4-channel power amplifier, 90 watts x 4
Our take on the Arcam P429 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Power for your favorite speakers
Music and movie soundtracks can sound phenomenal when you give your speakers plenty of power. The Arcam P429 features an efficient high-voltage Class G amplifier with a toroidal power transformer for low noise and high-current output. Multiple unbalanced preamp inputs with corresponding outputs give you plenty of options for hooking up your stereo or home theater gear.
The four-channel P429 amp pairs nicely with Arcam's 7-channel home theater receivers for adding up to four Dolby Atmos® overhead speakers to your setup. Or use all four channels to bi-amp a pair of compatible stereo speakers.
Versatile Class G amplifier
The engineers who designed the P429 wanted it to provide the right amount of power at the right time, so your music always sounds exactly as it should. That's why they chose a Class G amplifier design, which uses Class A circuitry for low-level signals, then kicks in a higher-voltage power supply for more demanding dynamic peaks. And it does it without adding any crossover distortion or noise.
The P429 gives you plenty of options for connecting to your preamp or receiver. Four unbalanced RCA preamp inputs feature individual output level trim controls. A handy switch lets you feed all four channels independent signals, or distribute a stereo signal in dual mono or bridged mode. There are also four RCA preamp outputs for connecting additional amps.
- 90 watts x 4 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD
- 125 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- efficient high-voltage Class G amplifier
- THD: 0.002% (80% power, 8 ohms at 1kHz)
- toroidal power transformer for low noise and high-current output
- four unbalanced RCA preamp inputs:
- selectable stereo, dual mono, or bridged mode
- individual output level trim control
- four passive preamp outputs
- four pairs of L/R speaker outputs with binding-post connectors
- Ethernet port for connecting to a local network for remote control and monitoring
- 12-volt trigger input and output
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- Type-A USB for firmware updates
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 17-1/16"W x 4-3/16"H x 16-3/4"D
- weight: 31.7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Number of Channels||4|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||---|
|Bridged Power per Channel||---|
|Parts Warranty||5 years|
|Labor Warranty||5 years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||---|