About the DALI Opticon LCR MK2
High-performance sound that blends with your decor
High-performance sound that blends with your decor
Whether you use it in a two-channel music system, as a surround speaker in your home theater, or even as a center channel, DALI's Opticon LCR MK2 packs wide and articulate frequency response into a beautiful low-profile cabinet designed to mount directly on your wall.
A hybrid tweeter for silky highs
The LCR features a dual tweeter array with a 1-1/8" soft-dome tweeter and custom-designed ribbon tweeter mounted on a cast aluminum faceplate. The dome handles from around 2,000-14,000 Hz, while the ribbon starts contributing at around 10,000 and extends on up to the highest of highs. The speaker's wide dispersion pattern helps you enjoy clear, coherent sound in a wider area of your room, not just when you're seated dead-center.
Mids and bass come courtesy of a 6-1/2" woofer made of a stiff, lightweight blend of fine-grain paper pulp reinforced with wood fibers. (DALI calls it a "2 + 1/2-way" design — the extra "half" is for the ribbon tweeter.)
Further rounding out the low end, the LCR's unique dual downward firing rear ports work with your wall to extend bass beyond what seems possible from a cabinet only about 5" deep.
Patented distortion-reducing technology
The patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) woofer magnet pole pieces in DALI's Opticon line significantly reduce mechanical distortion, and help create a relaxed, uncolored midrange. You'll hear a surprising amount of detail, without fatiguing your ears.
Introduce yourself to Danish speaker mojo
DALI — Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries — has been making high-end speakers since 1983. The Opticon is their most affordable made-in-Denmark line, and we think it offers great bang for your buck. Tight vinyl-dressed, high-density MDF cabinets, with internal bracing and acoustic damping material throughout, all but eliminate resonance. This helps the speaker "disappear," and the music come alive.
- on-wall speaker for music or home theater
- hybrid tweeter:
- 1-1/8" ultra-light soft dome tweeter
- 1-3/4" x 11/16" ribbon tweeter
- 6-1/2" wood fiber cone woofer
- patented SMC (soft magnetic compound) woofer magnet significantly reduces distortion from mechanical loss
- bass reflex enclosure
- unique dual rear downward-firing ports work with wall to extend bass
- frequency response: 70-30,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- recommended power: 30-150 watts
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- "2 + 1/2-way" speaker with crossovers at 2,800/14,000 Hz
- MDF cabinet with Tobacco Oak vinyl finish
- black cloth grille
- high-quality binding-posts accept bare wire (up to 10AWG) or single banana plugs
- vertical mounting for stereo or surround, or horizontal mounting for center channel
- dual two-way keyhole slots
- for horizontal mounting, tweeter array can be rotated 90° using an Allen wrench
- assembled by hand in Denmark
- 11-1/4"W x 19"H x 5"D
- weight: 17.6 pounds (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # OPTICON LCR MK2 TOBACCO OAK
What's in the box:
- LCR loudspeaker
- 4 Rubber bumpers
- Quick Start Guide
- Congratulations Card
DALI Opticon LCR MK2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DALI Opticon LCR MK2
Features & specs
|Number of Speakers||1|
|Wall mount||Fixed keyhole mount|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.125|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Wood Fiber|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Hand-Assembled In Denmark: All elements of the DALI drivers and cabinets are designed, produced and manufactured in-house in Denmark. The building of the cabinet, mounting of the drivers, plus the final tests and approvals on each and every DALI OPTICON MK2 Series speaker is handled directly at their own assembly lines in their Danish factory. The OPTICON MK2 Series manufacturing process is designed to ensure that stereo pairs of speakers are built and tested sequentially by a single manufacturing technician, using components taken in the same order from the same batch. It's a process that helps ensure ultimate visual and acoustic pair matching.
Hybrid Tweeter Design: The OPTICON LCR MK2 loudspeaker employs a new hybrid tweeter design that marries the 1.125" soft-dome tweeter with a custom 0.6875" x 1.75" ribbon. Both tweeters are mounted on a reversible cast aluminium faceplate, which incorporates dispersion control detailing, while also offering the option of 360 degrees rotation for when used as center channel. The placement of the hybrid tweeter drivers is done firstly in order to position the high frequency drivers near typical seated ear height. Secondly to take advantage of the smoother low frequency room response that results from the bass driver.The new hybrid tweeter design offers the best of both worlds - the clarity, speed and dynamics of a dome tweeter, with the very high frequency detail and smooth finesse of a ribbon tweeter.
- 1.125" Soft-Dome Tweeter: The new unique light-weight 1.125" soft-dome tweeter offers significant advances over the tweeters used in previous models and series. The relatively small increase in diameter over the previous tweeter results in a significant increase in dome radiating area. This means lower distortion, higher power handling, and an ability to operate at lower frequencies. The use of the same 1.125" soft-dome tweeter across all OPTICON MK2 models results in consistency of tonal character and provides consistency of dispersion characteristics. The MK2 soft-dome tweeter enables crossover frequencies as low as 2kHz to be safely employed with no risk of distortion or power handling limitations.
- 0.6875" x 1.75" Ribbon Tweeter: The ribbon tweeter begins to contribute from 10kHz upwards; just as the response of the soft-dome element is beginning slowly to fall away and become more directional. The ribbon element both extends the system frequency response towards 30kHz and contributes to keep high frequency horizontal dispersion wider than would otherwise be the case.
Note: The included hex-tool is required to rotate the hybrid tweeter faceplate.
6.5" Woofer: The 6.5" OPTICON LCR MK2 woofer was designed with a consistent focus on the DALI audio principles of low-loss, low distortion and low coloration. The ideal driver plays only what the amplifier requires, with nothing added and nothing subtracted for the most natural sound reproduction.
- Wood Fiber Cone: Every component of the driver is carefully designed for its positive contribution towards ideal performance. The diaphragm is made from a mix of paper and wood fiber that ensures minimal break-up resonance and gives the diaphragm its distinctive DALI trademark color. It is terminated by rubber surrounds chosen for its soft and very flexible mechanical properties that enable free movement with minimal low frequency damping. The driver chassis is manufactured in die-cast aluminum that provides extremely high rigidity and low resonance along with minimal extraneous influence on the internal magnet system. The mechanical design of the chassis is specifically engineered to provide minimal impedance to airflow while at the same time enabling extremely tight mechanical bonding with the speaker enclosure.
- SMC Technology:The OPTICON LCR MK2 driver magnet system consists of a large ferrite ring magnet surrounding a pole piece manufactured entirely of the unique DALI SMC material. The pole piece and the ferrite magnet are secured between soft iron front and back plates to create the appropriate magnetic field for the voice-coil. DALI SMC (Soft Magnetic Compound) is a coated magnet granular material that can be formed to almost any desired shape and has many advantages used in driver magnet systems. SMC’s unusual combination of very high magnetic permeability and very low electrical conductivity is exactly what is required for driver magnet systems and results in a significant reduction of electro-acoustic distortion. SMC minimizes and reduces distortion, while improving linearity for a more natural sound that is unmasked and uncolored.
Bass Reflex Port Design: The OPTICON LCR MK2 features a bass reflex cabinet with down-firing ports. The bass reflex ports have been tuned to minimize distortion from the woofer, and to control the time response of the roll-off from the bass system. Using most of the back of the OPTICON LCR MK2 and the wall to control the bass port airflow the OPTICON LCR delivers bass at a level not expected from such a compact wall mounted speaker.Timing is the absolute keyword when tuning bass ports. Correct timing without any unwanted interaction between the drivers and frequencies creates a holographic soundstage. Research clearly shows that speakers with superior time coherence deliver enhanced sonic realism.
Custom Built MDF Cabinet: The enclosure of the OPTICON LCR MK2 is designed to optimist rigidity and minimize panel resonance. The 25mm thick front-baffle provides massively rigid foundations for the drivers. The manufacturing of the OPTICON MK2 series has been retained firmly at the DALI factory in Denmark. Their in-house woodworking facility handles everything from cutting and routing the MDF panels to the driver and crossover installation. The final test and quality approval on each and every speaker is also handled on our own assembly lines.
Note: Available in a Satin Black, Tobacco Walnut, or Satin White finish.
High-Quality Binding Post Terminals: The DALI OPTICON LCR MK2 speaker is outfitted with high-quality, heavy-duty binding-post terminals that provide a secure maximum grip on speaker cables, whether bare wire (up to 10AWG) or banana plugs (single only).
Application & Mounting Options: The OPTICON LCR MK2 speaker feature a LCR design, allowing it to function as a Front, Center and/or Rear speaker in your home theater setup. It can be mounted horizontally or vertically. The DALI OBERON OLCR MK2 is optimized for wall-mounting and inlcudes two integrated keyhole-slots on the back of the speaker cabinet. The speaker should ideally be positioned on the wall so that the height of the tweeter is approximately at ear height when seated in your favorite listening position. There should be at least 4" to any surface underneath the speaker to accommodate for the bass ports.
DALI OPTICON MK2 Series: Combining a Danish design with both tried-and-tested and new speaker technologies, the DALI OPTICON MK2 Series delivers a striking sound that is dynamic and pure. The OPTICON MK2 Series consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (OPTICON 6 MK2 / OPTICON 8 MK2), two bookshelf loudspeakers (OPTICON 1 MK2 / OPTICON 2 MK2), a center-channel speaker (OPTICON VOKAL MK2), and LCR speaker (OPTICON LCR MK2) - all sold separately