About the Arcam SA30
A powerful, sophisticated amp
A powerful, sophisticated amp
This is the kind of amp I'd like to build a good two-channel system around. The Arcam SA30 has enough power — 120 watts per channel — to deliver detailed sound at any volume level. The beefy toroidal power transformer inside offers high-current output with very low noise, which is crucial for serious music listening.
And it's versatile. Processor Mode lets you connect a separate surround sound receiver or pre/pro and use the SA30 as a straight power amp for your front left and right home theater channels. Analog Direct mode lets you bypass all digital circuitry for the classic, warm analog hi-fi experience.
Multiple streaming options
The SA30 has built-in Wi-Fi for connecting to your wireless home network, which opens up fun possibilities for streaming music via online music services and internet radio stations. Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream easily from a Mac®, iPod®, or iPad®. And there's Chromecast built-in for wireless music streaming from compatible devices.
It's also a Roon endpoint, which gives you access to the subscription service's informative and appealing interface and high sound quality. The amplifier's uPnP (Universal Plug and Play) capability lets you access high-res files from a networked hard drive.
Dial in great sound with Dirac Live®
Arcam has built impressive Dirac Live room correction into home theater receivers for a while now. The SA30 is the first time I've seen it included in a two-channel amp. It "listens" to your room using a supplied calibration microphone and creates an EQ curve to fine-tune the output from your speakers and subwoofers based on the unique characteristics of your space. The resulting sound is more realistic and transparent, with tighter bass and reduced room effects.
Versatile Class G amplifier
The engineers who designed the SA30 wanted it to provide the right amount of power at the right time, so your music always sounds exactly as it should. That's why they chose a Class G amplifier, which uses Class A circuitry for low-level signals, then kicks in a higher-voltage power supply for more demanding dynamic peaks. And it does it without adding any crossover distortion or noise.
The SA30 gives you plenty of options for connecting music sources. There are two Toslink optical digital inputs and two coaxial digital inputs on the back, along with three stereo analog RCA aux inputs. For vinyl enthusiasts, there are two phono inputs — one for turntables with moving magnet phono cartridges and one for moving coil.
- 120 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.5% THD
- efficient high-voltage Class G amplifier
- THD: 0.002% (80% power, 8 ohms at 1kHz)
- built-in high-performance ESS 9038K2M Sabre DAC
- toroidal power transformer for low noise and high-current output
- Analog Direct mode bypasses all digital circuitry
- Dirac Live® for Arcam room correction for smooth, well-balanced sound (microphone included)
- 3 Dirac EQ profiles with assignable input
- cannot be applied when using Analog Direct mode
- Processor Mode lets you connect to a surround sound receiver or pre/pro and use the SA30 as a power amp
- remote control included
- built-in Wi-Fi for connection to a wireless home network
- compatible with high-res FLAC and MQA files
- Apple AirPlay® 2 for streaming content from iPod, iPad or Mac
- Chromecast built-in for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Roon endpoint: catalog, control, and discover music via subscription-based Roon software
- uPnP streamer: plays high-resolution digital music files from a networked storage device
- 2 optical and 2 coaxial digital audio inputs
- ARC-enabled HDMI input lets you play sound from your TV
- 3 stereo RCA audio inputs
- separate stereo RCA phono inputs for moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges
- Ethernet port for connecting to a home network
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- Type-A USB input plays audio files from a thumb drive
- 1 stereo RCA preamp output
- L/R speaker outputs with binding-post connectors
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/16"W x 3-15/16"H x 12-3/4"D
- weight: 26.4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ARCSA30US
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arcam SA30
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||120|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Frequency Bandwidth||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||Not given|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not given|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||---|
|High-resolution Audio Playback||No|
|Total Analog Inputs||---|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||5 years|
|Labor Warranty||5 years|