About the KLH Stratton 12
Drop powerful bass into your movies and music
Drop powerful bass into your movies and music
KLH has revamped their Stratton subwoofers to make them an even better value. The Stratton 12 keeps the clean look and simple design of its predecessor, but switches to a ported enclosure to deliver more low-end output. The 12" woofer's construction also sees an update, using a proprietary blend of paper, Kevlar®, and more, treated with a polyglass coating. This unique mixture results in a cone that's both rigid and lightweight, for controlled, hard-hitting bass.
This 200-watt powered subwoofer brings a hefty thump and rumble to movie nights and gaming sessions, helping you feel the bass, not just hear it. It performs well for music too, slapping down bass tracks to help drive the rhythm in your tunes.
Simple and clean
The Stratton eschews some of the bells and whistles found on other subwoofers to focus on easy setup and day-to-day use. Its back panel has a simple set of controls and connections.
- built-in Class D amplifier delivers 200 watts of continuous power (500 watts peak)
- 12" front-firing driver
- woofer is made of a blend of treated paper, Kevlar, and CSX with a polyglass coating
- bass reflex (ported) enclosure
- rear slot port for increased low-frequency output
- frequency response: 25-160 Hz
- maximum output: 118 dB
- gold-plated line-level LFE input
- remote trigger input
- low pass crossover (80/150 Hz)
- phase switch (0/180°)
- carbon black finish
- 15-1/2"W x 17-3/4"H x 18-1/4"D
- weight: 44 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amp
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KLHF00062
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
KLH Stratton 12 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the KLH Stratton 12
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||80/150 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||200|
|Frequency Response||25-160 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
12" Composite Cone Woofer: The KLH Stratton 12 houses 12" composite cone woofer that comprises of a polyglass-coating, treated paper, Kevlar, CSX, and fiberglass for deep, detailed bass response.
200-Watt Amplifier: The 12" composite cone woofer is powered by a built-in 200 watt (RMS) / 500 watt (peak) amplifier for dynamic and powerful bass performance.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The KLH Stratton 12 features a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing slot port for higher efficiency and bigger bass response. The bass reflex cabinet is made of 3/4" MDF to prevent vibration and coloring of sound.
Variable Controls: The KLH Stratton 12 powered sub is equipped with Volume, Lowpass and Phase controls on the back of the subwoofer cabinet.
- Volume: The volume control affects the output of the subwoofer. You should adjust the volume to match the output of your speakers. Volume can be increased until the desired level is achieved.
- Lowpass: There are two lowpass crossover settings; 80 or 150 Hz. If you are using the Bass Management crossover menu settings in your AV receiver or processor, select the 150Hz setting on the subwoofer. If you are not using this function, set to 80Hz
- Phase: The Phase switch synchronizes the in/out movement of the subwoofer driver with the other speakers in your system. Once you have chosen the best location for the subwoofer, try flipping the phase switch to 0 and 180 degrees to see which setting produces deeper and smoother bass output.
RCA/LFE Input: The KLH Stratton 12 is outfitted with a mono-RCA/LFE input for connecting the powered subwoofer to the LFE or subwoofer output of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. The mono-RCA/LFE input is gold-plated for excellent signal transfer and resistance to corrosion.
Trigger Input: If your AV receiver or AV preamp/processor has a 12V trigger output (3.5mm), you can connect a minijack cable to the powered sub's 12V trigger input (3.5mm), allowing the subwoofer to power on and off with your AV receiver or AV preamp-processor.
Power Switch: The Power switch on the rear cabinet supplies power to the subwoofer's amplifier. When this switch is in the "On" position, the subwoofer will always remain on. To turn the powered subwoofer off, you'll need to set the Power switch to the "Off" position.
Note: This powered sub does not have an Auto Power On/Off setting. The only way to have the powered subwoofer automatically turn on and off, is to use the 12V trigger input.
Placement Options: The placement of the KLH Stratton 12 powered sub can add a significant difference to the performance of your home theater system. Low frequencies are omnidirectional, but best performance results if you place the subwoofer in a corner, as this will increase the level of bass output. You can experiment with different configurations, or even add multiple powered subs.
1 question already asked