About the OSD BK-100W70T
Convert 8-ohm speakers to 70-volt use
The OSD BK-100W70T indoor transformer allows you to convert standard 8-ohm speakers into 70V speakers for use in a commercial-style custom-installed sound system. With taps at 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 watts, it allows you to daisy-chain the 8-ohm speaker together with multiple additional 70V speakers, all driven by a single amp. It is rated for indoor use only.
- lets you convert a standard 8-ohm speaker for use in a 70-volt distributed audio system
- selector for choosing 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100-watt taps
- color-coded, in-wall rated 18-gauge wire leads included
- 4"W x 2-3/4"H x 2-1/2"D
- weight: 1.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BK-100W70T
What's in the box:
- 70V Transformer with 7.5" wire leads and attached mounting bracket (adhesive backed)
- Wiring & Specification sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the OSD BK-100W70T
Overview: The OSD BK-100W70T line-matching audio transformer lets you power 4- or 8-ohm speakers from a commercial 70V amplifier, letting you deliver high wattage over long speaker wire runs. Featuring taps at 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 Watts, the BK-100W70T lets you connect speakers up to 2000' away using 14 AWG wire, making it an ideal solution for commercial installations where distance is an issue. The transformer has a frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz with little insertion loss and no effect on sound quality.
Mounting: The OSD line-matching audio transformer is pre-attached to an angled mounting plate for installing it on the back of a speaker magnet. An adhesive pad on the the mounting plate allows it to be attached to the speaker without the need for mounting hardware.
Wiring: The BK-100W70T features six input wires for connection to a 70V commercial amplifier, offering five wattage options for your connected speaker. Each wattage can be selected by using a color-coded input wire. Three output wires are used for connection to either a 4- or 8-ohm speaker.
- 70V Amplifier Input (Primary):
- Black: Common negative
- Brown: 100W (50Ω)
- Red: 80W (62.5Ω)
- Yellow: 60W (83Ω)
- Blue: 40W (125Ω)
- Green: 20W (250Ω)
- Speaker Output (Secondary):
- Black: Common negative
- White: 4Ω
- Red: 8Ω
- Primary Voltage: 70V
- Power Rating: 100W
- Primary Taps: 100W, 80W, 60W, 40W, 20W
- Secondary Impedance: 4- and 8-ohms
- Insertion Loss: 1dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz (± 1dB)
- Dimensions: Width = 3.91", Height = 2.71", Depth = 2.48"
- Weight: 1.8 lbs.
1 question already asked