About the OSD ICE840WRS
In-ceiling speakers for humid conditions
In-ceiling speakers for humid conditions
It can be hard to get great audio quality in humid areas like patios and bathrooms. That humidity tends to wear down normal in-ceiling speakers, slowly degrading their performance and internal components to the point of failure. OSD aims to fix that problem with their ICE840WRS speakers. These weather-and-humidity-resistant speakers were built to provide premium sound in humid areas without fail.
Each speaker features an 8" fiberglass woofer with a Santoprene™ surround for maximum detail and durability. There's also a 1" titanium tweeter in the middle that provides crisp, clear highs. It swivels, so you can aim it towards your listening sweet spot for maximum fidelity.
Clean installation in your ceiling
OSD has added some nice touches to these speakers to make installing them easier. The ICE840WRS speakers fit into a 9" cutout and attach to your ceiling using four L-shaped "dog-ear" style mounting brackets. The speakers include a rust-resistant aluminum grille that fits flush with your ceiling and can be spray-painted to match your decor.
- 2-way weather-resistant in-ceiling speaker (x2)
- 1" aimable titanium dome tweeter
- 8" fiberglass woofer with Santoprene surround
- built-in crossovers
- "dog-ear" style mounting brackets for easier install — no construction brackets needed
- gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz
- handles up to 75 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 90dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- white rust-resistant aluminum grilles included
- can be spray-painted to match your decor
- cutout diameter: 9-1/16"
- frame diameter: 10-1/4"
- mounting depth: 4-3/16"
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ICE840WRS
What's in the box:
- 2 In-ceiling loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- Cutout Template
- Owner's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD ICE840WRS
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 75|
|Parts Warranty||10 Years|
|Labor Warranty||10 Years|
Weather & Moisture Resistant: The OSD Audio ICE840WRS in-ceiling loudspeaker is weather and moisture resistant, making it a good choice for humid indoor areas (like bathrooms and kitchens), as well as outdoor areas (like under eves and covered porches).
Note: Volume controls (sold separately) can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area
2-Way Driver Design: The OSD Audio ICE840WRS in-ceiling loudspeaker utilizes a two-way driver design, featuring a 1" titanium dome pivoting tweeter and 8" polypropylene woofer with santoprene surround.
- 1" Titanium Dome Pivoting Tweeter: A 1" titanium dome tweeter delivers the higher frequencies of your music soundtracks. The tweeter is also adjustable, meaning it can be aimed toward the listening area. With this swivel tweeter adjustment, you can easily create a better "sweet spot" for your listening area. This can make a big difference in sound quality especially for dialog and higher frequencies.
- 8" Polypropylene Cone Woofer: A 8" polypropylene cone woofer with a santoprene surround produces the midrange and bass frequencies. Polypropylene is a popular speaker material due to the added stiffness and durability PP offers over paper cones. Polypropylene cone woofers produce rich bass and detailed midrange for very balanced sound overall.
Spring Post Terminals: The OSD Audio ICE840WRS in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of gold-plated spring post terminals. The spring post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG). The gold-plated terminals provide excellent signal transfer and are resistant to corrosion. The spring post terminals are too small to accommodate banana plugs.
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16-gauge in-wall rated speaker wire (CL3/FT4).
- For wire lengths between 50' and 100', use at least 14-gauge in-wall rated speaker wire CL3/FT4).
- For wire lengths of greater than 100', use at least 12-gauge in-wall rated speaker wire (CL3/FT4).
Note: Your speaker wire must comply with all local building and safety codes for use in in-ceiling applications.
Mounting Options: The OSD Audio ICE840WRS features a "dog leg" (L-shaped) mounting system that is part of the frame to secure the speaker in the ceiling. The speaker requires a round cutout that measures 9.0625" (diameter) x 3.8125" (depth). Its outer frame measures 10.25" (diameter) x 0.5" (depth). The "dog leg" (L-shaped) mounting system accommodates a 0.75" to 1.5" thick ceiling. Make sure to leave at least 0.625" of open space (without obstruction) around the cutout above the ceiling, so the speaker's "dog leg" mount system will have room to engage fully.
Note: Be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the ceiling cavity that will interfere with the speaker.
Paintable Grille:The rust-resistant aluminum grille is removable and can be painted to better match the color of your ceiling. The outer ABS frame can also be painted.