About the KLH Quincy
Sweet sound from a three-way tower
Sweet sound from a three-way tower
KLH — founded by audio pioneer Henry Kloss — is returning to the home speaker landscape with a fresh line of bookshelf and tower speakers that I believe will impress music and movie lovers alike. The Quincy is the mid-sized tower in the company's new lineup. This incredibly efficient floor-standing speaker (rated at 95 dB sensitivity!) doesn't require a ton of power to produce big sound, making it a great match with a range of modern amplifiers.
The KLH Quincy sports a real wood veneer finish (shown in black oak with grille removed).
A three-way design for smooth, detailed sound
The Quincy's three-way design matches a 1" anodized aluminum tweeter with a 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® midrange and a 6-1/2" Kevlar woofer for nuanced texture and detail throughout its wide frequency range.
A custom-designed, high-quality crossover ensures smooth blending of frequencies between the trio of drivers.
Small details add up to keep you happy
The Quincy features a genuine wood veneer finish, which gives it a high-quality look and feel. And its magnetic grille has no visible attachment points, making this finely crafted speaker visually compelling when the grille is removed.
This tower also comes equipped with two pairs of speaker inputs for bi-amping or bi-wiring. And it comes with floor spikes and rubber feet for added stability and to decouple the cabinet from your floor for better sound.
To top it all off, the Quincy comes with a 10-year warranty for long-term peace of mind.
The KLH name lives on
Henry Kloss and his partners founded KLH in Cambridge, Massachusetts back in the '50s. Kloss changed the audio industry with innovations like the acoustic suspension loudspeaker, the first-ever full-range electrostatic speaker, and the first high-selectivity table radio.
Today, KLH is headquartered in Noblesville, Indiana. The company's new speaker lineup represents a fresh take on that rich and varied KLH legacy.
- floor-standing speaker for music or home theater
- 3-way design
- 1" anodized aluminum tweeter with linear response faceplate
- 5-1/4" woven Kevlar® midrange driver
- 6-1/2" woven Kevlar woofer
- frequency response: 27-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: up to 225 watts
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with dual rear-firing ports
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 5-way binding posts accept pins, single or dual banana connectors, spades, or bare wire
- includes chrome-plated steel spikes and rubber feet for stability and decoupling
- beautiful black oak veneer finish
- removable magnetic grille with custom honeycomb design
- 7-3/4"W x 37-1/2"H x 14-3/4"D
- weight: 40 lbs.
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KLHF00003
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Foam port
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Spike feet (with nuts)
- 4 Protective discs
KLH Quincy reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KLH Quincy
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Kevlar|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
|Labor Warranty||10 Years|
|Power Range||up to 225|
|Frequency Response||28-23k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Three-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker: The KLH Quincy is a three-way floorstanding loudspeaker featuring a high performance 1" Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate, one 5.25" Woven Kevlar midrange driver with butyl rubber surround and a powder-coated die-cast aluminum basket, and one 6.5" Woven Kevlar bass driver with butyl rubber surround and a powder-coated die-cast aluminum basket. There are braided tinsel leads on all drivers. Custom multi-element crossovers with high grade components ensure smooth and natural transition between drivers.
Bass Reflex Design: The KLH Quincy floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. If you are placing the floorstanding speaker 6" or closer to a wall, bass output can be controlled by reducing the amount of air flow from the rear ports. You can "tune" the bass output by using the included foam port to seal one of the rear ports.
MDF Enclosure: The speaker cabinet features 3/4" MDF construction with custom designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis. The enclosure also has a brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia, as well as an integrated MDF plinth (base). The MDF enclosure is finished in a real wood veneer (choose between a black oak or american walnut finish).
Magnetic Grille: A magnetic grille featuring a custom honeycomb design, acoustic cloth, and no visible fasteners provides a flawless appearance.
Dual Binding Post Terminals: The KLH Quincy floorstanding loudspeaker has two sets nickel-plated binding posts terminals connected by jumpers (fasteners). The binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). A plastic cap must be removed from each binding post terminal to use banana plugs. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency driver; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency driver).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Applications & Placement: The KLH Quincy floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a stereo or home theater application.
- Placement of the speaker is a personal preference, but it is recommended that a pair of speakers be placed at least 6' apart whether they are being used for a stereo application, or as the main left and right channels for a home theater.
- For best imaging and separation, listening distance from the speakers should be approximately 1.5x the distance the speakers are apart from each other.
- Also, be sure that the speaker is placed at least 12" away from any wall. Further adjustments can be made to optimize your listening experience.
Rubber or Spike Feet: The included rubber feet are used for solid flooring such as wood, tile, and concrete. The included chrome-plated spikes are used for carpeted flooring. If you prefer to use the spikes on your solid flooring, you can install the included protective discs under the spikes to protect your floor. Both types of feet screw into the bottom of the speaker's integrated MDF plinth (base) and are adjustable to level the speaker on uneven flooring.
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 38.1875" (h) x 14 .9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 39.1875" (h) x 14 .9375" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet/Protective Discs: 8.3125" (w) x 39.25" (h) x 14 .9375" (d)
- Dimensions without Feet: 8.3125" (w) x 38.0" (h) x 14 .9375" (d)
1 question already asked