About the Radenso SP
Radenso offers driving thrills with no frills
Radenso offers driving thrills with no frills
Radenso's SP radar detector excels at three things: range, filtering, and features. And if you're looking for a strong radar value that'll give you reliable alerts without a bunch of extras you might not necessarily want, the SP's a strong contender. It boasts long-range detection, precision band selection to reduce false alerts, and plenty of processing power and menu options to let you customize how you get your info.
A heads-up you can see and/or hear
The SP offers both audible and visible warnings when a threat is detected, including voice alerts and displays that warn you about the specific radar band targeting your car. You'll even get visual warnings about multiple detected threats at the same time on the detector's OLED screen. You can switch the display mode to emphasize the threat or the frequency, and it'll even let you keep abreast of the detector's voltage. The voice alerts include over 260 different messages so there'll be no confusion.
Keep a low profile
Radenso's shielding technology keeps you from being detected by all current radar detector-detection protocols, including VG-2 (completely undetectable) and Spectre IV/Elite (undetectable at a distance of 14 feet or further). This added edge lets you cruise without concern.
Smart filtering for a quieter ride
The SP's K-band filter weeds out signals from non-police K-band radar sources, including vehicle safety systems that are radar-based such as collision avoidance and blind spot monitoring systems. The traffic sensor filter ignores K-band signals from roadside traffic flow sensors. The detector gives you a three-option filter control to adjust the unit's sensitivity to city or highway conditions.
Programmable to suit your needs
This detector offers multiple settings to adjust, including many in expert mode. The mute function includes multiple options including automatic volume reduction. And you can choose from five different brightness levels (bright, dim, dimmer, smart dark, and dark) to suit your preference. Take the detector's Test Mode for a spin to enjoy full sensitivity with no filtering and no signal lag.
Accessorized for utility
Radenso includes a travel case, a windshield mount, a coiled power cord with a built-in Mute button and USB power port for charging your portable devices, an extra fuse, and a USB cable for connection with your computer for updates.
Sorry, but we cannot ship radar detectors to Virginia or the District of Columbia.
- radar/laser detector
- suction-cup windshield mount, padded travel case, coiled power cord with Mute button and USB port , extra fuse, and USB cable
- mini-USB input
- amber OLED screen with multiple display modes (including simultaneous multiple threats)
- detects 3 radar bands (X, K, Ka) and POP
- laser protection
- LNA-equipped antenna board for long range detection
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar and laser
- filter eliminates false alerts from collision avoidance and blind spot monitoring systems
- sensitivity modes: Highway and City
- Stealth immunity: VG-2 (completely undetectable) and Spectre IV/Elite (undetectable at a distance of 14 feet or further)
- 18 programmable features
- Mute and Auto Mute
- dimensions: 2-7/8"W x 1-3/8"H x 4-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RSP
What's in the box:
- Radar detector
- 43" Coiled power cord with mute and USB Type A port (RJ-14 plug)
- 3A AGC glass fuse
- 39" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Mini-B USB 2.0 on other end)
- Windshield mount
- 2 Suction cups
- Self-adhesive hook-n-loop pad
- Hard zippered storage case
- Thank You card
More details on the Radenso SP
Features & specs
|X Band Radar||Yes|
|K Band Radar||Yes|
|KA Photo Radar||Yes|
|KA Wideband Radar||Yes|
|Display & Alerts|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Radenso SP radar/laser detector features excellent sensitivity, with long-range radar alerts and smart filtering to prevent false alerts. The SP comes with a coiled cord, windshield suction cup mount, hook-and-loop dash mount, and a hard shell storage case.
Note: Radar detectors are legal in all U.S. states except for Virginia, the District of Columbia, and military bases.
Radar Bands: The Radenso SP detects the following radar bands:
- X Band: 10.475 - 10.575 GHz
- K Band (wide): 23.95 - 24.25 GHz
- K Band (narrow): 24.08 - 24.2 GHz
- Ka Band (wide): 33.4 - 36 GHz (including Ka band POP on/off)
Laser Detection: The SP also detects and alerts you of the use of laser by law enforcement. Laser alerts are not muted when using the Auto Mute Mode, or when the detector has been muted manually.
Alerts: The radar detector offers both tone and voice alerts, indicating the detected radar band, frequency (in 3 digits), and signal strength. The display will blink for 3 seconds, and the beeping warning tone will increase in intensity with the increasing signal strength. The signal strength range is expressed over 9 levels. There are over 260 different voice alert messages.
False Signal Rejection: The Radenso SP rejects signals from sources that cause false alerts. New vehicles with advanced features such as Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) or Collision Avoidance Systems (CAS) emit radar signals which cause false alerts in many radar detectors. Also Traffic Sensors can cause false alerts as you pass by them on the highway. The Radenso SP filters out the particular radar bands used in these systems, so you won't get the annoying false alerts.
Power Requirements: The Radenso SP is powered by the supplied DC power supply, with a "cigarette lighter" plug and coiled cable. An optional Direct Wire Kit is available from the manufacturer to hard wire the detector to your vehicle's power wiring, to free up your power adapter and keep your windshield free from clutter.
Mounting: The detector comes with a dual suction cup windshield mount as well as an adhesive hook-and-loop pad for dash mounting. The detector should be mounted level and aimed out the front of the vehicle, without obstructions. A release button on the top front allows you to unlock the mount for removal. An optional visor mount is available from the manufacturer.
User Interface: The four top-mounted buttons for changing settings:
- Power/Menu: Power on/off (short press), Enter/exit Menu mode (long press)
- Volume -/City: Change driving mode - Highway or City (short press), Decrease volume (0-9)(long press)
- Mute: Mute On/off (short press)
- Volume +/Dim: Change display brightness (short press), Increase volume (0-9)(long press)
Note: In Menu Mode, all four buttons are used to toggle, move forward/backward through the menus, and activate menu items.
Radar Detector Detectors: The Radenso SP is undetectable by VG2 and VG3, as well as Spectre IV/Elite, at greater than 14 feet. This keeps your detector hidden from radar detector detectors.
Display: The Radenso SP has a 2" Orange/Red OLED display (measured diagonally) with five brightness settings: Bright, Dim, Dimmer, Dark (display is dark until you receive an alert), and Smart Dark (a small dot blinks until alert). Smart Dark can be set to bright, dim, or dimmer.
User Settings: You can choose between beginner and expert settings, depending upon your level of expertise and experience with radar detectors:
- Beginner Settings:
- Brightness: bright, dim, dark, smart dark
- Smart Dark: bright, dim, dimmer
- User Mode: beginner, expert
- X Band: Off, on
- K Band: Off, on
- Ka Wide Band: Off, on
- Laser: Off, on
- TSR Filter: Off, on
- Display Mode: voltage, off
- Firmware Version: displayed as "x.xx"
- Factory Reset
- Expert Settings: Additional settings available in Expert Mode:
- Ka1-Ka10: Off, on
- POP: Off, on
- BSM Filter: Off, on
- Auto Mute: 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%
- City Mode Filter: 0-90% for each band
- Display Mode: Standard, frequency, threat
- Voice: Off, on
- Test: Off, on
Ticket Free Guarantee: Radenso offers a 1-year limited ticket reimbursement guarantee for all their radar detectors purchased from authorized dealers, including Crutchfield. The guarantee is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?