About the Radenso DS1
Long-range protection that looks amazing
Long-range protection that looks amazing
A radar detector's primarily there to help keep you abreast of what's happening, but most could use a little help in the appearance department. Radenso's DS1 radar detector gives you a bevy of features for smooth driving, and also has a sleek multicolor OLED screen that's a pleasure to look at. So while you're hoping your detector can guard you while staying unobtrusive, it's nice to know that if you do have to look at the DS1, it's going to give you the info you need in a clear, easy-to-read fashion.
Not only does the compact DS1 have a futuristic OLED display with selectable colors, it also features a USB-C input for both power and firmware updates, replacing the outdated RJ11 phone-style jacks of yesteryear. And it has a headphone jack for motorcycle riders, which isn't standard on many detectors these days. Radenso's new quick-release magnetic suction-cup mount keeps the DS1 securely on your windshield while letting you pop it off and move it inside or to another vehicle with ease. And it offers a universal threaded mounting hole that works with plenty of third-party brackets.
Keep those false alerts locked out
If you drive past a strip mall with any regularity, you're probably aware of how automatic door openers can trigger false alerts on radar detectors. The same's true for roadside traffic and speed monitoring devices. The DS1's "Auto GPS Lockout" feature with artificial intelligence automatically mutes radar and laser alerts from these non-police sources in specific GPS locations, so you won't be bothered by false alerts during your daily commute. You can even adjust the radius of the lockout area to your preference. The detector is also equipped with a "Low Speed Mute" feature which allows the user to silence K- and X-band alerts when traveling below a preset speed.
You can also manually enter Lockout points if you run into areas where the Auto GPS isn't picking up false signals quickly enough, or you know there's no enforcement happening there.
Know where you might run into trouble
By a similar token, you can mark and unmark any location or point of interest with the push of a button. The detector will record spots such as speed traps and school zones, so you'll get an alert every time you're approaching them and adjust accordingly. You can adjust the distance from the marked spot at which you get the warning. If you notice a change in enforcement habits or end up taking different routes, you can delete all marked locations and start over.
The DS1 can store up to 16,500 Auto GPS Lockout areas, 5,000 manual GPS Lockout areas, and 500 User Points.
Virtually invisible to detection
Radenso's shielding technology keeps you from being detected by all current radar detector-detection protocols, including VG-2 (completely undetectable) and Spectre IV/Elite (undetectable at a distance of 14 feet or further). This added edge lets you cruise without concern.
See and hear about incoming threats
The DS1 offers both audible and visible warnings when a threat is detected, including voice alerts and displays that warn you about the specific radar band targeting your car. You'll even get visual warnings about multiple detected threats at the same time on the detector's OLED screen. Five selectable display modes let you keep track of your speed, time, compass heading, and altitude. The voice alerts include over 260 different messages so there'll be no confusion.
Included camera locations
The DS1 comes with a preloaded database of red-light and radar camera locations across North America, allowing the detector to warn you when you get near. You can download free updates, back up your data, and maintain the database through Radenso's website. You'll need a Windows®-based computer (or a Windows emulator on a different operating system) to update the DS1's database.
Auto Dim Mode
The DS1 offers three brightness settings: Bright, Dim, and Dimmer. Auto Dim Mode uses a built-in light sensor to automatically adjust the DS1 display's brightness, depending on the brightness of your surroundings.
Radenso's working on an app, and when it's available you'll be able to do some cool stuff with your DS1 through your smartphone, thanks to the detector's Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility. Check Radenso's site or your favorite app store for more details. The detector may also be able to integrate with other 3rd-party apps once Radenso's app is online, but that'll also require a consultation with Radenso's site or your app store.
Ready for the road
Radenso includes a travel case, a windshield mount, a coiled power cord with a built-in Mute button and USB power port for charging your portable devices, and a hex key for installation.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector featuring GPS protection and preloaded database of red-light and radar cameras
- magnetic suction-cup windshield mount, padded travel case, coiled USB-C power cord with USB port, and hex key
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB-C input for power and firmware updates
- multi-color 1.6" OLED screen with multiple display modes (including simultaneous multiple threats)
- 8 selectable display colors
- 10 selectable alert tones
- Auto Dim mode automatically adjusts screen brightness to outside light
- detects 3 radar bands (selectable) and 2 POP bands, plus MultaRadar (MRCT/MRCD)
- laser protection (adjustable)
- long-range detection (more distance than the Radenso Pro M)
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar and laser
- sensitivity modes: Highway, City, and AutoCity (speed-based)
- Stealth immunity: VG-2 and Spectre IV/Elite (completely undetectable at any distance)
- Mute and Auto Mute
- free lifetime camera database available via Radenso website (updates requires USB connection and Windows computer)
- GPS-based location marking and "GPS Lockout" with artificial intelligence allow you to mark specific threats and to filter specific locations to eliminate false alerts
- stores up to 16,500 Auto GPS Lockout locations (determined by three instances of the same false alert signal at a stationary point within at least 16 hours)
- stores up to 5,000 manual GPS Lockouts (marked by the user)
- stores up to 500 User Points (locations marked by the user where the detector gives a warning upon approach)
- over-speed alert
- Low Speed Mute for X and K bands
- dimensions: 3"W x 1-1/4"H x 4-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Radenso DS1
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Radenso DS1
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|VG-2 Protection||VG-2, Spectre|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|