About the Rotel A14 MKII
A sleek, solid integrated amplifier
The large custom-built toroidal transformer inside the Rotel A14 MkII provides 80 watts per channel of clean power.
A sleek, solid integrated amplifier
The Rotel A14 MkII is an upgrade over the extremely popular original A14, if you can believe it. First, let's make note of the great stuff that hasn't changed: it still provides 80 watts of clean power to drive one or two pairs of speakers — thanks to a custom-designed toroidal power transformer — and a front-panel layout that's easy to understand and operate. The solid array of analog and digital inputs and built-in Bluetooth for music streaming are still here, too.
Now for the changes. The MkII features a premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz DAC that converts incoming digital signals to analog with precision and clarity. And it can now decode audiophile-quality MQA and MQA Studio files. Improvements to the power supply and amplifier gain stages further refine this model's already remarkable performance.
The A14 features five analog RCA inputs on the back panel, including a phono stage for connecting a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge. Digital sources are well-served, too: there are dual optical and coaxial inputs, plus a USB Type-B for connecting a PC (Note: On the MkII, this port is not compatible with DSD files). A USB Type-A port on fhe front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®.
And there are a wealth of control options, including an IR input, RS-232 port, and dual 12-volt trigger outputs. A proprietary 3.5mm Rotel Link input/output allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app for iPhone®. An Ethernet port lets you connect the amplifier to your home network for software updates and integration with third-party control systems.
Rotel has been crafting high-performance gear for music and home theater enthusiasts since 1961. They focus on creating the best signal path possible, using premium capacitors, transistors, diode bridges, and custom toroidal power supplies to get the most from music and movie soundtracks. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of Rotel components including preamps, amplifiers, CD players, and home theater processors.
- 80 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.018% THD
- Class AB amplification with custom-designed toroidal transformer
- premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz digital to analog converter
- built-in Bluetooth® with high-quality aptX audio coding
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz (line inputs, ±0.5dB); 20-20,000 Hz (phono input, ±0.5dB); 10-90,000 Hz (digital inputs, ±2dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB (line); 90 dB (phono); 103 dB (digital)
- support for MQA and MQA Studio files
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- detachable power cord
- remote control
- 5 unbalanced RCA inputs
- dedicated phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- 2 optical digital inputs and 2 coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- USB Type-B input for connecting a computer (up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution)
- USB Type-A port on front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- USB Type-A port on rear panel for device charging only
- Rotel Link input/output
- allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app for Apple iPhone
- 3.5mm IR input
- dual 3.5mm 12-volt trigger outputs
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- Ethernet port connects the amp to your home network for software updates and integration with 3rd-party control systems
- RCA preamp output
- front panel 3.5mm headphone output
- A/B speaker outputs with binding posts
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17"W x 3-5/8"H x 13-1/2"D
- weight: 19.7 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ROT1015011
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rotel A14 MKII
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||80|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|Total Analog Inputs||4|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|Preamp Outputs||Stereo RCA|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|