About the DALI Sound Hub Compact
A low-profile wireless hub
A low-profile wireless hub
The DALI Sound Hub Compact is a low-profile centerpiece for your DALI wireless speaker system. It sends high-res wireless signal from connected sources to your DALI Oberon C, Callisto C, and Rubicon C speakers (not included) and gives you control over volume and other functions. Built-in proprietary dual-band wireless technology delivers crisp, clear audio without speaker wires.
It can be placed on a table or entertainment furniture, or wall-mounted using the keyhole slots on the bottom.
The hub is designed to boost TV sound, thanks to an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port on the back panel. It also offers two optical digital inputs — one for connecting a compatible TV, and one for a digital audio component. Both are signal-sensing, so the hub turns on automatically when you fire up a connected device. Bluetooth® with high-quality AAC and aptX streaming lets you play sources wirelessly from phones, tablets, and computers.
An analog source can be connected via stereo RCA input, and there's a mono RCA output for adding a powered subwoofer.
Introduce yourself to Danish wireless speaker mojo
DALI — Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries — has been making high-end speakers since 1983. Their modular approach to wireless digital sound opens up a variety of music sources and placement options for your powered DALI speakers.
- central connection point for wireless Bluetooth® and wired digital and analog sources
- Bluetooth® with high-quality AAC and aptX streaming
- sends high-res audio signals wirelessly to compatible DALI speaker systems
- allows you to remotely control volume, source selection, and other functions
- establish wireless link between hub and speakers with the connect button
- proprietary 30-bit protocol transfers uncompressed digital audio signal to speakers (up to 24-bit/96 kHz resolution)
- keyhole slots on bottom for wall mounting
- remote included
- HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) accepts audio signals from a compatible TV
- two signal-activated optical digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- analog stereo RCA input
- analog-to-digital converter samples analog signal in 24-bit/96kHz resolution for optimal wireless transfer
- mono RCA subwoofer output (low-pass filtered at 100Hz)
- USB Type-A for device charging and firmware updates
- IR control input
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8-3/8"W x 1-3/16"H x 5-1/4"D
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SOUND HUB COMPACT
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio hub
- AC power adapter (attached 5.5' DC cord)
- 4 AC adapter plugs (US/EU/UK/AU)
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- IR receiver cable
- Quick Set-Up Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Online Registration CArd
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the DALI Sound Hub Compact
Features & specs
|Digital Input||Opt. (2)|
|HDMI Input||HDMI ARC|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||96 kHz|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
DALI Sound Hub Compact: The DALI Sound Hub Compact is the brains behind the CALLISTO C, RUBICON C and OBERON C wireless speaker systems (all sold separately) - allowing you to wirelessly stream 24-bit/96kHz audio to the speakers and automatically switch between multiple sources. You can connect a single pair of speakers or up to five pair of speakers. The DALI Sound Hub Compact offers Bluetooth audio streaming, HDMI ARC, as well as analog & digital audio inputs.
- The DALI Sound Hub Compact will play the same audio source to all your connected speakers.
- You will have separate volume control from the wirelessly connected speakers.
- The Sound Hub Compact only supports wireless stereo playback and does not support a wireless home theater setup.
Note: Because the wireless range of the DALI Sound Hub Compact is limited to 30', it is not intended for wireless multiroom audio distribution.
Dual-Band Wireless Transmission: The wireless connection between the Sound Hub Compact and your compatible CALLISTO C, RUBICON C or OBERON C speakers is an extremely stable digital connection, made on either the 2.4 GHz or the 5.8 GHz band depending on location and quality of the connection. To pair the Sound Hub Compact with compatible speakers, initiate the pairing process by simply pressing the Link & Connect button on the back of the Sound Hub Compact and speakers.
- Uncompressed Audio (24-bit/96kHz): The proprietary 30-bit protocol transfers an uncompressed I2S audio signal in 24-bit/96kHz, utilizing the remaining bits to control volume, speaker ID and other control data. Because it works on a less trafficked band, and the protocol is specially designed for transporting an audio signal, the connection is highly stable introducing next to no packet loss.
- Low Latency (25 ms): The protocol uses forward error correction to remove the result of packet loss, should they occur. The high bandwidth low latency protocol functions as a point-to-multipoint connection. This allows for multiple speakers to connect to the same stereo signal. With latency below 25 ms, sync between video and audio from a movie or TV source is obtained well within conventionally acceptable limits.
- 30' Wireless Range: The robust nature of the SOUND HUB COMPACT and OBERON C wireless connection means they can be located as much as 30' apart without risk of connection failure or temporary signal interruptions.
Note: The Sound Hub Compact's 24-bit/192kHz HDMI ARC jack and digital audio inputs are down-converted to 24-bit/96kHz when wirelessly transmitted to compatible DALI speakers.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The DALI Sound Hub Compact features built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You are able to stream stored music, music apps and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer the Sound Hub Compact. You can have up to 8 Bluetooth devices paired, and two devices connected at any time, but only can be used for playback at a time. The unit supports the following Bluetooth codecs - SBC, AAC, aptX, and aptX-HD.
- AAC: In addition to supporting Bluetooth standard SBC codec, the Sound Hub Compact offers support for Apple's AAC codec. AAC is an improved audio protocol that despite still being lossy, supports a larger amount of audio data to be transferred via the Bluetooth connection. It's the highest quality of Bluetooth transfer for an Apple iOS device.
- aptX-HD: Apt-X HD is a well-known audio protocol, allowing for compression of up to 24-bit/48 kHz audio streams and a wider bandwidth transfer than Apt-X. This allows for high quality playback of not just traditional audio files, but also HD quality music over Bluetooth, along with full backward compatibility with Apt-X.
Note: You'll still use your Bluetooth-enabled source device to control playback functions (not the Sound Hub Compact's front-panel or remote).
HDMI ARC: Offering an HDMI ARC jack, the DALI Sound Hub Compact is designed for TV audio; switching on and off in sync with the TV. Additionally it enables the use of the TV remote control to adjust volume and mute functions. The HDMI ARC jack support 2ch PCM, up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- The Sound Hub Compact's 24-bit/192kHz HDMI ARC jack is down-converted to 24-bit/96kHz when wirelessly transmitted to compatible DALI speakers.
- The HDMI ARC jack does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel audio formats.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The DALI Sound Hub Compact is outfitted with both analog & digital audio inputs - all on the rear-panel. There is a stereo RCA analog input for connecting an analog source device and two optical (toslink) digital audio inputs for connecting digital source devices. The digital audio inputs support 2ch PCM, up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- The Sound Hub Compact's 24-bit/192kHz digital audio inputs are down-converted to 24-bit/96kHz when wirelessly transmitted to compatible DALI speakers.
- The digital audio inputs do not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel audio formats.
Sub Out: There is a mono-RCA subwoofer/LFE output on the DALI Sound Hub Compact. When a powered subwoofer is connected, everything below 100 Hz is sent through this output to a connected powered sub.
USB Charging Port: There is a USB-A port (5V/1A) on the back of the DALI Sound Hub Compact that can be used to charge your USB-enabled electronic devices, such as your smartphone or tablet. This USB port is also used for service purposes and for firmware updates.
Note: This USB port does not support audio playback.
IR Remote: The included remote control provides wireless operation of the DALI Sound Hub Compact. Wireless remote control functions include Power On/Off, Source Select, Volume Up/Down, and Mute. The Sound Hub Compact also features a 3.5mm IR input and includes a wired IR signal receiver cable that enables it to be located out of line-of-sight of its remote control. Connecting the IR signal receiver cable disables the Sound Hub Compact's integrated IR receiver.
Auto Sensing: All inputs on the Sound Hub Compact have auto sensing and will automatically activate the Sound Hub Compact and paired speakers when a signal is detected. This will turn on the system and activate the correct input, if the system is in standby, or just activate the correct input if the system is already on. The Sound Hub Compact and the speakers will automatically power off after 30 minutes with no audio signal.
- Bluetooth, HDMI ARC, RCA In, Optical In, all activate when an audio signal is detected.
- Optical In (TV) activates when the carrier light in the optical cable is turned on.
- Auto sensing does not allow one input to override another input that has an active signal.
Note: Auto sensing will activate an input that has an audio signal if the current input is no longer receiving an audio signal. So, if your CD Player is playing music and you manually select the TV input, the CD Player input could in some situations be auto selected when you turn off your TV. To avoid this, always turn of any playback before manually selecting another input.
Mounting Options: The DALI Sound Hub Compact can be positioned on a tabletop (such as a shelf, desk, or counter). It can can be mounted to a wall using the integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws not included).