About the Bellari VP130 MK2
A warm-sounding tube preamp
A warm-sounding tube preamp
Vacuum tubes are known for providing a warm, engaging listening experience. The Bellari VP130 MK2 is a relatively compact tube preamp that improves your turntable sound, and acts as a headphone amp in the bargain. A button on the front of the unit lets you mute RCA output, so only headphones are active. There are also individual volume controls for headphone and line output.
The VP130 MK2 is compatible with moving magnet and high-output moving coil cartridges. Cartridge loading is switchable between 120pF and 220pF via a button on the front panel.
- phono preamp and headphone amplifier
- single 12AX7 vacuum tube
- compatible with moving magnet and high-output moving coil phono cartridges
- mute button mutes RCA outputs (headphone amp remains active)
- cartridge load capacitance button toggles between 120pF and 220pF
- individual volume controls for preamp output and headphone output
- all-metal chassis for improved shielding from vibration and electromagnetic interference
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 103dB
- THD: 0.05%
- stereo RCA input and output
- ground connector for reducing hum
- 3.5mm headphone output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-1/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VP130MK2
What's in the box:
- Tube phono preamplifier
- AC power adapter (attached 5' cord)
- Connection Guide
Bellari VP130 MK2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bellari VP130 MK2
Features & specs
|Cartridge Type||MM, High-Output MC|
|Adjustable Resistance Load||No|
|Adjustable Capacitance Load||Yes|
|RCA Inputs||1 Pair|
|RCA Outputs||1 Pair|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MM)||103|
|Signal-to-noise Ratio (MC)||Not given|
RUBY 12AX7 Tube: The Bellari VP130 MK2 phono preamp uses a RUBY 12AX7 tube running at 150 volts. The phono input signal is connected directly to the grid of the tube. The included 12AX7 provides a warm sound with a very smooth response and good bass. Initially, the tube needs approximately 30 to 50 hours to burn in for best its sound. The sound difference is very slight, but it is recommend giving the tube a least few hours every day to burn in. After that, the tube only needs 30 seconds to warm up when you go to use it.
- The tube can last up to 50 years (longer if you do not use it often and shorter if you use it all the time). The tube will last less than 10 years if you have the unit on 24/7; 15 years if you use the unit once a day; 25 years if you use the unit a couple times a week; or more than 40 years if you use the unit a few times a month. It is not recommend leaving tube equipment on all the time. It creates a lot of heat that is not beneficial to other electronic components.
- The tube will get up to around 140-degrees fahrenheit, it will be warm to the touch. The top chassis will also get warm from the tube's heat. This will not be an issue as the chassis will only get 20-degrees warmer than room temp. The entire top of the chassis will seem hot after the VP130 MK2 has been on for a few hours, this is normal and nothing to be concerned about.
Note: The tube is replaceable and can be changed out for a different tube (see Connection Guide for further details).
MM & High Output MC Compatible: The Bellari VP130 MK2 can be used with MM (Moving Magnet) and High Output MC (Moving Coil) phono cartridges.
Phono Input & Output: The VP130 MK2 phono preamp has stereo RCA inputs and outputs. The stereo RCA input connects to your turntable, while the stereo RCA output connects to your AV receiver or integrated amplifier. Stereo RCA cable are not included and sold separately (see Accessories Tab). In addition, there is a ground connector to connect to the ground of your turntable to reduce noise.
Headphone Output: The Bellari VP130 MK2 even offers a 3.5mm headphone output jack for connecting a set of headphones, so you can listen to your vinyl collection in privacy. You can use the phono preamp's Mute button to mute audio signal to the unit's RCA output, so only the headphones output's audio signal is present.
Output Level Control: The Bellari VP130 MK2 phono preamp has independent output levels for the stereo RCA output signal and the headphone output signal.
Cartridge Load Capacitance: The VP130 MK2 has two Cartridge Load Capacitance settings -120 pF and 220 pF. Set the switch in the position you feel sounds best to you. The difference might be very slight, but it is there. Most cartridges come with a capacitance load recommendation in the spec sheet for the cartridge. You can set the loading switch to any setting 120 or 220 with any MM cartridge and no damage will be done to the VP130 MK2 or your cartridge. If you can not hear a difference, it is suggested that you do as the cartridge manufacturer suggests, and set the loading switch to their recommendation for the cartridge you are using.
Placement Options: The VP130 MK2 has four integrated rubber feet that allow you to position the phono preamp safely on a flat tabletop surface, such as a stand or shelf.
AC Power Adapter: The Bellari VP130 MK2 comes with an an external AC power adapter that plugs into the back of the phono preamp and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
1 question already asked