About the Rotel RAP-1580MKII
Rotel's home theater masterpiece
Rotel's home theater masterpiece
Rotel has a penchant for creating high-performance components that are simple to operate. An excellent example is the RAP-1580MKII amplified home theater processor. This elite unit delivers lifelike picture and sound, thanks in part to ultra-clean amplification, a beefy custom-built toroidal power supply, and intuitive controls.
The heart of the RAP-1580MKII is a massive custom-built toroidal power supply.
Everything you need, and nothing you don't
Conventional home theater receivers often sport a roster of features that may not be directly relevant for a home theater setup, like multi-zone distribution, or an AM/FM tuner.
The RAP-1580MKII is not a receiver in the traditional sense, since it doesn't have a built-in tuner. It's what Rotel calls a "surround amplified processor," a specialized design engineered to deliver reference-quality sound in one zone from a single chassis.
Want to expand? Consider Rotel's matching power amps
The RAP-1580MKII will power up to seven speakers at the same time, including side and rear surround channels.
If you want to expand — say to a 7.1.4-channel Dolby Atmos system — you can feed the overhead effects information to your choice of external power amps using unbalanced (RCA) cables.
Rotel's lineup of premium power amps is a particularly good match with the RAP-1580MKII, and that's the direction I'd go if I was building a high-performance Rotel system.
Advanced room calibration with Dirac Live®
The RAP-1580MKII uses Dirac Live's highly acclaimed audio calibration system — one of the industry's best room correction platforms. It measures the acoustics of your room with the included microphone, and then fine-tunes the output of your system to best match the unique sonic characteristics of your space.
Note: You'll need to install the Dirac Live software on your Mac® or PC prior to calibration. The included LE (limited edition) license provides corrections for the most critical frequency range (20-500 Hz).
An optional Dirac Live upgrade can be purchased for full-frequency correction (20-20,000 Hz), plus improved dialogue and musical imaging.
Who is Rotel?
Rotel has been crafting high-performance gear for music and home theater enthusiasts since 1961. They focus on creating the best signal path possible, using premium capacitors, transistors, diode bridges, and custom toroidal power supplies to get the most from music and movie soundtracks. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of Rotel components including preamps, amplifiers, CD players, and home theater processors.
Power and processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 135 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- 200 watts per channel into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- supports a 7.1.4-channel Atmos setup with optional external power amplifiers
- Dirac Live® advanced speaker calibration system helps fine-tune your system to best match your room's acoustics
- requires installation of Dirac Live software on a Mac or PC prior to calibration
- included LE (limited edition) license provides corrections for the most critical frequency range (20-500 Hz)
- optional Dirac Live upgrade can be purchased for full-frequency correction (20-20,000 Hz), plus improved dialogue and musical imaging
- custom-built toroidal power supply ensures low-noise, high-performance picture and sound
- large front-panel display gives you easy-to-read status updates at a glance
- six audiophile-grade 24-bit/192kHz Wolfson DACs (digital to analog converters)
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 8 in, 2 out, including 1 front-panel input
- 3 inputs and 2 outputs support HDCP 2.2 technology for compatibility with Ultra HD sources and TVs, including 4K/60Hz video
- these HDMI connections are HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Audio Return Channel (ARC) function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner or "smart" content via HDMI
- digital audio inputs: 3 Toslink optical, 3 coaxial
- 3 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- 1 stereo balanced XLR input
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- rear-panel Type-B USB input for high-resolution music playback from a computer (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 11.2-channel RCA preamp outputs
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Center Back L/R)
- built-in Bluetooth with aptX™ for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- USB Type-A port on front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- Ethernet port connects the amp to your home network for software updates and integration with 3rd-party control systems
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
Warranty and other info:
- rack mounting ears included
- 17"W x 7-9/16"H x 18-1/2"D
- weight: 50.3 lbs.
- no built-in AM/FM tuner
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ROT1050008
What's in the box:
- 7.2Ch AV receiver
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RR-CX100)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Auto calibration microphone
- 6.5' USB-C to USB-A cable
- 5' USB-B to USB-A cable
- 57" Ethernet cable
- 40" Mono-minijack cable
- 2 Rack-mount ears
- 4 Pan-head screws
- 4 Counter-sunk screws
- Owner's manual on CD-ROM
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Instructions
Rotel RAP-1580MKII reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rotel RAP-1580MKII
Features & specs
7 Channel Class AB Amplifier: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII's amplifier section is built upon a powerful Class AB design driving all 7 channels simultaneously at 100 watts per channel into 8 ohm speakers loads, anchored by a massive Rotel factory-made toroidal transformer. The Class AB amplifier is driven by a massive Rotel manufactured toroidal transformer with exceptional energy and control. The RAP-1580MKII can power a 7.1 channel speaker setup. It can also process and decode up to a 7.1.4ch speaker setup, but will need the help of an external amplifier(s) to power the overhead Height speakers for Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
- All 7 Channels Driven Power Rating:
- 8-Ohm: 100 watts @ 20-20kHz with 0.05% THD
- 4-Ohm: 140 watts @ 1kHz with 0.05% THD
- Only 2 Channels Driven Power Rating:
- 8-Ohm: 135 watts @ 1kHz with 0.05% THD
- 4-Ohm: 200 watts @ 1kHz with 0.05% THD
- The RAP-1580MKII 's power output is rated at 100 watts per channel with all channels driven. Rotel has chosen to specify the power output in this way because, in Rotel's experience, it gives the truest value of the receiver or amplifier's power capability.
- When comparing specifications for different amplifiers, you should be aware that power output is often specified in other ways, so you may not be comparing "apples-to-apples". For example, the power output may be quoted with only one channel or two channels driven (not all channels), giving a higher maximum figure.
- Be aware that the RAP-1580MKII is capable of high power levels, in excess of 100 watts respectively per channel. Make sure that your speakers can handle the power of the amplifier. If in doubt about your speakers, ask your Crutchfield advisor.
Balanced Design Concept: Balanced Design Concept is the essential Rotel design philosophy that revolves around three major areas - Parts selection, circuit topology, and critical evaluation. These aspects influence final sound quality significantly and illustrate the holistic Balanced Design Concept approach to Rotel's product development. Thanks to the Balanced Design Concept, Rotel components easily exceed the performance of many mass produced audio products that offer plenty of features but skimp on audio quality, and compare favorably to components that are many times the price. Rotel continues its pursuit of extraordinary audio performance, which elevates the home entertainment experience through their core values of sonic accuracy, reliability, and affordability.
- Parts Selection: Rotel engineers select premium capacitors which provide better performance across both power and frequency spectrums to produce a more accurate and musical reproduction of the audio signal. High quality power supply capacitors provide a more efficient transfer of energy with fast charging and discharge time to ensure the circuits have the reserve power when needed. At each stage of development, Rotel engineers listen to circuit prototypes and revise the design when they feel they can gain a sonic advantage by using a particular component from another manufacturer or by specifying tighter tolerances. Since Rotel is an independent manufacturer, they are free to source parts from highly respected suppliers around the world to fit their requirements.
- Circuit Topology: It’s not enough to simply use good parts. Where you put them is equally if not more important. That's why Rotel keeps their circuit paths as short as possible, so there's less chance that spurious emissions and unwanted leakages will corrupt delicate signal nuances. That's also why Rotel often uses more expensive "on-board" relay source switching, rather than routing a signal from a rear-panel input to a front-panel control. Rotel also relies heavily on something called Symmetrical Signal Trace design. This keeps each channel's signal path identical to the others to preserve the imaging and soundstage. Rotel also uses electrically superior "star" grounding techniques to improve performance because star grounding routes all ground connections to a single point to reduce potential loops that might introduce noise or produce hum. Further, Rotel's Class A/B amplifiers don’t use output inductors because they decrease control and, consequently, sound quality.
- Critical Evaluation: Rotel's development team places a lot of importance on critical listening sessions before the final product is sent to market. Rotel electronic and acoustic engineers, both in the UK and Asia, have honed their aural acuity over the course of decades of collective experience to evaluate each stage of product development from working samples, through pre-production and, finally, to verify that final production is the same as the pre-production units. Some sessions evaluate different circuit elements: capacitors, resistors, and active devices such as transistors or operational amplifiers. Others focus on differences in circuit layouts or differences caused by power supply elements. Only after this tuning process is complete with sonic performance confirmed will the product be launched to the market.
Symmetrical Circuit Traces: The RAP-1580MKII AV receiver's printed circuit boards (PCB) are designed with Symmetrical Circuit Traces. This ensures that the precise timing of the music is maintained and faithfully recreated. The circuitry uses metal film resistors and polystyrene or polypropylene capacitors in important signal paths. All aspects of this design have been examined to ensure the most faithful music reproduction.
Custom Designed Toroidal Transformer: The AV receiver has a highly regulated power supply incorporating Rotel's custom-designed toroidal power transformer. This low impedance power supply has ample power reserves, which enables the amplifier to easily reproduce the most demanding audio signals. Rotel manufactures its own toroidal transformers in-house to high tolerances using raw materials selected from proven, trusted suppliers. The result is a rugged power supply that won't easily distort the music under dynamic conditions.
High Quality DSP & DACs: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII's audio processing is done via a state-of-the-art Texas Instruments (TI) quad-core DSP, supporting Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (up to 7.1.4 channels). Complimenting the quad-core DSP is an array of six audiophile-grade Wolfson 24-bit/192kHz DACs performing the digital-to-analog conversion for exception sound. These low noise, audiophile quality DACs are supported with premium-grade audio components in circuits tuned by Rotel's acoustic engineering team in the U.K.
Dirac Live Room Correction: The RAP-1580MKII supports Dirac Live room correction and includes a measurement microphone. You'll need to download the Dirac Live room correction software program on your Windows PC (10-up) or MAC (10.14-up) and plug-in the included microphone to a free USB socket on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Dirac Live is a state-of-the-art digital room correction technology that employs a sophisticated analysis of your speakers and listening room to optimize speaker performance and remove sound colorations introduced by the room. The result is substantially improved musical staging, clarity, and voice intelligibility.
- You can save up to 6 unique Dirac Live filters. Each filter can have it's own name and settings allowing for different listening modes. Filters can be assigned to individual source inputs within the processor's on-screen menu.
Note: Dirac Live calculates corrections for frequencies between 500Hz to 20kHz. You have the option to upgrade to Dirac Live Full (for $99), unlocking the ability to calculate corrections for the full frequency range of 20Hz-20kHz for better bass reproduction from your speaker system.
Immersive 3D Surround: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII high-performance AV receiver decodes many multichannel audio formats (including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS-HDMA) with vivid resolution, immersive feeling, and exceptional clarity keeping true to Rotel's audio brand heritage. It also supports post-decoding formats such as Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X, so you enjoy immersive sound regardless of content or speaker layout. The RAP-1580MKII can support a 5.1.2ch, 5.1.4ch, 7.1.2ch, or 7.1.4ch speaker setup with the help of an external amplifier(s) powering the overhead Height channels speakers.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the RAP-1580MKII that lets you configure a Dolby Atmos speaker system for the ultimate home theater experience. Along with Dolby Atmos decoding, the RAP-1580MKII features Dolby TrueHD decoding and other Dolby Digital audio technologies.
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS:X: DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the RAP-1580MKII features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
- DTS Neural:X: DTS Neural:X is an advanced spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. DTS Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- Even thoug the RAP-1580MKII has the ability to decode up to a 7.1.4ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X audio signal, it's built-in amplifier cannot be congfigured to power the overhead Height speaker channels of a Dolby Atmos or DTS:X movie soundtrack. A separate amplifier is required to power the overhead Height speakers in a 5.1.2ch, 5.1.4ch, 7.1.2ch, or 7.1.4ch setup.
- Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS-HDMA are only supported via HDMI connectivity.
Analog Bypass: In Analog Bypass mode, the analog stereo signal is routed directly to the volume control and the preamp outputs. This mode is pure 2-channel stereo, bypassing all of the processor's digital circuitry. None of the bass management features, speaker level settings, EQ settings, Dirac filters, or delay settings are active. A full-range signal is sent directly to only the front left and right channel preouts. There is also no subwoofer output available in this mode.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): ARC (Audio Return Channel) allows the receiver's main HDMI output audio signal to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Note: The RAP-1580MKII does not support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel).
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Rotel RPA-1580MKII is outfitted with a variety of analog & digital audio inputs; including unbalanced & balanced analog inputs, a Phono MM input, and a 7.1ch input, as well as optical & coaxial digital audio inputs.
- Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The RAP-1580MKII is equipped with a total of six digital audio inputs; including three optical (toslink) digital inputs and three coaxial (RCA) digital inputs. The optical and coaxial digital inputs support 5.1ch Dolby Digital & DTS multichannel audio formats up to 24-bit/192kHz. The optical & coaxial digital inputs do not support Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, or DTS-HDMA.
- Unbalanced & Balance Analog Inputs: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII AV receiver is outfitted with balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. There is one balanced XLR input and three unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. Balanced XLR connections guard against induced noise and allow long cable runs without compromising sound quality.
- MM Phono Input: In addition to the three unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, there is one Phono input which supports the connection of a turntable with a MM (moving magnet) cartridge. There is also a ground terminal for the Phono input to prevent hum and noise.
- 7.1 Channel Input: The RAP-1580MKII features a 7.1 Channel input (Front L/R Center, Surround L/R, Surround Surround Back Left/Right, and Sub) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multichannel player, or other component that has a multichannel analog outputs. These inputs bypass all digital processing of the RAP-1580MKII and are routed directly to the volume control and outputs.
Binding Post Speaker Terminal Outputs: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII AV receiver is outfitted with binding post terminals for the Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, and Surround Back L/R speaker outputs. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). The power amp will support 4 to 8 ohm speakers.
14-Channel Preouts: A group of 14 RCA analog audio outputs can be used to an audio signal to external power amplifiers and powered subwoofers. The fourteen RCA preouts provide connection for Front L/R, Center (1-2), Surround L/R, Height 1 L/R, Height 2 L/R, and Subwoofer (1-2). The two subwoofer preouts are parallel and provide the same audio signal. The two center preouts are also parallel and produce the same audio signal.
Note: The Heigth preouts must be used in 5.1.2ch, 5.1.4ch, 7.1.2ch, or 7.1.4ch speaker system to power the overhead speakers in Dolby Atmos or DTS:X setup. The RAP-1580MKII's amplifier cannot be configured to power the overhead Height speakers.
HDMI 2.0b: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII AV receiver is outfitted with eight HDMI 2.0b inputs (7 rear / 1 front) and two HDMI 2.0b outputs. The HDMI inputs and output meet HDMI 2.0b specification with support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, along with support for 3D content. The RAP-1580MKII is HDCP 2.2 compliant; a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K Pass-Through: All HDMI inputs and outputs support up to 4K/60Hz; as well as 1080p/24Hz, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i video resolutions. The HDMI inputs and outputs are pass-through only and do not support up-conversion.
- HDCP 2:2: All of the RAP-1580MKII 's HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- Supported HDR Formats: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- Non-Supported HDR Formats: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII AV receiver does not support HDR10+, HLG or Dolby Vision.
Dual HDMI 2.0b Outputs: The two HDMI 2.0b outputs are parallel and distribute the same audio/video signal from a HDMI input (1-7) of the AV receiver simultaneously to two separate displays. Only the main HDMI output supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and OSD (On-Screen Display).
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV AV receiver's main HDMI output. Once the processor is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the AV receiver's preouts.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
3D Ready: The RAP-1580MKII supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming w/ aptX: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly stream stored music libraries, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the Rotel RAP-1580MKII AV receiver. In addition to Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the RAP-1580MKII supports Qualcomm's aptX audio technology. aptX delivers "CD-quality" audio (16-bit/44.1kHz) wirelessly over Bluetooth. Android, Windows 10 and Mac OS all support aptX (Apple iOS does not not support aptX).
Note: You'll still control search and playback functions, as well as view song/artist/information from your Bluetooth enabled source device (not the RAP-1580MKII ).
USB-B Port: The rear-panel USB-B port allows connection to your Windows PC or Mac computer, so you can playback your laptop or desktop music libraries through the RAP-1580MKII AV receiver. The RAP-1580MKII supports both USB Audio Class 1.0 and USB Audio Class 2.0 modes for playback of 2ch stereo PCM music files up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- USB Audio Class 1.0: USB Audio Class 1.0 supports playback of 2ch PCM audio up to 96kHz sampling rates (DSD not available). Windows PC and Mac do not require installation of a driver for USB Audio Class 1.0. The unit's factory default setting is USB Audio Class 1.0.
- USB Audio Class 2.0: USB Audio Class 2.0 supports playback of 2ch PCM audio up to 192kHz sampling rates. You will need to install a Windows USB Driver from Rotel's website onto your computer for a Windows PC connection. Mac computers will not require a a separate USB driver.
Note: You'll still control search and playback functions, as well as view song/artist/information from your your Windows PC or Mac computer (not the RAP-1580MKII ).
USB-A Ports: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII is equipped with two USB-A ports; one on the front-panel and one on the rear chassis.
- Front-Panel: The front-panel USB-A port can be connected to an Apple iOS device with Lightning (including iPod touch, iPhone & iPad) connector for music playback through the AV receiver. You'll still control search and playback functions, as well as view song/artist/information from your Apple iOS device (not the RC-1572). The front-panel USB can also be used to charge your Apple iOS device and other smartphone or tablet devices; it is rated at 5V/2.1A.
- Rear-Panel: The rear-panel USB-A port does not support music playback and can only be used for charging a USB-enabled smartphone or tablet device. The rear-panel USB port is rated at 5V/0.5A.
Note: USB MSC (mass storage class) devices, such as USB thumbdrives and hard disk drives are not supported.
On-Screen Display: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII features two types of information displays to help operate the system. The first consists of simple status displays that appear on the TV screen whenever primary settings (Volume, Input, etc.) are changed. A more comprehensive On-Screen Display (OSD) menu system is also available that guides you through the configuration and setup of the AV receiver.
Note: The OSD is only available through the AV receiver's main HDMI output.
IR Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the RAP-1580MKII surround sound processor. It can also operate a Rotel CD player (sold separately). The remote is backlit for easy operation in dimly lit rooms. There is also a built-in light that can help you locate other objects in a dimly lit room.
Note: The play and search controls on the remote only operate a connected Rotel CD player. They do not support playback and search functions for USB-B, and Apple iOS, and Bluetooth devices.
Remote Integration: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII is outfitted with a variety of custom integration inputs and outputs that offer additional convenience and remote control of the AV receiver.
- Rotel Link: The 3.5mm stereo minijack input/output (labeled "Rotel Link") can attach to Rotel network enabled products. This allows the attached Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel App (for Apple iOS 6.0+).
- IR In/Outs: The IR input (3.5mm) receives command codes from industry-standard infrared receivers via a hard-wired connection. This feature is useful when the unit is installed in a cabinet and the front-panel sensor is blocked. The two IR outputs (3.5mm) send infrared signals received at the unit's IR input an IR blaster or emitter placed in front of a source component's IRsensor. In addition, the IR outputs can be hardwired to other Rotel products with an IR input. Consult your your Crutchfield advisor for information on external IR repeater systems (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- 12V Trigger Outputs: The RAP-1580MKII is equipped with three 12-volt trigger outputs (3.5mm) that can be connected to two different components with 12-volt trigger inputs, allowing the components to turn on automatically with the RAP-1580MKII AV receiver.
- RS232 Port: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII AV receiver can be controlled via RS232 for integration with automation systems. The RS232 input accepts a standard straight DB-9 Male-to-Female cable.
- Ethernet Port: The rear-panel Ethernet (RJ45) jack on the back of the AV receiver allows IP control for integrated with automation systems. The Ethernet jack also allows software updates to be downloaded from the internet.
Auto Standby: The Rotel RAP-1580MKII can be configured to automatically power off if unused for a specified period (20 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, or 4 hours). If there is no audio signal or no control within the specified time period, the unit will automatically go into standby mode.
2 questions already asked