About the Arcam AVR20
A home theater juggernaut
A home theater juggernaut
Arcam is one of the A/V industry's most respected brands, and the AVR20 is an excellent example of why. This ultra-capable home theater receiver delivers phenomenal sound quality. It also sports a clean, easy-to-use front panel and an intuitive on-screen interface.
Use it to drive your Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X® system, and enjoy dynamic, detailed sound with music, movies, and even video games.
The AVR20's generous preamp outputs let you add optional external amplifiers to expand your system.
Sound from every corner of your room
One reason the AVR20 performs so well is the advancement of "object-based" surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, which place sound effects in space around you with pinpoint accuracy.
The AVR20 excels at decoding and processing these object-based soundtracks. You'll hear the movie's score and special effects above, behind, in front of, and beside you — just like you would in an actual theater.
Plenty of power, plus room to expand
This receiver sends 110 watts per channel to up to seven connected speakers — enough to drive most stand-mounted or floor-standing speakers.
If you're designing a large surround sound system, you'll want to take advantage of the generous preamp outputs on the AVR20's rear panel. You can feed signal — up to 11.2 channels — to optional external power amps without the need for a separate home theater preamp/processor.
Legendary room correction
The AVR20 includes Dirac Live®, one of the industry's best room correction platforms. Once you download the Dirac software to your Windows® or Mac® laptop, and connect the supplied microphone, you can take precise acoustic measurements of your room.
Then Dirac creates a customized correction curve that fine-tunes the output of your speakers and subwoofers based on the unique sonic characteristics of your space.
The resulting sound is clear, smooth, and ultra-detailed, with tighter bass and more impactful dynamics than before.
Power and processing:
- 7-channel Class AB amplifier
- 110 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD with 2 channels driven
- Dolby®, DTS®, and Auro-3D surround sound decoding
- supports up to a 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos or DTS:X setup with additional external power amps
- IMAX Enhanced certification for improved performance with IMAX Enhanced content
- Dirac Live® room correction tailors the sound to your room's acoustics (microphone included)
- Dirac Live software requires a Windows® or Mac® laptop
- ESS 9026PRO audiophile digital-to-analog converter for ultra-clear sound from stereo and surround sources
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 7 in, 3 out
- dual HDMI outputs for sending signal to both a TV and a projector
- zone 2 HDMI output for sending signal to another part of the house
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the most advanced surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, via a single HDMI connection to your TV
- passes full-resolution surround sound signals from over-the-air broadcasts and streaming media
- digital audio connections:
- 2 Toslink optical and 4 coaxial inputs
- 1 Toslink optical output
- 6 analog RCA stereo audio inputs, plus front-panel 3.5mm minijack input
- 11.2-channel preamp outputs
- zone 2 stereo preamp and line-level outputs
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- rear-panel USB port for audio playback from USB storage devices
- Ethernet port for network connection
- RS-232, IR (infrared), and 12-volt trigger connections for use with optional 3rd party controllers
- front-panel 3.5mm mini headphone output
- detachable power cord
- free Arcam MusicLife and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) control apps let you use your iOS® or Android™ device as a wireless remote control through Wi-Fi
- wireless music streaming through Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2, and Chromecast built-in
- built-in FM tuner
- remote control included
- 17-1/16"W x 6-3/4"H x 16-3/4"D
- weight: 36.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ARCAVR20AM
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arcam AVR20
Features & specs