About the DALI Oberon Vokal
Vocals front and center
Vocals front and center
We've said it many times before — the center channel is the most important speaker in your home theater setup. DALI's compact Oberon Vokal will help you hear the most accurate rendering of a soundtrack the way the director intended. You'll get lifelike and detailed dialogue and on-screen effects when you incorporate the Vokal into an Oberon Series speaker system.
DALI carefully designed the Vokal for a seamless handoff between the drivers. The dual 5-1/4" woofers feature stiff, lightweight construction — a blend of fine-grain paper pulp reinforced with wood fibers. And the 1-1/8" tweeter also reproduces relatively low frequencies — for a tweeter — so that it overlaps with the woofers in the most musical manner.
Patented distortion-reducing technology
The iron pole pieces woofer magnets are capped with patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) disks that minimize the negative effects of the iron. This reduces mechanical distortion, and helps create a relaxed, uncolored midrange. You'll hear a surprising amount of detail, without fatiguing your ears.
Introduce yourself to Danish speaker mojo
DALI — Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries — has been making high-end speakers since 1983. The Oberon is their entry-level line, but we think it offers great bang for your buck. Tight vinyl-dressed, high-density MDF cabinets, with internal bracing and acoustic damping material throughout, all but eliminate resonance. This helps the speaker "disappear," and the music come alive.
- center channel speaker for home theater
- 1-1/8" ultra-light soft textile dome tweeter
- 2 x 5-1/4" wood fiber cone woofers
- patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) 3/8" disk in woofer magnets reduces third order distortion
- front-ported bass reflex enclosure
- frequency response: 47-26,000 Hz ±3dB
- sensitivity: 89.5 dB
- recommended power: 25-150 watts
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- 2-way speaker with crossover at 2.6kHz
- MDF cabinet with dark walnut vinyl finish
- Shadow Black grille with contemporary visual rounded corners
- high-quality binding-posts accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) or single banana plugs
- 17-7/16"W x 6-3/8"H x 11-9/16"D
- weight: 16.4 pounds
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # OBERON VOKAL DARK WLNT
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 8 Rubber feet
DALI Oberon Vokal reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DALI Oberon Vokal
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.125|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Frequency Response||47-26k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Wide Dispersion: The DALI OBERON Series makes it easy to integrate the loudspeakers into any room and designed to deliver great sound to a wide listening area, faithfully reproducing every detail in the audio signal wherever you sit or stand.. Both the driver materials and geometry applied in the OBERON Series has been selected to achieve a wide dispersion pattern in the listening area. The same principles have been applied in the design of the crossover. Thus, you will experience a well-integrated sound, even when listening at a significant off-axis angle. This is important as you are rarely seated directly in front of your loudspeaker when listening to music. An added benefit is seriously reduced harmonic distortion and frequency distortion, as these will always be stronger in an on-axis response.
Soft-Dome Tweeter: The brand new oversized 1.125" ultra-light, soft-dome tweeter has been developed specifically for the OBERON Series to produce extended frequency response with wide dispersion and low coloration.. The oversized tweeter membrane is constructed from an ultra-light weight weave fabric. Compared to most soft dome tweeters in the market, the DALI dome material is less than half the weight at 0.060 mg per mm2. The DALI manufactured ultra-light weight soft dome tweeter is additionally optimized for a larger bandwidth in its lower frequency area. This ensures the optimal handover from the midrange woofer to the tweeter, creating a well balanced, unforced and very coherent upper midrange.
- Oversized Membrane: The large size of the membrane lets the tweeter generate higher sound pressure with less excursion, keeping the voice coil motion to a precise minimum.
- Ferro-Fluid Cooling: To further improve power handling, to reduce power compression, and to support linear excursion of the voice coil, the tweeter magnet system incorporates ferro-fluid cooling.
- Damping Material: Covering the entire top of the pole piece is soft felt damping. This damping material eliminates unwanted reflections that may occur from a traditional flat-surface pole piece, applied in simpler tweeter constructions
Wood Fiber Cones: The two 5.25" woofers feature DALI's signature wood-fiber cone for well-balanced midrange and bass frequency sound. The wood fiber cone is a blend of fine grain paper pulp, reinforced with wood fiber, which creates a stiff, light-weight and well-behaving structure. The stiff but lightweight construction is supported in a low-loss rubber surround. In combination with a low-loss surround and spider suspension, this cone reproduces the micro details in the signal - unfiltered and with high accuracy.
- 4-Layer Voice Coil: The voice coil is a 4-layer design, and while 4-layers is effective for high force factor, the higher moving mass traditionally presents a problem for the midrange response - impairing voice reproduction. DALI's solution for minimizing the mass was to employ a light weight, copper clad aluminum wire. Combining the high conductivity/weight ratio of aluminum (205% the value of copper), with the superior contact resistance properties and better mechanical strength of copper, the OBERON woofer gets a lightweight voice coil with high conductivity, capable of handling high peak signal levels.
- Patented SMC Disk: Most woofers are driven by iron magnets. But iron doesn't magnetize and demagnetize at the same speed, leading to audible distortion. DALI OBERON uses Soft Magnetic Compound (SMC), developed for their high-end speakers, to drastically reduce distortion. The woofer magnet motor's pole piece is capped with 10mm SMC (soft magnetic compound), resulting in an improved flux field and dramatically reduced mechanical distortion. The use of this patented SMC disk greatly reduces mechanical distortion, which lowers third order distortion. This allows for a longer listening pleasure, a relaxed midrange and a surprising amount of detail.
Bass Reflex MDF Cabinet: The DALI OBERON Series speaker uses a bass reflex cabinet design with a front-firing bass port to ensure high efficiency, big bass response, and optimum integration within your room. The speaker cabinet is constructed from rigid MDF board and finished in a high-grade vinyl wrap. Acoustic damping material internally along the sides, top, and bottom help to optimize the timing of the drivers and creates a more direct contact between the woofers and bass port. The audible result is a more precise bass and increased midrange peformance. On the front of the speaker cabinet is a newly designed, lightweight cloth grille with rounded edges that add a contemporary visual look to the speaker series.
Note: The DALI OBERON Series is available in four finishes - Black Ash, White, Dark Walnut and Light Oak.
High-Quality Binding Post Terminals: The DALI OBERON VOKAL center-channel speaker is outfitted with high-quality, binding-post terminals that provide a secure maximum grip on speaker cables, whether bare wire (up to 10AWG) or banana plugs (single only).
Mounting Options: The OBERON VOKAL center-channel speaker has been specially designed to be positioned close to the large surface of your TV screen. You can place it above or below the screen, on a stand or on a shelf. The included self-adhesive rubber feet help to prevent any vibration on the mounting surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker. The speaker should ideally be positioned, so that the height of the tweeter is approximately at ear height when seated in your favorite listening position.
Note: The OBERON VOKAL does not offer any keyhole slot, threaded insert, or bracket for wall-mounting the speaker.
DALI OBERON Series: DALI OBERON Series incorporate DALI's patented SMC technology, drastically reducing non-linear magnetic distortion - so you can hear your favorite music like you've never heard it before. With new oversized tweeters, wide-dispersion wood-fiber woofers and striking Danish cabinet design, DALI OBERON sets a new benchmark for affordable audiophile speakers. The DALI OBERON Series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (OBERON 5/7/9), two bookshelf loudspeakers (OBERON 1/3), a center-channel speaker (OBERON Vokal), and an on-wall speaker (OBERON On-Wall); all sold separately. Every speaker model is perfect for stereo or home theater use, and is able to fill everything from small apartments to large living rooms with high-quality sound.