About the Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck +U
A beautiful turntable, made in the U.S.A.
A beautiful turntable, made in the U.S.A.
In order to make their own remastered album releases sound even better, Mobile Fidelity created their own line of turntables, starting with the beautiful StudioDeck. Everything but the cartridge is made in the U.S.A. to exacting specifications. An upgraded UltraTracker cartridge improves on the warm, detailed sound of the original StudioDeck that we and our customers already knew and loved.
A factory-installed UltraTracker cartridge makes the Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck +U sound even better than the original.
Thoughtful, innovative design
Mobile Fidelity asked some legendary designers to weigh in on the details of the StudioDeck, because they know details matter to audiophiles. They used a dense, noise-reducing polymer called Delrin® to make the platter, and had a former NASA consultant design the 'table's unique anti-vibration feet. A clever inverted bearing system makes the platter spin flawlessly.
They also worked hard to foolproof the initial setup process by simplifying placement of the counterweight and anti-skating weight. For a high-performance phono stage, add the optional Mobile Fidelity UltraPhono with headphone amplifier or its little brother, the StudioPhono without headphone amplifier — both are perfectly matched to this turntable straight out of the box.
- made in the U.S.A.
- 10-inch straight aluminum gimbaled bearing tonearm for smooth tracking
- adjustable tracking force, vertical tracking angle, azimuth, and anti-skate
- 300 RPM stepped-pulley AC motor provides excellent speed stability
- plinth: aluminum plate bonded to a solid MDF body
- includes pre-mounted MoFi UltraTracker moving magnet cartridge
- frequency response: 20-25,000Hz
- nude-elliptical diamond stylus
- solid 3/4" Delrin® polymer platter
- steel inverted bearing system for smooth, quiet platter rotation
- unique MoFi anti-vibration feet isolate your turntable from sound-muddying vibrations
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds (manual speed change)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 72dB
- wow and flutter: 0.017-0.025%
- gold-plated RCA and ground terminal connectors (cable included)
- 19-11/16"W x 5-3/8"H x 17"D
- weight: 19.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (1 year for the supplied cartridge)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a phono preamp or phono input on receiver or preamplifier
- MFR # Studio +U
What's in the box:
- Tonearm (installed)
- UltraTracker catridge/stylus (installed)
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 49" Stereo RCA cable
- Anti-skate weight
- Stylus brush
- Dust cover (installed)
- 2 Hex-screws
- 2 Hex-wrenches
- Turntable Instructions
- Catridge Instructions
- "Attention!" note
- "Please Note:" sheet
- Warranty Card
- MoFi brochure
Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck +U reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Mobile Fidelity StudioDeck +U
Studio Tonearm: Custom developed and manufactured in the USA, the MoFi Studio + U turntable's 10" straight aluminum gimbaled bearing tonearm delivers the ideal balanced of rigidity and low tracking error, so you hear every subtle nuance of your vinyl soundtrack. It even offers adjustable tracking force, VTA, azimuth, and anti-skate.
UltraTracker Cartridge (MM): The UltraTracker Cartridge (MM) features a V-Twin dual-magnet generator that mirrors the layout of the cutting head that originally makes a record's grooves. Employing two low-mass, powerful magnets aligned in a V formation parallel with the record grooves, UltraTracker features excellent tracking ability.
- Well-Damped Billet Aluminum Body: The well-damped billet aluminum body controls resonances for tight, accurate bass reproduction. UltraTracker delivers finely tuned wide-bandwidth audio, with extension at both frequency extremes and no smearing of detail.
- Nude-Elliptical Diamond Stylus: By using a nude-elliptical diamond stylus, UltraTracker easily tracks complex dynamic passages. You'll hear superb detail and experience musical emotionalism that will send shivers down your spine.
- This turntables come with the tracking force preset by the factory. Using this predetermined factory setting (indicated by the pre-installed yellow tape) prevents the need for a force gauge. Just place the counterweight properly on the back of the tonearm (directly behind the pre-installed yellow tape) and you are done. No need to balance or perform any other steps for tracking weight. Do not remove the yellow tape until the counterweight is installed and you have tested playback.
- If the yellow tape is removed before installing the counterweight, then the factory setting is lost and a force gauge must be used. The cartridge requires the tracking force be set between 1.8g and 2.2g. Using a tracking force gauge is necessary because the counter weight has no adjustment markings.
Isolated AC Synchronous Motor: The 300 RPM stepped-pulley AC motor provides excellent speed stability for pitch accuracy and rhythmic drive. The Delrin pulley has two positions for 33-1/3 and 45 RPM speed selection. Motor vibrations are kept away from the platter and stylus by using advanced damping materials that decouple the motor from the rest of the turntable.
3/4" Delrin Platter: Delrin is a next-generation polymer developed by Dupont. In the world of audio, Delrin's highly crystalline structure presents a wonderful impedance match to vinyl records, effectively grounding unwanted noise and keeping it away from the stylus.
Steel & Teflon Inverted Bearing: The turntable's steel inverted bearing system is designed for smooth, quiet rotational stability. The extremely low tolerance combination of steel, bronze, and teflon will provide many years of high-performance playback.
Constrained Layer Dampening: The Studio + U turntable features an aluminum plate carefully bonded to an MDF body to add mass and eliminate tonal coloration, maintaining the true sound found on the record.
Anti-Vibration Feet: Any vibration of the stylus that is not created by the grooves in the record is a distortion that will mask musical detail. Developed in conjunction with the engineering team at Harmonic Resolution Systems, the world leader in vibration isolation for audio equipment, the included MoFi anti-vibration feet isolate the Studio + U turntable from bad vibrations.
RCA Connections: Connection to the phono input of your amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your choice through the turntable's gold-plated stereo RCA phono jacks and grounding screw. The Studio + U turntable comes supplied with a 49" stereo RCA cable with ground wire.
Note: If your receiver does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Dust Cover: The MoFi Studio + U comes supplied with a hinged cover to prevent dust build-up on the turntable.