About the Roku Streaming Stick+
Stream movies, shows, and sports on your 4K/HDR TV
The compact Roku streaming stick+ plugs into an HDMI input on your TV and delivers 4K content.
Stream movies, shows, and sports on your 4K/HDR TV
Right after our customers buy a new 4K TV, they ask us "now where do I find something to watch in 4K?" The newly designed Roku Streaming Stick+ is a good place to start. This super-compact device serves up the largest selection of 4K and HDR streaming video services, movies, and shows available in one “stick.”
Space-friendly design and easy setup
The streamlined Roku streaming stick+ plugs into your TV's HDMI port. Then it connects to your network wirelessly via Wi-Fi. You log on, type in your Wi-Fi password, and that's basically it — all the instructions are on-screen.
“Point anywhere” remote with voice search
Roku's remote communicates over Wi-Fi. That means you can store this player out of sight and still have full control. Hit the "Mic" button on the remote, and just say what show or movie you're looking for.
Do "smart TV" owners need a Roku?
While most 4K TVs have some streaming services baked in, Roku offers the most complete list of 4K options I've seen. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, and Vudu are all available in 4K. Plus there's a ridiculous amount of standard HD streaming channels – movie channels, news, kids, sports, you name it.
The Roku Streaming Stick+ also has a snappy interface, thanks to its quad-core processing. You can breeze through the menu and swiftly load up channels. If you're looking for a particular show or movie, Roku's “unbiased search” will hunt through the top channels for the cheapest way to watch. That's a handy feature for cost-conscious cord-cutters who no longer pay for cable.
My Roku experience: It's not just for cord cutters
While I've dabbled in cord-cutting, I'm currently a cable subscriber. Still, I call the Roku I bought for my bedroom TV the best bang-for-my-buck purchase I've made all year. It gives me on-demand shows from my cable channels like FX, HBO, AMC, and more. So I can watch Fargo or Better Call Saul on my own time — without having to rent another cable box.
Remote app with personal listening mode
Roku's free mobile app lets you operate the player using your Apple® or Android™ device. Choose what you want to watch and control video playback from your phone. You can also connect headphones and hear TV sound.
- plays streaming video and music services to your TV and home audio setup
- plugs into an HDMI input on your TV
- compact, portable design fits neatly behind wall-mounted TVs
- full 4K video resolution for use with Ultra HD TVs
- 4K video upscaling for 1080p and 720p content
- supports lower resolutions when used with non-4K TVs
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) for extended picture contrast and brightness on compatible TVs
- supports HDR10 format
- built-in 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi for fast video streaming and loading
- HEVC for watching streamed 4K content from sources like Netflix and Amazon Instant Video (requires internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- "point-anywhere" remote lets you store player out of sight
- operates player via Wi-Fi direct
- free downloadable Roku app (available from the App Store and Google Play) lets you control the player using your smart device
- search and choose video channels and control playback
- connect headphones to your phone and listen to TV audio without disturbing others
- built-in IR receiver for use with universal remote
Streaming Video and Music Channels (some subscriptions or purchases required):
- 4K/ UHD video channels like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, and Smithsonian Earth
- Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and Fandango Now available with HDR
- Disney+ and AppleTV+ both now available
- Spotify®, Pandora®, and other streaming music services
- YouTube, PBS, CW, ABC, and other free video channels
- HBO Max, Paramount+ (formally CBS All Access), SHOWTIME, STARZ, FXNOW, AMC, and other movie/TV channels
- Disney Now, Nick Jr, PBS KIDS and other children's programming
- ESPN+, DAZN, B/R Live, NBC Sports, FOX Sports GO, and other sports channels
- MLB, NBA, WWE Network, UFCTV, and NHL streaming channels
- live streaming cable TV alternatives:
- Playstation Vue
- DIRECTV Now
- YouTube TV
Connections and General Info:
- 1 HDMI 2.0a output
- connected 4K TV and/or receiver must have an HDCP 2.2-compatible HDMI input
- Apple AirPlay® 2 to stream music, videos, and photos from iOS device (firmware update required)
- quad-core processor for fast, smooth video streaming
- Dolby® and DTS® sound pass-through
- "unbiased search" finds free or lowest-cost movies and TV shows across the top streaming channels
- Roku's Hotel & Dorm Connect feature makes it easier to use on the go
- included USB cable connects to TV's USB port or included AC adapter for power
- 1/2"W x 3-7/8"H x 15/16"D
- weight: 0.9 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed internet connection
- MFR # 3810R
What's in the box:
- Streaming stick w/ HDMI connector
- USB-AC power supply
- 15" microUSB-to-USB cable
- 4' USB extension cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Information
Roku Streaming Stick+ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Roku Streaming Stick+
Roku Streaming Stick+: The Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810R) is a wireless network audio/video streaming device which gives you access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes across 4,500+ paid or free channels. Setting up the Roku Streaming Stick+ requires a broadband internet connection, a wireless router, AC or USB power, and a HDTV, Ultra-HD, or 4K/HDR TV with an available HDMI input. There are no monthly equipment rental fees for owning the Roku device. You can rent, buy, subscribe or watch popular movies & TV shows, as well as tune into free channels.
- The Roku Streaming Stick+ can be used in combination with your cable subscription. You can use your cable subscription to stream what you love on-demand through apps like HBO GO, Showtime Anytime, WatchESPN, and more.
- You can also use the Roku Streaming Stick+ as an alternate to cable. Choose from a wide selection of free services, pay-as-you-go with monthly subscriptions to Netflix and Hulu; or rent movies and shows from Amazon Video, Google Play, and more. Roku also offers live news, and popular cable-replacement packages like Sling TV with live and on-demand programming from ESPN, HGTV, and dozens more channels.
Note: You will need to setup a Roku account to activate the wireless network streaming player and access entertainment across thousands of streaming channels. Adding a payment method to your account lets you easily rent/buy movies on demand or subscribe to popular services like Netflix, Amazon, etc..
Built-in Quad-Core Processor & Dual Band WiFi: The Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810R) is equipped with a fast quad-core processor and built-in 802.11n MIMO dual-band WiFi (2.4/5GHz) for responsive navigation, quick channel launching, and ultra-smooth streaming. The Roku Streaming Stick+ must be wirelessly connected to your home network and the internet via WiFi.
- Roku streaming devices perform well with most home broadband services (DSL or cable internet). Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for details about the available services in your area.
- Using a mobile hotspot is not recommended, considering they are generally not as reliable as home broadband.
HDMI 2.0a Output: The Roku Stick+ (3810R) is equipped with a male HDMI 2.0a connector that plugs into a free HDMI input on your TV. This HDMI output supports for 720p HD, 1080p Full HD, 4K Ultra HD (UHD), & 4K HDR video resolution. The HDMI connector cannot be set to output 480i, 480p, or 1080i. The HDMI 2.0a output also supports 2 to 5.1ch audio transmission, including support for Dolby Digital & DTS.
- Ultra-HD 4K Compatible: The term "4K" (also known as 4K Ultra High Definition, 4K Ultra HD, or just 4K UHD) refers to the resolution of the TV, which is a measure of how much detail you can see on the screen. A traditional 1080p high definition TV has 1,920 vertical columns and 1,080 horizontal rows of pixels, while a 4K Ultra HD TV has a total resolution of 3,840 pixels by 2,160. With 4x the resolution of 1080p HD displays, 4K offers improvement in picture clarity over existing HD resolutions.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video: The Roku Stick+ (3810R) supports HDR 10. HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a technology that helps to expand the range of brightness, contrast, and color significantly. Bright parts of the image can get much brighter with better color accuracy, while dark parts of the image can get much darker improving the contrast. Overall, the image is more natural looking with a greater sense of depth.
Notes: Requirements for Ultra-HD 4K & HDR.
- A compatible 4K HDR TV with an available HDMI 2.0 input that supports HDCP 2.2 (HDCP 2.2 is a copy and content protection standard for 4K Ultra HD content).
- A steady wireless internet connection with enough bandwidth to stream 4K (up to 25 Mbps might be needed).
- A streaming service like Netflix, Amazon Video, Vudu, or YouTube with a plan that supports streaming of 4K Ultra HD and/or HDR content. Not all content available from a streaming service that supports 4K HDR will appear in 4K HDR. Look for movies or TV shows that are marked with an HDR logo. 4K and HDR content is not available on all channels and may require additional fees.
- Premium high speed HDMI cable (not needed when connecting a Roku Streaming Stick+ directly to compatible TV).
Entertainment Apps: The Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810R) lets you wirelessly stream blockbuster movies, TV shows, live TV, popular broadcast networks, niche channels. TV shows, live sports, news, and music. You have access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes across 4,500+ paid or free channels, including Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, Pandora, PBS Kids, and more.
- 4K/HDR Content: Access 4K and HDR content from Netflix, Amazon Video, Vudu, YouTube, FandangoNow, and more. There is also a 4K Spotlight channel that is installed. In addition to a list of channels that offer 4K content, the 4K Spotlight channel presents 4K movies and TV shows across multiple channels in different categories.
- More Movies & TV Shows: Enjoy movies & TV shows from Hulu, Google Play Movies & TV, HBO GO/HBO NOW, Starz, ShowTime, and more. You can even watch live TV with Sling TV.
- Broadcast Networks: Catch up on your favorite programs from CBS All Access, ABC, NBC, The CW, PBS, FXNOW, FOX Now, A&E, AMC, History Channel, Lifetime, USA, HGTV, Travel Channel, and more
- Internet Radio & Music: Listen to internet radio & online music through TuneIn, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, and more.
- Kids & Family: Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Nick Jr, Nickelodeon, PBS Kids, and more.
- News & Weather: Get news updates from ABC News, CBS News, Fox News, NBC News, AOL On News, and more. Plus, get weather forecasts from The Weather Network and more.
- Sports & Fitness: Enjoy games, watch highlights, and catch up on scores through WatchESPN, MLB.TV, NBC Sports, NBA, NFL, Fox Sports GO, NHL, and more. Also get workouts from Daily Burn, Beachbody On Demand, All Fitness TV, and more.
- Click here for a list of all available content from Roku.
- Many of Roku's free channels are ad-supported, while other paid apps (like Netflix & Amazon Video) are commercial free.
RF Remote: The Roku Streaming Stick+ includes an RF remote for wireless operation of the network audio/video streamer. Because the remote is RF (and not IR), you can point it anywhere and still control the TV; you don't have to aim it at the television. The remote offers push-button operation and a built-in microphone for voice control. The remote is powered by two "AAA" batteries (included).
- Voice Control: The remote features a built-in microphone which allows you to use your voice to control the Roku Streaming Stick+. Simply press the "Mic" button and speak naturally into the built-in microphone using conversational phrases to find your favorite TV shows and movies from online providers and broadcast stations.
- Shortcut Buttons: The remote also offers shortcut buttons for immediate access to popular entertainment apps.
Roku Mobile App: Get the free Roku Mobile app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ & Android OS 4.0.1+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into fully functional remote control for the Roku Streaming Stick+ media streamer. To use the Roku mobile app, you must connect your Apple iOS or Android device to the same wireless network as the Roku player. The following features are available on the Roku Mobile app.
- Launch Apps & Follow Favorites: You'll be able to launch your favorite channels directly from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even follow your favorite movies, shows, and actors/directors using the "My Feed" feature of the Roku Mobile app.
- Voice & Touchscreen Control: Using the app and mic of your compatible mobile device, you can even use your voice to search for movies, TV shows, actors, and directors. You can also use your mobile device's touchscreen keyboard to enter text on your Roku device.
- Private Listening Mode: Using the Private Listening mode, you'll be able to listen to audio from streaming movies or shows through a set of headphones connected to your Apple iOS or Android device. When Private Listening mode is active, you will not hear audio from your TV speakers.
- Device-to-TV Casting: You can cast your personal stored videos (MP4/MOV), photos (JPG/PNG), and music (MP3/M4A) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to the Roku Streaming Stick+ and your connected TV using the Roku Mobile app. Only video and photos taken with your mobile device are supported.
Content Search & Recommendations: You can search across the top 100 channels to find where movies and shows are available for free, or see unbiased results ranked by price across top channels. Search by title, actor, or director using the included IR remote & on-screen menu or the Roku Mobile app for Apple iOS & Android OS. You'll also get weekly recommendations of the latest and greatest channels, movies, TV shows, games, and more.
Intuitive On-Screen Menu: The Roku Streaming Stick+ offers an intuitive on-screen menu which is displayed on your HDMI connected TV. The on-screen menu is easily navigated using the included IR remote control.
Power Requirements: The Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810R) can be powered via a USB port on your TV using the included 15" microUSB-to-USB cable and 4' USB extension cable or via an AC power outlet using the included USB-AC power adapter, the 15" microUSB-to-USB cable, and 4' USB extension cable. Less than 3W (typical) when streaming video.
39 questions already asked