About the OSD BMA-6012P
Versatile amplification for commercial and whole-home audio systems
Versatile amplification for commercial and whole-home audio systems
Large 70-volt commercial audio systems and custom-installed home systems can require a lot from an amplifier. OSD's potent BMA-6012P is up to the task. It offers plenty of power, inputs, and controllability to handle whatever you might pile on it without breaking a sweat.
This amplifier can tackle both 120-volt home audio and 70-volt commercial audio systems. There's a switch that lets you toggle between the two modes, meaning you can set the amplifier for either application. Each zone has its own line input and BUS input selector that allows you to choose which source to use. For maximum versatility, each zone is also independently controllable though home automation devices (by using the RS-232 port), IR, and 12-volt trigger lines.
Efficient individual amplifiers per channel
There are twelve individual, highly efficient Class D mono amplifiers housed inside the '6012P's chassis — that's a pair of stereo channels for each of six zones. Each zone has a selectable limiter circuit, useful for reducing the levels of accidental loud noises and clipping.
Each zone's amplifier channels can be bridged using a dedicated switch. Bridging amplifier channels creates a single mono channel instead of two, so you can provide even more power to a single speaker for that zone.
- compatible with 70-volt and 120-volt systems
- 12-channel amplifier
- six independent audio zones
- uses 12 efficient class D amplifiers (two per zone)
- 30 watts per channel into 8 ohms with all channels driven
- 50 watts per channel into 4 ohms with all channels driven
- each zone is bridgeable to 100 watts mono into 8 ohms (8-ohm speakers only)
- frequency response: 20-20,000Hz (± 1dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 90 dB
- total harmonic distortion (THD): 0.1%
- signal-sensing automatic turn-on
- stereo RCA line inputs for each zone
- screw-terminal BUS inputs for connecting a mixer, preamp, CD player, or other source
- BUS outputs are in parallel with BUS inputs
- detachable speaker wire terminals accept up to 14-gauge wire
- independent input switch for each zone lets you select line or BUS sources
- 3.5mm input for connecting IR repeater
- RS-232 port for connecting amplifier to home automation system
- detachable AC power cord
- weight: 53.1 lbs.
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 19"W x 3-15/16"H x 18-1/2"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BMA6012P
What's in the box:
- 6-Zone amplifier
- 6' AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- IR Remote control
- 2 'AAA' Batteries
- IR Receiver w/attached 54" USB cable (type-A) and 54" 4-pin Euroblock connector cable
- 3M Adhesive pad for IR Receiver
- AC-USB Power supply (5V/500mA output)
- 6 large 6-pin Euroblock connectors (installed)
- 1 Small 6-pin Euroblock connector (installed)
- Six 4-pin Euroblock connectors (installed)
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD BMA-6012P
Overview: The OSD (Optimal Speaker Design) BMA6012P is a 6-zone amplifier made up of 12 independent mono power amplifiers that can be run in a 4Ω/8Ω or 70V/100V configuration on a per-channel basis, letting you mix both types of installations. Each zone features a stereo output that can receive audio from its own stereo RCA input or from a common Bus Audio input. Other features include; selectable -20dB limiter per zone, the ability to bridge left and right channels for a mono output with double the available power, and independent control of each zone via RS-232, IR, and voltage triggers.
Power: The OSD BMA6012P can provide the following power output for each of the 12 channels:
- 30W per channel @ 8Ω (1kHz, 0.1% THD)
- 50W per channel @ 4Ω (1kHz, 0.1% THD)
- 100W bridged @ 8Ω (1kHz, 0.1% THD)
- 30W per channel @70V/100V (1kHz, 0.1% THD)
Output Connections: The BMA6012P amplifier's 12 speaker outputs are made through six 6-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors that can be wired for a Stereo, Bridge Mono, or Stereo 70V/100V output connection, accepting speaker wire up to 14-gauge. A push-button for each output zone lets you easily select either 4Ω/8Ω or 70V/100V operation, allowing both types of systems to be powered from a single amplifier.
Input Connections: Each of the 6 zones can receive an audio signal from either the common Bus Audio input or from its own stereo RCA jacks. The Bus Audio input connection provides a balanced mono input via a 6-pin Euroblock connector. This also provides a balanced mono output for daisy-chaining the input signal out to additional amplifiers (only Bus In signals will get passed from the Bus Out terminals). Controls and inputs for each of the 6 zones are as follows:
- Line In: A pair of stereo RCA jacks is provided for each zone.
- Line/Bus Trigger In: A 3.5mm jack is used to remotely select whether that zone will receive audio from the RCA input or the Bus Audio input. A +3V to +30V trigger will select the Bus Input, while 0V selects the zone RCA inputs.
- Stereo/Bridged: A push-button lets you select whether the zone's output will be Stereo or Bridged.
- Limiter: A push-button activates the built-in -20dB limiter for each zone, helping eliminate signal clipping and distortion.
- IR Remote/Mute/Status Port: A 4-pin Euroblock connector for each zone provides an IR input for controlling that zone, along with Muting function and Status output. The IR Remote/Mute/Status inputs can be used with the included IR Receiver and hand-held IR Remote Control. The IR Receiver features six 4-pin Euroblock connectors on a single 54" cable for attaching to each zone's IR Remote/Mute/Status input. The IR Receiver gets powered through the included AC/USB power supply.
Common Controls & Connections: Additional rear-panel connections and controls include:
- 70V/100V: A 2-way slide-switch lets you select either 70V or 100V operation.
- Master Control: A 3.5mm input jack let you power the receiver On/Off via an optional control system with a +3V to +30V activation. A second 3.5mm jack will output a +12V signal out to additional amplifiers.
- RS-232: A 9-pin RS-232 connector lets you use an optional controller (sold separately) for operating the BMA6012P.
- Remote Bypass: A 6-switch DIP matrix (On/Off) lets select whether each zone receives IR commands or not.
- Power: A rocker switch powers the amplifier On/Off.
- Fuse: T10AL, 250V
Front Panel Indicators: Two LED indicators for each zone provide the following:
- Green: Lights if a signal is present.
- Red: Lights if the output signal starts to clip or distort.
IR Remote Control: A hand-held IR remote control, along with the included IR Receiver and connectors, lets you easily operate the BMA6012P amp. Functions include; Power; Mute; Bus/Line Selection; Volume +/-, Balance Left/Right; Bass +/-; and Treble +/-.