About the OSD BTR-805
Powerful rock speakers with built-in Bluetooth
Powerful rock speakers with built-in Bluetooth
OSD's rugged BTR-805 rock speakers are self-powered and Bluetooth-enabled, so you can play your music outdoors without having to connect to an indoor receiver. And each one has a large woofer and soft dome tweeter for extended frequency response.
Built-in Bluetooth for easy streaming and setup
These speakers are ideal for streaming music from your compatible phone, tablet, or laptop. The "main" speaker houses the amplifier and Bluetooth module. It connects to an outdoor AC outlet with the included water-resistant power supply. The second speaker is completely passive and connects to the main speaker with an included run of speaker wire.
Weather-resistant enclosure with potent drivers
These speakers feature rugged rock-shaped cabinets, so they're durable enough to crank out tunes year-round, rain or shine. Each speaker has an 8" polypropylene woofer for big-time bass, and a 1" soft dome tweeter for smooth, detailed highs.
- 8" polypropylene cone woofer
- 1" soft dome tweeter
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming
- Bluetooth range: up to 30 feet
- one active speaker and one passive speaker
- passive speaker connects to active speaker with included speaker wire
- waterproof power supply included
- length: plug to transformer is 3-1/2 feet; transformer to speaker is 15-1/2 feet
- frequency response: 35-22,000 Hz
- all-weather rock-shaped enclosures designed to blend into your landscaping
Dimensions and warranty:
- 13-3/8"W x 10-3/4"H x 11-3/8"D
- Weight: 32 lbs. (pair)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BTR805-GREY
What's in the box:
- Powered rock speaker w/ attached 12" power cable & 3' speaker cable
- Passive rock speaker w/ attached 3' speaker cable
- AC power suppy w/ attached 16' DC cable and 3.5' AC power cord (24VDC/3A output)
- 10' Speaker wire
- 4 Wire nuts
- Quickstart guide
OSD BTR-805 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the OSD BTR-805
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Soft dome|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl rubber|
|Power Range (watts)||Up to 150|
|Sensitivity||Not given dB|
|Frequency Response||35Hz-22k Hz|
|Connector Type||Bare-ended wire|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Landscape Speaker: The OSD Audio BTR-805 powered outdoor "rock" speakers feature a weather-resistant, acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure with a powder-coated, rust resistant aluminum grille for outdoor durability. The BTR-805 is designed to withstand all types of weather and perform under some of the harshest conditions.
2-Way Powered Speaker: Each loudspeaker houses a 1" soft-dome tweeter and an 8" polypropylene cone woofer, with a Butyl rubber surround, for full-range outdoor sound. The main powered speaker includes a built-in 150 watt amplifier that powers the drivers in both speakers for dynamic sound with low distortion. The passive speaker connects to the main powered speaker via the attached 3' speaker wire on each speaker and the included 10' speaker cable (16' total). Four waterproof wire nuts are provided for connecting the speaker wires.
Built-In Bluetooth: The OSD Audio BTR-805 powered outdoor speaker features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You'll be able to wirelessly transmit audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the outdoor speaker system. You'll still control music playback and view song/artist/album info from your source device (not the speaker). Only one source device can be paired, connected, and used for playback at a time. The speaker system has a wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 30' to 50'.
Note: The BTR-805 does not offer a wired source input.
Outdoor Mounting: Each speaker is designed to look like a rock, allowing them to blend in with your yard, garden, or landscape area. The speakers feature a wide flat bottom for placement on a flat surface while remaining upright and stable.
Power Requirements: The main powered speaker needs to be located near an AC outlet where you can connect the included power supply (+24VDC/3A output) to the speaker in order provide the electrical current needed for the built-in amplifier and built-in Bluetooth receiver. The AC power supply features an attached 3.5' cord that plugs into an AC outlet and a 16' cord that plugs into the back of the main powered speaker.
- When mounting the power supply outdoors, you must use a GFI protected AC outlet with "in-use" waterproof cover.
- The power supply is IP67-rated and waterproof. As a precaution, try and limit the power supply's exposure to harsh weather, water spray, and other outdoor elements.
- The AC power supply measures 6.125" (w) x 1.4375" (h) x 2.125" (d).
Note: The BTR-805 does not include a power switch and will be powered On when plugged into AC power.
6 questions already asked
Easy to setup and they sound great. My only complaint is I wish the cable between the speakers was longer. I would like to get a little more separation between speakers. That is really the only reason I gave it four stars.
Tom from Duxbury, MA