About the OSD MVC-25
In-wall volume control for a commercial audio system
If you've got a 25- or 70-volt distributed audio system in your place of business, a reliable volume knob is a crucial part of the audio pipeline. This in-wall volume control from OSD works well in either case. It features a pair of "through output" terminals on the back, so you can daisy-chain it to other volume knobs without causing impedance issues. Its removable terminal block features silver-plated contacts and can handle up to 14-gauge speaker wire. Three colors of decora plates are included to help the MVC-25 blend into almost any professional environment.
- in-wall volume control
- works with 25-volt and 70-volt commercial audio systems
- "through output" allows for daisy chaining multiple knobs
- UL-rated for safe in-wall installation
- 10 attenuation steps
- 33dB total attenuation
- silver-plated contacts for noise-free operation
- terminals accept up to 14-gauge speaker wire
- 25-watt power rating
- fits most single-gang junction boxes (not included)
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 2-3/4"W x 4-1/2"H x 3-1/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MVC25
What's in the box:
- In-wall 25V/70V commvercial volume control w/ volume knob (white)
- 3 Decora covers (white / ivory / almond)
- 2 Volume knobs (ivory & almond)
- 4-Pin Euroblock connector (installed)
- 2-Pin Euroblock connector (installed)
- Six 6mm screws
- Two 22mm screws
- Instruction sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD MVC-25
Overview: The OSD Audio MVC-25 in-wall volume control is designed for use in commercial 25V & 70V audio systems. Its high-quality design provides a wide frequency response, low insertion loss, and reliable performance for commercial and business applications.
Power & Connections: The MVC-25 25V/70V in-wall volume control is capable of handling up to 25W of power - meaning, the connected speaker(s) total tap-setting wattage should be equal to or less than 25 watts. Connection to the MVC-25 is made through two Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors that can accommodate speaker wire up to 14 AWG. A unique Thru Output lets you easily daisy-chain multiple speakers without affecting the impedance of the signal. 100W and 50W versions of the MVC volume control can be purchased separately.
Attenuation: The OSD Audio MVC-25 volume control features a total of 33dB of attenuation divided into 10 make-before-break steps, and a positive Off position. Make-before-break steps means there are no connection breaks between Full Volume and Off that can cause switch damage. However, the volume knob does have positive stops at each step for easy reference.
|10||0dB (Full Volume)|
Installation: The MVC-25 is designed to mount inside most standard single-gang electrical J-boxes (sold separately). Three Decora-style knobs and face plates are provided - White, Ivory, and Almond, letting the volume control easily blend with your interior decor.