About the KLH Model Five
An iconic speaker, reborn
An iconic speaker, reborn
Henry Kloss and KLH introduced their original Model Five back in 1968, and it became a popular and broadly recognizable speaker that helped propel the company's success. This new version takes advantage of modern driver technology, but houses it in a retro-styled, acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet that's similar to that of the original. And here's a rare touch for 2021, also from the original 1968 version — a passive sound-shaping switch that lets you tailor the speaker's output to your room's acoustics.
An elegant speaker with included stand
The KLH Model Five is a paragon of careful design — inside and out. Its 10" woofer and 4" midrange are supported internally by die-cast aluminum frames, and the 1" tweeter features a machined aluminum faceplate. High-quality inductors, capacitors and crossovers ensure that the three drivers perform with a high degree of harmony and accuracy. The sturdy cabinet is constructed of 3/4"-thick MDF with an elegant, genuine mahogany veneer finish. A magnetically attached linen grille is included, as is a custom steel riser that imparts a gentle 5-degree upward tilt.
The KLH name lives on
Henry Kloss and his partners founded KLH in Cambridge, Massachusetts back in the '50s. Kloss changed the audio industry with innovations like the acoustic suspension loudspeaker, the first-ever full-range electrostatic speaker, and the first high-selectivity table radio.
Today, KLH is headquartered in Noblesville, Indiana. The company's new speaker lineup represents a fresh take on that rich and varied KLH legacy.
- 3-way design
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter with machined aluminum faceplate
- 4" cone midrange driver
- 10" cone woofer
- frequency response: 42-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 200 watts
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- three-position acoustic balance control lets you tailor the sound for smooth frequency distribution
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet built from 3/4"-thick MDF
- West African mahogany veneer
- magnetically attached linen grille included
- 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- included powder-coated 14-gauge steel riser places speaker at a 5° upward tilt
Dimensions and warranty:
- 13-3/4"W x 34-1/4"H x 13"D (with riser base)
- weight: 52 lbs. (with base)
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KLHF00071
KLH Model Five reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KLH Model Five