About the OSD ISS4
A simple, old-school approach to multi-room audio
A simple, old-school approach to multi-room audio
OSD's ISS4 is a compact speaker selector that makes creating a single-source multi-room audio system simple — especially if you've already got multiple speaker pairs throughout your home. You can connect and play up to four speaker pairs (eight speakers total) simultaneously.
There are four front-panel pushbuttons that turn speaker pairs on and off. The included zone labels help you keep track of where your speakers are assigned.
Impedance protection lets you play it safe
The ISS4 has built-in impedance matching circuitry, which is useful if you have a few speakers wired up that present too low of an impedance for your amplifier. It helps magnify the impedance to keep your amp from overheating or shutting down. There's a button on the right side of the front panel that lets you turn the impedance matching on or off.
Note: The power the speaker selector can handle is dependent on whether or not that impedance matching circuitry is activated. When it's turned on, the speaker selector can handle up to 70 watts of power per channel. When the circuitry is turned off, it can handle up to 140 watts per channel. When in doubt, I recommend keeping it turned on to ensure safe operation.
- 4-zone, single-source speaker selector
- impedance matching circuitry for safe operation with any speakers and amplifier
- handles up to 70 watts per channel with impedance protection engaged (140 watts/channel without protection)
- front-panel on/off switches for each zone
- accepts up to 14-gauge wire
- steel chassis with black powder coating
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 8-1/2"W x 2-1/8"H x 5"D
- weight: 2.5 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISS4
What's in the box:
- Speaker selector
- Sticker labels
OSD ISS4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD ISS4
4 Pair Speaker Selector: The OSD-Audio ISS4 Speaker Selector is an easy and effective way to distribute music to up to 4 listening zones (4 pairs of speakers) and play any pair, a combination of pairs, or all pairs simultaneously from a stereo receiver or amplifier. Each of the 4 Zones allows you to connect a pair of loudspeakers for a total of 8 speakers. Front-panel push buttons let you quickly turn each pair of speakers on or off independently, and custom labels fit within the recessed area on the buttons for easy labeling of each zone. The ISS4 is constructed of 16-gauge steel with a durable black powder coating.
Impedance Protection Circuit: A passive device that does not require power to operate, the ISS4 also includes impedance protection circuitry so you can safely drive all 4 pairs at once without damaging your stereo receiver or integrated amplifier. When connecting multiple speakers to a receiver or amplifier, you need to stay above the amp's minimum load requirements. Going below the impedance rating can overheat or even damage your equipment. The ISS4 includes selectable impedanc protection circuitry that allows a single amplifier to safely power several pairs of speakers.
- Manually activating the Impedance Protection Circuit will prevent the impedance presented to your receiver or amplifier from dropping below an unsafe level of 5 Ohms, regardless of the number and impedance rating of your speakers.
- The speaker selector handles 140 watts per channel total input power without the manual Impedance Protection Circuit engaged, and 70 watts per channel with the Impedance Protection Circuit engaged.
- The ISS4 will not allow the impedance presented to your receiver or amp to drop below 5 Ohms. Make sure your stereo receiver or integrated amp can handle down to 4 ohms.
- The Impedance Protection Circuit must be activated manually by pressing "Protection Circuit Switch" button on the front-panel. The Impedance Protection Circuit is not done automatically.
Euro-Style Connectors: The ISS4 Speaker Selector is easy to install and accepts 18AWG to 14AWG speaker wire. The European-style input/output connectors are removable, which gives you better leverage when terminating your speaker wires than traditional spring-loaded terminals. This speaker selector takes either four or two conductor speaker wire stripped at the ends that are inserted into the screw-down input/output terminals for a tight fit to ensure the best signal transmission and sound quality possible.
- Make sure to use in-wall rated (CL) speaker wire when installing speaker wire inside the wall.
- 14 gauge is recommended for runs longer than 100 feet.
Mounting Options: The OSD-Audio ISS4 Speaker Selector features a low-profile design that easily fits on a shelf or inside a cabinet. Never place the speaker selector where it is exposed to excessive moisture or heat. Leave at least 1" of space above the unit for heat dissipation. The ISS4 measures 8.5" (w) x 2.125" (h) x 5.0" (d), and weighs 3lbs.