About the Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck Foundation
A rock-solid turntable, made in the U.S.A.
A rock-solid turntable, made in the U.S.A.
In order to make their own remastered album releases sound even better, Mobile Fidelity created their own line of turntables. The StudioDeck Foundation — their entry-level offering — is an exceptional 'table in its own right. Everything but the cartridge is made in the U.S.A. to exacting specifications.
About that cartridge: it's a doozy. The Foundation comes with an excellent factory-installed StudioTracker, which is designed to mimic the shape of the head on the lacquer cutting lathe Mobile Fidelity uses when creating vinyl records. That way, MoFi's albums and their player fit together like hand in glove, for an exceptional listening experience.
The American-made MoFi Electronics Foundation turntable includes an excellent factory-installed StudioTracker cartridge.
Thoughtful, innovative design
Mobile Fidelity asked some legendary designers to weigh in on the details of their turntable line, because they know audiophiles care about the details. They used a dense, noise-reducing polymer called Delrin® to make the platter, and a clever inverted bearing system makes the platter spin flawlessly.
They also worked hard to foolproof the initial setup process by simplifying placement of the counterweight and anti-skating weight. To make things even easier, the Mobile Fidelity UltraPhono phono stage with headphone amplifier and its little brother, the StudioPhono without headphone amplifier, are both perfectly matched to this turntable — straight out of the box. (Both are available separately; not included.)
- made in the U.S.A.
- 10-inch straight aluminum gimbaled bearing tonearm for smooth tracking
- adjustable tracking force, vertical tracking angle, azimuth, and anti-skate
- 300 RPM stepped-pulley AC motor provides excellent speed stability
- plinth: aluminum plate bonded to a solid MDF body
- includes pre-mounted MoFi StudioTracker moving magnet cartridge
- no dust cover included
- solid 3/4" Delrin® polymer platter
- steel and teflon inverted bearing system for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 72dB
- wow and flutter: 0.017-0.025%
- gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- 19-3/4"W x 5-3/8"H x 17"D
- weight: 19.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (1 year for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # MFETTSTDKFDNPLS
What's in the box:
- Tonearm (installed)
- StudioTracker catridge/stylus (installed)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 49" Stereo RCA cable
- Anti-skate weight
- Stylus brush
- 2 Hex-screws
- 2 Hex-keys
- Turntable Instruction Booklet
- Catridge Instruction Booklet
- Warranty Information
- "Attention/Please Note" Card
Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck Foundation reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck Foundation
Features & specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable AC Cable (3-pole)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Tracking Weight||2.0 g (40mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||72|
|Wow and Flutter||0.017|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Studio Tonearm: Custom developed and manufactured in the USA, the MoFi StudioDeck Foundation turntable's 10" straight aluminum gimbaled bearing tonearm delivers the ideal balanced of rigidity and low tracking error, so you hear every subtle nuance of your vinyl soundtrack. It even offers adjustable tracking force, VTA, azimuth, and anti-skate.
StudioTracker Cartridge (MM): The StudioTracker Cartridge (MM) features a V-Twin dual-magnet generator that mirrors the layout of the cutting head that originally made a record's grooves.
- V-Twin Dual-Magnet Generator: Employing two low-mass, powerful magnets aligned in a "V" formation parallel with the stereo record grooves, StudioTracker accurately extracts precious details from your LPs.
- Elliptical Diamond Stylus: With a polymer body and elliptical stylus, StudioTracker offers surprising bang-for-your-buck value and a rich sound distinguished with a smooth, slightly forgiving top end.
- This turntable comes with the tracking force preset by the factory. Using this predetermined factory setting (indicated by the pre-installed yellow tape) prevents the need for a force gauge. Just place the counterweight properly on the back of the tonearm (directly behind the pre-installed yellow tape) and you are done. No need to balance or perform any other steps for tracking weight. Do not remove the yellow tape until the counterweight is installed and you have tested playback.
- If the yellow tape is removed before installing the counterweight, the factory setting is lost and a force gauge must be used. The cartridge requires the tracking force be set between 1.8g and 2.2g. (Using a tracking force gauge is necessary because the counter weight has no adjustment markings.)
Isolated AC Synchronous Motor: The 300 RPM stepped-pulley AC motor provides excellent speed stability for pitch accuracy and rhythmic drive. The Delrin pulley has two positions for 33-1/3 and 45 RPM speed selection. Motor vibrations are kept away from the platter and stylus by using advanced damping materials that decouple the motor from the rest of the turntable.
3/4" Delrin Platter: Delrin is a next-generation polymer developed by Dupont. In the world of audio, Delrin's highly crystalline structure presents a wonderful impedance match to vinyl records, effectively grounding unwanted noise and keeping it away from the stylus.
Steel & Teflon Inverted Bearing: The turntable's steel inverted bearing system is designed for smooth, quiet rotational stability. The extremely low tolerance combination of steel, bronze, and teflon will provide many years of high-performance playback.
RCA Connections: Connection to the phono input of your amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your choice through the turntable's gold-plated stereo RCA phono jacks and grounding screw. The StudioDeck Foundation turntable comes supplied with a 49" stereo RCA cable with ground wire.
Note: If your receiver does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
No Dust Cover: No dust cover is included with this turntable.
2 questions already asked