About the KLH Cambridge
KLH breaks new ground with an attractive floor-stander
KLH breaks new ground with an attractive floor-stander
Audio pioneer Henry Kloss earned widespread praise from a generation of music lovers for his acclaimed loudspeaker and table radio designs. Now KLH is paying homage to the brand's famous co-founder with a fresh new line of bookshelf and tower speakers. The Cambridge is the smallest of their floor-standing models, yet packs a ton of sound into its slender cabinet.
This highly efficient tower (rated at an impressive 94 dB sensitivity!) doesn't require a ton of power to produce big sound, making it a great match with a range of modern amplifiers.
The KLH Cambridge sports a real wood veneer finish (shown in black oak with grille removed).
High-tech drivers yield natural, detailed sound
The Cambridge uses carefully crafted drivers to produce nuanced texture and detail. A 1" anodized aluminum tweeter produces clear, non-fatiguing highs. And a pair of 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® woofers deliver tight and tuneful midrange and bass.
A custom-designed, high-quality crossover ensures smooth blending of frequencies between the trio of drivers.
Small details add up to excellent long-term performance
Not every floor-standing speaker in this price range comes equipped with two pairs of speaker inputs for bi-amping or bi-wiring. Nor does every tower include both floor spikes and rubber feet for added stability and decoupling.
But what I especially appreciate is this speaker's genuine wood veneer finish, which gives it a luxurious feel. And the Cambridge's magnetic grille has no visible attachment points, making the speaker visually compelling with the grille removed.
To top it all off, this handsome speaker comes with a 10-year warranty for long-term peace of mind.
The KLH name lives on
Henry Kloss and his partners founded KLH in Cambridge, Massachusetts back in the '50s. Kloss changed the audio industry with innovations like the acoustic suspension loudspeaker, the first-ever full-range electrostatic speaker, and the first high-selectivity table radio.
Today, KLH is headquartered in Noblesville, Indiana. The company's new speaker lineup represents a fresh take on that rich and varied KLH legacy.
- floor-standing speaker for music or home theater
- 1" anodized aluminum tweeter with linear response faceplate
- dual 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® woofers
- frequency response: 33-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 200 watts
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with rear-firing port
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- custom-designed crossover for smooth frequency distribution
- 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- includes chrome-plated steel spikes and rubber feet for stability and decoupling
- beautiful black oak veneer finish
- removable magnetic grille with custom honeycomb design
- 6-1/2"W x 35-1/4"H x 11-1/2"D
- weight: 31 lbs.
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KLHF00005
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Spike feet (with nuts)
- 4 Protective discs
KLH Cambridge reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KLH Cambridge
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Kevlar|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
|Labor Warranty||10 Years|
|Power Range||up to 200|
|Frequency Response||33-23k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Two-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker: The KLH Cambridge is a two-way floorstanding loudspeaker featuring a high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate and two 5.25" Woven Kevlar mid/bass drivers with butyl rubber surrounds and powder-coated die-cast aluminum baskets. There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers. A custom multi-element crossover with high grade components ensure smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Bass Reflex MDF Enclosure: The KLH Cambridge floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The speaker cabinet features 3/4" MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has a brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia, as well as an integrated MDF plinth (base). The MDF enclosure is finished in a real wood veneer (choose between a black oak or american walnut finish).
Dual Binding Post Terminals: The KLH Cambridge floorstanding loudspeaker has two sets nickel-plated binding posts terminals connected by jumpers (fasteners). The binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). A plastic cap must be removed from each binding post terminal to use banana plugs. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency driver; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency driver).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Applications & Placement: The KLH Cambridge floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a stereo or home theater application.
- Placement of the speaker is a personal preference, but it is recommended that a pair of speakers be placed at least 6' apart whether they are being used for a stereo application, or as the main left and right channels for a home theater.
- For best imaging and separation, listening distance from the speakers should be approximately 1.5x the distance the speakers are apart from each other.
- Also, be sure that the speaker is placed at least 12" away from any wall. Further adjustments can be made to optimize your listening experience.
Rubber or Spike Feet: The included rubber feet are used for solid flooring such as wood, tile, and concrete. The included chrome-plated spikes are used for carpeted flooring. If you prefer to use the spikes on your solid flooring, you can install the included protective discs under the spikes to protect your floor. Both types of feet screw into the bottom of the speaker's integrated MDF plinth (base) and are adjustable to level the speaker on uneven flooring.
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 7.0" (w) x 35.625" (h) x 11.8125" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 7.0" (w) x 36.625" (h) x 11.8125" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet/Protective Discs: 7.0" (w) x 36.75" (h) x 11.8125" (d)
- Dimensions without Feet: 7.0" (w) x 35.4375" (h) x 11.8125" (d)
Magnetic Grille: A magnetic grille featuring a custom honeycomb design, acoustic cloth, and no visible fasteners provides a flawless appearance.
1 question already asked