About the DALI Sound Hub
The brain of your wireless DALI speaker system
The brain of your wireless DALI speaker system
The DALI Sound Hub is the centerpiece that makes DALI's wireless speaker systems so flexible. It sends high-res wireless signal from connected sources to your DALI Oberon C, Callisto C, and Rubicon C speakers (not included) and gives you control over volume and other functions. Built-in proprietary dual-band wireless technology delivers crisp, clear audio without speaker wires.
Connections and expansion ports
The hub offers two optical digital inputs — one for connecting a compatible TV, and one for a digital audio component. Both are signal-sensing, so the hub turns on automatically when you fire up a connected device. There's also a non-signal-sensing coaxial digital input for another digital component. Bluetooth® with high-quality AAC and aptX streaming lets you play sources wirelessly from phones, tablets, and computers. Analog sources can be connected via a stereo RCA input or 3.5mm aux input.
A line-level stereo RCA preamp output lets you send signal to an outboard amplifier or receiver, and there's a mono RCA output for adding a powered subwoofer.
The back panel also features two expansion ports that can accommodate optional DALI audio modules. The company's first offering is a BluOS expansion module that adds a wealth of high-res streaming options, with more on the way.
Introduce yourself to Danish wireless speaker mojo
DALI — Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries — has been making high-end speakers since 1983. Their modular approach to wireless digital sound opens up a variety of music sources and placement options for your powered DALI speakers.
- central connection point for wireless Bluetooth® and wired digital and analog sources
- sends high-res audio signals wirelessly to compatible DALI speaker systems
- Bluetooth with high-quality AAC and aptX streaming
- compatible with optional BluOS module for playing network music sources
- establish wireless link between hub and speakers with the connect button
- proprietary 30-bit protocol transfers uncompressed digital audio signal to speakers (up to 24-bit/96 kHz resolution)
- remote included
- two signal-activated optical digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- coaxial digital input (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- analog stereo RCA input
- 3.5mm aux input
- analog-to-digital converter samples analog signal in 24-bit/96kHz resolution for optimal wireless transfer
- line-level stereo RCA preamp output
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- USB Type-A for device charging and firmware updates
- expansion ports on rear panel allow for addition of optional DALI audio modules
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-13/16"W x 3"H x 8-7/16"D
- weight: 3.53 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SOUND HUB BLK
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio hub
- AC power adapter (attached 5.5' DC cord)
- 4 AC adapter plugs (US/EU/UK/AU)
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Set-Up Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Online Registration CArd
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DALI Sound Hub
DALI Sound Hub: The DALI Sound Hub is the brains behind the CALLISTO C, RUBICON C and OBERON C wireless speaker systems (all sold separately) - allowing you to wirelessly stream 24-bit/96kHz audio to the speakers and automatically switch between multiple sources. You can connect a single pair of speakers or up to five pair of speakers in a single room. The DALI Sound Hub can also be integrated with your existing audio system thanks to its stereo RCA preouts. The DALI Sound Hub offers Bluetooth audio streaming, analog stereo RCA and 3.5mm Aux inputs, as well a optical & coaxial digital audio inputs. It even allows for expansion with an optional BluOS module (sold separately).
- The DALI Sound Hub will play the same audio source to all your connected speakers and existing sound system.
- You will have separate volume control from the speakers and your audio system.
- The DALI Sound Hub only supports wireless stereo playback and does not support a wireless home theater setup.
Note: Because the wireless range of the DALI Sound Hub is limited to 30', it is not intended for multiroom audio distribution unless used along with the BluOS NPM-1 module (sold separately)
Dual-Band Wireless Transmission: The wireless connection between the Sound Hub and your compatible CALLISTO C, RUBICON C or OBERON C speakers is an extremely stable digital connection, made on either the 2.4 GHz or the 5.8 GHz band depending on location and quality of the connection. To pair the Sound Hub with compatible speakers, initiate the pairing process by simply pressing the Link & Connect button on the back of the Sound Hub and speakers.
- Uncompressed Audio (24-bit/96kHz): The proprietary 30-bit protocol transfers an uncompressed I2S audio signal in 24-bit/96kHz, utilizing the remaining bits to control volume, speaker ID and other control data. Because it works on a less trafficked band, and the protocol is specially designed for transporting an audio signal, the connection is highly stable introducing next to no packet loss.
- Low Latency (25 ms): The protocol uses forward error correction to remove the result of packet loss, should they occur. The high bandwidth low latency protocol functions as a point-to-multipoint connection. This allows for multiple speakers to connect to the same stereo signal. With latency below 25 ms, sync between video and audio from a movie or TV source is obtained well within conventionally acceptable limits.
- 30' Wireless Range: The robust nature of the SOUND HUB COMPACT and OBERON C wireless connection means they can be located as much as 30' apart without risk of connection failure or temporary signal interruptions.
Note: The Sound Hub's 24-bit/192kHz digital audio inputs are down-converted to 24-bit/96kHz when wirelessly transmitted to compatible DALI speakers.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The DALI Sound Hub features built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You are able to stream stored music, music apps and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer the Sound Hub. You can have up to 8 Bluetooth devices paired, and two devices connected at any time, but only can be used for playback at a time. The unit supports the following Bluetooth codecs - SBC, AAC, aptX, and aptX-HD.
- AAC: In addition to supporting Bluetooth standard SBC codec, the Sound Hub offers support for Apple's AAC codec. AAC is an improved audio protocol that despite still being lossy, supports a larger amount of audio data to be transferred via the Bluetooth connection. It's the highest quality of Bluetooth transfer for an Apple iOS device.
- aptX-HD: Apt-X HD is a well-known audio protocol, allowing for compression of up to 24-bit/48 kHz audio streams and a wider bandwidth transfer than Apt-X. This allows for high quality playback of not just traditional audio files, but also HD quality music over Bluetooth, along with full backward compatibility with Apt-X.
Note: You'll still use your Bluetooth-enabled source device to control playback functions (not the Sound Hub's front-panel or remote).
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The DALI Sound Hub is outfitted with both analog & digital audio inputs - all on the rear-panel. There is a stereo RCA analog input and a 3.5mm Aux input for connecting an analog source device. There are also two optical (toslink) digital audio inputs and one coaxial (RCA) digital audio input for connecting a digital source device. The digital audio inputs support 2ch PCM, up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- The Sound Hub's 24-bit/192kHz digital audio inputs are down-converted to 24-bit/96kHz when wirelessly transmitted to compatible DALI speakers.
- The digital audio inputs do not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel audio formats.
Expansion Ports: One of the most innovative features of the DALI Sound Hub is its expandability. There are two modular expansion ports on the back-panel that let you add extra and future functionality and features to the Sound Hub. Currently there is a BluOS NPM-1 module (sold separately) that can be connected to one of the Sound Hub's expansion ports for integrating Bluesound's hi-res multiroom audio platform - giving you wireless WiFi audio streaming, MQA support, and access to a variety of online music services (including Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon, Spotify, and more).
Pre-Out and Sub Out: The stereo RCA preout allows you to use the DALI Sound Hub as a preamplifier for your existing audio system, making it possible to enjoy the benefits of the modular extensions and the auto source sensing capabilities. The preout can also be used to connect to the speakers via a cable in cases wireless transfer is not preferable. In addition, there is a mono-RCA subwoofer/LFE output. When a powered subwoofer is connected, everything below 100 Hz is sent through this output to a connected powered sub.
USB Charging Port: There is a USB-A port (5V/1A) on the back of the DALI Sound Hub that can be used to charge your USB-enabled electronic devices, such as your smartphone or tablet. This USB port is also used for service purposes and for firmware updates.
Note: This USB port does not support audio playback.
Front-Panel Control & Display: The front-panel volume knob features an integrated LED display The LED display shows the current audio source as well as the volume level. There is also a light display on top of the Sound Hub, which indicates the location of the speakers in the pairing process. You can adjust the light intensity of the displays.
Remote Control: The included remote control provides wireless operation of the DALI Sound Hub. The remote control uses Bluetooth to wirelessly communicate with the Sound Hub. Because the remote is Bluetooth (and not IR), the remote doesn't have to be pointed directly at the Sound Hub, allowing you place the Sound Hub anywhere in the room (up to 30'). Wireless remote control functions include Power On/Off, Source Select, Volume Up/Down, and Mute.
Note: The Bluetooth remote control will automatically connect to the Sound Hub within 30 seconds after the Sound Hub is first turned on.
Auto Sensing: All inputs on the Sound Hub have auto sensing and will automatically activate the Sound Hub and paired speakers when a signal is detected. This will turn on the system and activate the correct input, if the system is in standby, or just activate the correct input if the system is already on. The Sound Hub and the speakers will automatically power off after 30 minutes with no audio signal.
- Bluetooth, RCA In, Coaxial In and Optical In, all activate when an audio signal is detected.
- Optical In (TV) activates when the carrier light in the optical cable is turned on.
- Auto sensing does not allow one input to override another input that has an active signal.
- The mini-jack (AUX In) connector does not have Auto sensing.
Note: Auto sensing will activate an input that has an audio signal if the current input is no longer receiving an audio signal. So, if your CD Player is playing music and you manually select the TV input, the CD Player input could in some situations be auto selected when you turn off your TV. To avoid this, always turn of any playback before manually selecting another input.