About the Roku Ultra 4802R
4K streaming options galore
4K streaming options galore
If you have a TV without any built-in streaming apps or want to improve and expand on your available options, Roku's Ultra 4802R is a great choice. It offers a massive selection of 4K and HDR content, and you can pick and choose the channels you want, so you don't pay for ones you never watch.
Its powerful quad-core processor and ultra-fast Wi-Fi ensure your movies, shows, and sports launch quickly and stream smoothly. HDR content will sparkle thanks to support for all the major formats, including Dolby Vision. This Roku can also pass Dolby Atmos sound to a compatible sound bar or home theater receiver for a complete cinematic experience.
Share music and more
The Ultra 4802R makes it easy to share media. For iOS® devices, use Apple AirPlay 2 to stream music, videos, and photos. Screen mirroring is also supported for Android™ devices.
If you have music, movie, and image files on a thumb drive, you can use Roku's USB port to play to them. Bluetooth offers a quick and easy way to play audio from the apps on your paired smartphone.
Roku's best remote
The rechargeable Voice Remote Pro makes it easy to find your favorite shows and movies thanks to hands-free voice commands and personal shortcut buttons. It also offers a connection for the included earbuds or another pair of wired headphones, great for late night viewing.
Lose the remote? Not a problem, just say, "Hey Roku, where's my remote?" If your remote can't hear you, use the mobile app or the lost remote finder button on the side of the Roku to trigger a sound that will help you locate it.
- plays streaming video and music services to your TV and home audio setup
- connect the included wired earbuds to the remote to listen privately
- wireless headphones (sold separately) can be paired via the mobile app
- quad-core processor for fast, smooth video streaming
- full 4K video resolution for use with Ultra HD TVs
- 4K video upscaling for 1080p and 720p content
- supports lower resolutions when used with non-4K TVs
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) for extended picture contrast and brightness on compatible TVs
- supports HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and Dolby Vision formats
- Dolby® and DTS® sound pass-through
- supports Dolby Atmos (connected Dolby Atmos-enabled sound bar or receiver may require software update)
- Apple AirPlay 2 to stream music, videos, and photos from iOS device
Streaming channels (some subscriptions or purchases required):
- 4K UHD video channels like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV+, HBO Max, and Vudu
- Peacock, Paramount+ (formally CBS All Access), SHOWTIME, STARZ, Telemundo, AMC+, and other movie/TV channels
- YouTube, Tubi, PBS, CW, ABC, and other free video channels
- Disney Now, Nick Jr, Noggin, PBS KIDS and other children's programming
- ESPN, DAZN, NBC Sports, FOX Sports, and other sports channels
- MLB, NBA, and NHL streaming channels
- live streaming cable TV alternatives: Hulu+ Live TV and YouTube TV
- Spotify®, Pandora®, TuneIn, and other streaming music services
Roku Voice Remote Pro:
- find your remote with "Hey Roku, where's my remote?" or the Roku mobile app
- hands-free and push-to-talk voice controls
- TV voice control requires CEC compatibility
- program personal shortcuts for your favorite channels
- headphone jack for private listening with included earbuds or other wired headphones
- rechargeable battery with micro-USB port
- works with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant (app required)
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI 2.0b output
- connected 4K TV and/or receiver must have an HDCP 2.2-compatible HDMI input
- built-in 802.11ac dual-band MIMO Wi-Fi for fast video streaming and extended wireless range
- HEVC for watching streamed 4K content (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps)
- USB 3.0 port to play music, movies, and images from thumb drives
- requires AC power (power cord included)
- Ethernet port for wired internet connectivity
- 4-15/16"W x 1"H x 4-15/16"D
- weight: 6.4 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires high-speed internet connection
- MFR # 4802R
What's in the box:
Roku Ultra 4802R owner's manual
- Network audio/video streaming player
- Rechargeable wireless remote control (RC-MC1)
- AC adapter with attached DC output cord (DC output: 12V 1.5A)
- 58" HDMI cable
- 59" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- In-ear headphones with attached 49" cable (3.5mm straight plug)
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Product Information
Roku Ultra 4802R reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Roku Ultra 4802R
Overview: Roku Ultra (Model 4802X) is a wireless network audio and video streaming device that provides access to thousands of movies and TV shows on free and paid channels in up to 4K Ultra High Definition. It operates on high-speed internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, and connects to your TV via HDMI. Roku Ultra does not require monthly equipment fees. An active Roku account gives you access to multiple free and subscription steaming platforms, including Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, appleTV+, The Roku Channel, and many others. The Roku Ultra device comes with a rechargeable voice remote, HDMI and USB cables, in-ear headphones, and a power supply. Dimensions: 4-15/16" (W) x 1" (H) x 4-15/16"; Weight: 6.4 ounces.
Network Connection: Roku Ultra requires a high-speed internet via a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection. If connecting to a 10/100 Base-T Wired LAN, simply plug the streaming device to your router via an Ethernet cable. You can also connect wirelessly to your home Wi-Fi network. Ultra's "Our Best Wi-Fi" is compatible with 802.11ac dual-band (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) MIMO Wi-Fi with extended range. The internet connection requires a minimum 5 Mbps download speed for HD streaming and a minimum 25 Mbps for 4K.
Quad Core Processor: Roku Ultra is equipped with a quad-core processor which provides a fast interface for fast startup and switching between channels.
HDMI Output: Roku Ultra has an HDMI 2.0b HDMI port that can output 4K UHD video up to 2160p at 60 fps, and Full HD signals up to 1080p. It can also upscale from 720p and 1080p to 4K, and from 720p to 1080p. Ultra supports Dolby Vision at 60fps, HDR10/HDR10+, and HLG to 4K HDR compatible TVs (must support HDCP 2.2). A premium High Speed HDMI cable is included. Roku Ultra also outputs digital stereo audio over the HDMI connection with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, and DTS Digital Surround pass through.
USB Port: The rear panel USB 3.0 (Type A) port can be used to charge the Voice Remote Pro using the supplied Micro USB cable. The port can also be used to play back audio, video, and photo files loaded onto a USB drive. Supported formats include:
- Video: H.264/AVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); H.265/HEVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); VP9.2 (.MKV); AVI (.MP4, .MKV)
- Audio: AAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); MP3 (.MP3, .MKV); WMA (.ASF, .WMA, .MKV); FLAC (.FLAC, .MKV); PCM (.WAV, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV); AC3/EAC3 (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .AC3); DTS (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); ALAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .M4A); HEAAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .AAC); AC-4 with Atmos (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .AC4 ); DD+ (EAC3) with Atmos (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV)
- Image: JPG, PNG, GIF (non-animated)
Voice Assistant Compatibility: Roku Ultra is one of the few streaming players that works with the most popular voice assistants. You can use your voice to control your Roku streaming device through the following platforms:
- Amazon Alexa: With an Alexa-enabled device, such as Amazon Echo, Echo Show, Echo Dot, and others, you can control your Roku Ultra, search for entertainment, and control playback. The Amazon Alexa app should be downloaded to your Android or iOS device.
- Hey Google: You can use your voice to turn on/off, adjust volume, and control playback through a Google Assistant-enabled device, such as a Google Home, Home Mini, or Home Max device. Your iOS or Androic smartphone or tablet should be loaded with the Google Home app.
- Apple HomeKit (Siri) and AirPlay2: You can use Siri and the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to control your Roku Ultra. Apple AirPlay lets you stream, control, and share content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the Roku Ultra. This includes watching movies, TV shows, and family videos, listening to your favorite music, or enjoying photos from your phone. AirPlay also lets you mirror the screen on your Apple device on your TV. Roku Ultra is compatible with AirPlay and AirPlay2.
Voice Remote Pro: Included with Roku Ultra is the Voice Remote Pro (Model RC-MC1) for controlling the streaming device, as well as power and volume for most TVs. In addition to the basic playback buttons (Power, Volume, Mute, Play/Pause, Skip Forward/Back), the Voice Remote Pro has the following features:
- Channel Shortcuts: Four dedicated buttons on the remote let you launch Netflix, Disney+, AppleTV+, or Paramount+. You can also program shortcuts of your favorite channels or playlists, and save them to the two Personal Shortcuts buttons.
- Hands-free Voice Commands: You can control the unit using your voice. Pressing and holding the voice button on the remote (microphone symbol), you can give a voice command to the Roku Ultra. Turning on the Hands-free Voice switch on the side of the remote lets you give a voice command without pressing a button--just say "Hey Roku!" before giving the command. Voice Commands allow you to: Turn on/off the Roku Ultra device, and/or your TV, and control the volume; Launch your favorite streaming service or your favorite channels; Ask Roku to search for certain genres of programs (news, comedies, sports, etc).
- Private Listening: The remote's 3.5mm headphone jack lets you listen privately without disturbing others. You can plug in the included in-ear headphones or your favorite headphones right into the remote.
- Lost Remote Finder: If your remote is misplaced, you can use the Lost Remote Finder feature to locate it. The streaming device has a dedicated remote finder button, or you can simply say "Hey, Roku, where's my remote?", and the remote will emit a sound to help you locate it.
- Rechargeable Battery: The remote is powered by a 1000mAh rechargeable battery that can be recharged via USB power through the USB port on the back of the streaming device or a separate USB charging port.
Roku Mobile App: The Roku® mobile app can enhance your Roku viewing and listening experience. With the app, you can turn your smartphone or tablet into a convenient remote for searching for entertainment. You can stream free movies and live TV on The Roku Channel. Your device's keyboard makes it easier to quickly search for entertainment or enter text. You can also search for programming using your voice. Videos and photos stored on your phone can easily be cast to your TV through the app. While watching programs on your Roku device, you can listen privately through your smartphone. Your phone or tablet must be connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device to use certain features of the app. The Roku app is compatible with Apple iPhone and iPad, and requires iOS 11.0 or later. It also works with Android devices, and the version of Android OS varies with the device.
The Roku Ultra 4802R replaces these items
- plays streaming video and music services to your TV and home audio setup
- full 4K video resolution and HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- includes a pair JBL earbuds for personal TV listening
Very good product but was difficult to connect with my eero mesh network. Got some great help from Crutchfield and switched to ethernet connection with WiFi and the problem was solved.
Dennis from Ocean Park, WA