About the OSD BTP-650
Outdoor speakers with a wireless twist
Outdoor speakers with a wireless twist
Usually, installing outdoor speakers involves long runs of speaker wire to a receiver or amplifier that stays indoors. But OSD's BTP-650 is a forward-thinking option that makes it easier to enjoy great sound outside. And you don't even need a receiver to make it happen. These Bluetooth-enabled outdoor speakers are great for pools, covered patios, decks, and more, and they're easy to install and start playing.
Built-in Bluetooth for easy streaming and setup
The BTP-650s have Bluetooth built in for easy access to music from your compatible phone, tablet, or laptop. The "main" speaker houses the amplifier and Bluetooth module. It connects to an outdoor AC outlet with the included water-resistant power supply. The second speaker is completely passive and connects to the main speaker with an included run of speaker wire.
Weather-resistant enclosure with potent drivers
These speakers feature rugged composite resin cabinets, meaning they're durable enough to crank out tunes year-round, rain or shine. Their rust-proof aluminum grilles protect the drivers from any bumps and bangs that might occur during installation or afterward. If you live in a salty environment, OSD recommends spraying the grilles with clear coat for maximum protection against corrosion.
Each speaker has a punchy 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer that deals out tight bass. Above the woofer is a 1" silk dome tweeter for smooth, clear highs.
Versatile mounting bracket
These speakers come with unique mounting brackets that give you perfect positioning even in less-than-ideal spots. OSD recommends installing the speakers under a covered area for maximum longevity.
- Featured in our article: Best outdoor speakers for 2023
- one active speaker and one passive speaker
- amplifier and Bluetooth modules housed in active speaker
- passive speaker connects to active speaker with included speaker wire
- included power supply provides power to active speaker
- length: plug to transformer is 3-1/2 feet; transformer to speaker is 15-1/2 feet
- IP54-rated all-weather housing
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming
- approximate Bluetooth range: up to 50 feet
- full-motion mounting brackets included for easy installation
- can mount speakers horizontally or vertically
- 1" silk dome tweeter
- 6-1/2" polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 32-20,000 Hz (±10 dB)
- rust-proof aluminum speaker grilles
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-13/16"W x 11-15/16"H x 9-5/8"D
- Weight: 9 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BTP-650 Black
What's in the box:
- Powered speaker
- Passive speaker
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 4 Locking knobs
- AC power suppy (attached 16' DC cable and 3.5' AC power cord)
- 24.5' Speaker wire
- 2 Back covers (pre-installed)
- Quick Start Guide
OSD BTP-650 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the OSD BTP-650
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Treated paper|
|Power Range (watts)||up to 150|
|Frequency Response||38-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Bracket Included||Adjustable bracket|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Weather Resistant Enclosure (IP54): The OSD Audio BTP-650 powered outdoor speaker utilizes a composite resin, acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure that has been silicone sealed, plus a powder-coated rust resistant aluminum grille and mounting bracket to withstand the outdoor elements. The OSD Audio BTP-650 is IP54 rated, meaning it is protected against water spray and dust build-up. The BTP-650 is designed to withstand all types of weather and perform under some of the harshest conditions.
Note: The BTP-650 is weather resistant, but not waterproof. It cannot be submerged in water.
2-Way Powered Speaker: Each loudspeaker houses a 1" silk soft-dome tweeter and a 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer for full-range, outdoor sound (300 to 500 sq/ft) . The main powered speaker includes a built-in 150 watt amplifier that powers the drivers in both speakers for dynamic sound with low distortion. The passive speaker connects to the main powered speaker via spring post terminals and the included 24.5' speaker cable.
- 1" Silk Dome Tweeter: The OSD Audio BTP-650 features a 1" silk dome tweeter. This silk tweeter material is well suited for outdoor applications because it is made from microscopic iron particles suspended in a non-conducting viscous oil which helps dissipate heat and promotes longevity.
- 6.5" Polypropylene Cone Woofer: The BTP-650 houses an 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround. Polypropylene is a popular speaker material due to the added stiffness and durability it offers over paper cones. Polypropylene cone woofers produce rich bass and detailed midrange for very balanced sound overall.
Built-In Bluetooth: The OSD Audio BTP-650 powered outdoor speaker features built-in Bluetooth 3.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to wirelessly transmit audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the outdoor speaker system. You'll still control music playback and view song/artist/album info from your source device (not the speaker). Only one source device can be paired, connected, and used for playback at a time. The rear-panel power switch can be left On, when the speakers are not in use, allowing them to automatically re-connect with the last paired device when back in range. If not using the speaker system for long periods of time, the power switch can be turned Off. The speaker system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 30' to 50'.
Note: The BTP-650 does not offer a wired source input.
Mounting Options: Each speaker comes with its own powder-coated, rust resistant aluminum bracket to mount the speakers on the outside of your home. The brackets allow you to mount the speakers vertically or horizontally. When mounted vertically, the brackets let you swivel the speakers a total of 180 degrees (90 degrees left or right), as well as tilt the speakers a total of 60 degrees (30 degrees up or down). When mounted horizontally, you can swivel the speakers a total of 60 degrees (30 degrees left or right), as well a tilt the speakers a total of 180 degrees (90 degrees left or right). You can also use the mounting brackets to position the speakers vertically or horizontally on a tabletop or other flat surface.
- Vertical Dimensions: 7.8125" (w) x 11.9375" (h) x 9.625" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 11.9375" (w) x 7.8125" (h) x 9.625" (d)
Power Requirements: The main powered speaker needs to be located near an AC outlet where you can connect the included power supply to the speaker in order provide the electrical current needed for the built-in amplifier and built-in Bluetooth receiver. The AC power supply features an attached 3.5' cord that plugs into an AC outlet and a 16' cord that plugs into the back of the main powered speaker.
- When mounting the power supply outdoors, you must use a GFI protected AC outlet with "in-use" waterproof cover.
- The power supply is IP67-rated and waterproof. As a precaution, try and limit the power supply's exposure to harsh weather, water spray, and other outdoor elements.
- The AC power supply measures 6.125" (w) x 1.4375" (h) x 2.125" (d).
11 questions already asked
Purchased for back porch/patio for poolside entertainment. Packaged well, easy install, and they sound great. The bluetooth feature setup was simple and range was no issue. Big thanks to Carson who helped with my order!
Steve from Long Beach, MS