About the KLH Concord
Beautiful design with brawny low end
Beautiful design with brawny low end
The Concord is a floor-standing speaker that delivers beautiful sonic detail with burly bass on tap. A 1" anodized aluminum tweeter, a pair of 6-1/2" Kevlar® woofers, and two rear ports in the bass reflex enclosure serve up precise definition, with powerful lows down to 27 Hz.
Removable magnetic grilles make it easy to appreciate the tight looks of the tweeter faceplate and driver fascia, and the cool-looking woofers. You're going to use banana plugs, right? The five way binding posts also let you use spades, pins, or bare wire. We appreciate the included sets of steel spikes and rubber feet that decouple the speaker from your floor, for clearer sound. Ditto for the included black satin MDF base. And who doesn't love a 10-year warranty?
Part of the Henry Kloss legacy
Like all KLH speakers, the Concord is clearly rooted in Henry Kloss's elegant design heritage. Kloss left his mark on several groundbreaking audio brands — Advent, Cambridge SoundWorks, Acoustic Research, Tivoli, and he was the “K” in KLH. And while the Concord wasn't designed by Kloss, we love the way KLH's present-day speakers pay homage to his innovative vision.
Part of a complete KLH surround sound system
We offer a range of KLH speakers that are voice-matched for compatibility in an immersive surround sound system:
- 1" anodized aluminum dome tweeter with linear response faceplate
- two 6-1/2" woven Kevlar® bass drivers
- butyl rubber surrounds and braided tinsel leads on all drivers
- 3/4"-thick MDF cabinet resists vibration
- black satin MDF base included for extra stability
- stamped steel driver baskets with oversized magnets
- frequency response 27-23,000 Hz ±3;dB
- recommended power: up to 225 watts
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- dual rear-ported bass reflex enclosure
- five way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- includes chrome plated steel spikes and rubber feet for stability and decoupling
- black oak finish
- removable magnetic grilles with custom honeycomb design
- 7-3/4"W x 37-1/2"H x 14-3/4"D
- weight: 40 pounds
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KLHF00063
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Spike feet (w/ locking nut attached)
- 4 Protective discs
- 4 Rubber feet
- Port plug
- "ATTENTION!" note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KLH Concord
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
|Labor Warranty||10 Years|
|Power Range||up to 225|
|Frequency Response||28-23k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
2.5-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker: The KLH Concord is a 2.5-way floorstanding loudspeaker featuring a high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate and two 5.25" Woven Kevlar mid/bass drivers with butyl rubber surround for well-balanced sound. The 5.25" woofers also feature stamped steel driver baskets and oversized magnets for superior control and output. A custom multi-element crossover with high grade components ensures smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Note: In a 2.5-way configuration - the lower woofer is a dedicated bass driver that produces only bass frequenices, while the top woofer handles both midrange and bass frequencies.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The KLH Concord features a bass-reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The cabinet features 3/4" MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has an aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia to better control the dispersion of sound. The MDF enclosure is finished in a wood-grain vinyl (choose between a black oak or european walnut finish).
Note: Bass output can be controlled by inserting the included foam port plug into one of the speaker's rear-firing ports to reduce the amount of air flow from the ports. This is helpful if you are positioning the speaker 6" or closer to a wall.
Magnetic Grille: A magnetic grille featuring a custom honeycomb design, acoustic cloth, and no visible fasteners provides a flawless appearance.
Binding Post Terminals: The KLH Concord floorstanding loudspeaker is outfitted with 5-way binding posts terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (singleor dual). There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers.
Applications & Placement: The KLH Concord floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a stereo or home theater application. In a home theater application, the Concord floorstanding speaker can be used as Front and/or Surround speakers.
- Placement of the speaker is a personal preference, but it is recommended that a pair of speakers be placed at least 6' apart whether they are being used for a stereo application, or as the main left and right channels for a home theater.
- For best imaging and separation, listening distance from the speakers should be approximately 1.5x the distance the speakers are apart from each other.
- Also, be sure that the speaker is placed at least 12" away from any wall. Further adjustments can be made to optimize your listening experience.
Rubber or Spike Feet: The included rubber feet are used for solid flooring such as wood, tile, and concrete. The included chrome-plated spikes are used for carpeted flooring. If you prefer to use the spikes on your solid flooring, you can install the included protective discs under the spikes to protect your floor. Both types of feet screw into the bottom of the speaker's integrated MDF plinth (base) and are adjustable to level the speaker on uneven flooring.
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 40.375" (h) x 14.9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 41.375" (h) x 14.9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet and Protective Discs: 8.3125" (w) x 41.5" (h) x 14.9375" (d)
Note: The KLH Concord floorstanding loudspeaker should always be used with either the Rubber or Spike feet for optimum peformance and maximum stability.