About the Nextbase DVRS2HK
For a factory look
This hardwire kit makes a "like factory" installation possible for Nextbase dash cams. Nextbase provides two fuse tap styles to make accessing power from your vehicle's fuse box a simple process. A built-in minimum voltage limiter ensures that your connected dash cam won't draw too much power from your battery and leave you stranded.
- hardwire kit for permanent installation of Nextbase dash cams
- taps provided for access to fuse box power
- LED power indicator
- minimum voltage limiter to prevent battery drainage
- 5-meter cable
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DVRS2HK
What's in the box:
- Camera power cable with 79" red power (male bullet connector) and black ground cable (spade connector) and 119" output cable (Mini-B USB plug)
- 6" Fuse tap with standard ATO/ATC 2A fuse (female bullet connector on other end)
- 6" Fuse tap with Mini ATM 2A fuse (female bullet connector on other end)
- 6" Fuse tap with Micro2 2A fuse (female bullet connector on other end)
- Ferrite core noise filter
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nextbase DVRS2HK
Overview: The Series 2 Hardwire Kit (NBDVRS2HK) is an accessory for the Nextbase Series 2 Dash Cameras. It contains the components and cable for hardwiring your dash cam into your vehicle's electrical system. Once installed, you can use your dash cam without using the 12V power socket (cigarette lighter port). Three different fuse taps (with 2 Amp fuses) are included, so you'll be able to plug into the fuse box of most vehicles. A total of 5 meters (about 16.5') of cable is included.
Compatibility: The Series 2 Hardwire Kit is compatible with all Nextbase Series 2 Dash Cams, including the 622GW, 522GW, 422GW, 322GW, 222, and 122. It can also be used with other Nextbase devices, including the 380GWX, 380GW, 300W, DuoHD, 612GW, 512GW, 412GW, 312GW, 312G, 212G, 212, 112 and Mirror.
Voltage Limiter: The Hardwire Kit includes a DC Voltage Limiter that converts your vehicle's battery power to the proper voltage for the dash cams. The Input consists of separate power (red) and ground (black) wires (79" / 2 meters) that are compatible with 12-24V car or truck installations. The power cable has a male bullet connector for plugging into the proper fuse tap, while the ground cable has a spade connector for fastening it to a chassis screw. The output is rated at 5V DC/2A and has a 10' (3 meter) cable that plugs into the dash cam via the Mini-B USB connector. The included Ferrite Core should be used on the camera cable in case noise or interference is heard on your FM radio. The Voltage Limiter is approximately 1-7/16 (W) x 1" (H) x 11/16" (D). There is a blue LED on the side of the Voltage Limiter to indicate its status:
- Solid LED: Power established and Dash Cam connected
- Flashing LED: Power established and no Dash Cam connected
- No LED: No Power established
Fuse Taps: The Hardwire Kit includes three fuse taps with 6" wires. The fuse taps plug into the vehicle's fuse box (typically located inside the dash), and should be associated with a swiched power source. The included 2A fuse protects the Dash Cam, while the original fuse from the vehicle's fuse box plugs into the available fuse location on the tap. You should select the fuse tap that matches the fuse type in your vehicle: standard ATO/ATC fuse, smaller ATM Mini fuse, or the even smaller Micro2 fuse. On the other end of the fuse tap is a female bullet connect that accepts the red power cable from the Volume Limiter.