About the Arcam Solo Uno
A space-saving streaming amplifier
A space-saving streaming amplifier
The Arcam Solo Uno is ideal for setting up a simple streaming audio system or a desktop listening station. It's relatively compact and delivers a clean 25 watts per channel to drive a pair of bookshelf speakers. It can make a wired or wireless connection to your home network, giving you convenient app-based control from your mobile device. Apple AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in offer access to popular streaming music services, and the amp can even decode and play high-resolution MQA files.
You can add an external source via a 3.5mm aux input on the back panel, and boost your system's bass output by connecting a powered subwoofer to the provided mono RCA output.
- 25 watts per channel at 8 ohms; 50 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 117 dB
- connects to your home network via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi for music streaming
- stylish cast aluminum case
- Apple AirPlay® 2 and Google Chromecast built-in
- stream music from popular services like Deezer, Napster, Qobuz, Spotify and TIDAL
- compatible with high-resolution MQA files
- Roon-ready — works with advanced subscription-based software for enhanced browsing and music selection
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for making a wired connection to your network
- Type-A USB port for service updates only
- 3.5mm analog stereo input
- pair of binding post speaker connectors
- mono RCA subwoofer output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 5-9/16"W x 2-1/8"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 3.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ARCSOLOUNOAM
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- "Thank You" letter
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Arcam Solo Uno
Features & specs
|USB Port||Firmware only|
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Android|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Super-Efficient Amplifier Design: The Arcam Solo Uno employs a super-efficient, Class D amplifier design that is rated at 25 watts x 2 channels (into 8-ohms) or 50 watts x 2 channels (into 4-ohms).
- Binding Post Speaker Output Terminals: The Arcam Solo Uno is outfitted with a set of binding post speaker output terminals for connection of a single pair of 8-ohm or 4-ohm loudspeakers. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only).
- Mono-RCA Sub Out: The Arcam Solo Uno features a rear-panel mono-RCA Sub output for connection of a powered subwoofer (sold separately). The mono-RCA subwoofer output features a built-in low-pass crossover that is fixed at 80Hz.
Wired & Wireless Network Connectivity: The Arcam Solo Uno supports a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) network connection. The Solo Uno is equipped with an RJ-45 LAN jack for a wired connection to your network router. It also offers built-in 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi (802.11n) for a wireless connection to your network router. By connecting the wireless audio amplifier to your network, you gain access to Chromecast built-in music apps, Apple AirPlay 2 for iOS devices, and UPnP audio file sharing.
Note: Make sure to connect the included WiFi antenna when setting up a wireless network connection.
Chromecast built-in: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to enable Chromecast built-in. Chromecast built-in gives you access to hundreds of online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the Arcam Solo Uno. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your smartphone to answer a call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the Arcam Solo Uno amp.
- Online Music & Internet Radio: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, Qobuz, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 6.0+) device to the Arcam Solo Uno. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio Distribution: Add more Chromecast built-in speakers and components (sold separately) throughout your home to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the Google Assistant and your voice on a compatible Google Home device.
- Google Assistant Voice Control: Purchase a Google Assistant enabled smart speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The Arcam Solo Uno and your Google Assistant smart speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
- Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service.
- Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
- A separate Google Assistant smart speaker (sold separately) is required for voice control. You will also need to agree to Google's Privacy Statement to use voice control.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the wireless audio amplifier and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the wireless audio amplifier. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the wireless audio amplifier.
UPnP (Universal Plug and Play): With a network connection, you'll be able to effortlessly stream music stored on your Windows PC, Mac computer, NAS drive, or other UPnP compliant device directly to the Arcam Solo Uno using the free Music Life App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+). For playback from a network device, the network device needs to be running a universal plug and play (UPnP) service, such as Windows Media Player 11. Other free and paid-for UPnP services are available for other computer operating systems. Some network attached storage (NAS) systems include a built-in version of a UPnP service. You also get to stream content stored on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device to the Arcam wireless audio amplifier using the MusicLife app.
- Supported Music Files: Supported music files include MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC ( up to 24-bit/192kHz); as well as MQA audio files.
- MQA Decoder: The Arcam Solo Uno features a full MQA decoder, which enables you to play back MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording in the highest possible sound quality. At this level of playback you are hearing what was created in the studio - with precise file and platform-specific DAC compensation and management. MQA is supported via UPnP only.
- Your music library must be stored physically on your computer or mobile device, not on a Cloud service.
- MQA is not supported by Chromecast built-in's version of Tidal.
Roon Ready: Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across all other Roon enabled audio devices in your home. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and DSD) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the Roon enabled devices around your house. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Arcam Solo Uno or other Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Arcam Solo Uno. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or turnkey appliance (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
Aux Input: The Arcam Solo Uno is equipped with a rear-panel 3.5mm Aux input for a wired connection of an external audio device.
Front-Panel Controls: The Arcam Solo Uno features basic front-panel controls that include Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Mute, and Aux Input. Advanced playback operation will be done from the compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Note: The Solo Uno does not come with a remote control and does not support IR control.
Firmware Updates: The Solo Uno can be updated over a wired or wireless network connection automatically to provide enhanced future streaming features and years of listening enjoyment.
2 questions already asked