists vibration
- frequency response 35-23,000 Hz ±3dB
- recommended power: up to 200 watts
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- rear-ported bass reflex enclosure
- threaded mounting insert (1/4"-20) on back panel
- five way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- European walnut vinyl finish
- removable magnetic grilles with custom honeycomb design
- 5-1/2"W x 13"H x 9-1/2"D
- weight: 11 pounds (each)
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KLHF00066
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KLH Albany II
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Frequency Response||35-23k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||---|
|Parts Warranty||10 years|
|Labor Warranty||10 years|