About the OSD NERO VOX
Upgrade the sound from your 3rd-generation Echo Dot
Upgrade the sound from your 3rd-generation Echo Dot
The OSD NERO VOX lets you flush-mount a 3rd generation Amazon Echo Dot in-wall. Its built-in amplifier delivers 20 watts per channel to drive one or two pairs of speakers, using the Echo Dot as a convenient voice-activated music source and volume control. The included wall plate features a 3.5mm input for connecting a source such as a TV with variable audio output, and a stereo RCA output for connecting a powered subwoofer. It's a good-looking, great-sounding way to upgrade your Alexa-based sound system.
Multi-room audio and voice control
You can use multiple NERO VOX amps (each with a dedicated 3rd generation Echo Dot) to create a whole-home system with voice control. You can tell Alexa to play different music in each room, streaming Alexa-friendly services like Spotify® and Amazon Music Unlimited via Wi-Fi®. Using a compatible Echo Dot in each room, you get manual push-button control and voice control over the system, without having to run a lot of wire or infrared repeaters. You can even go a little bit old-school and use it as an intercom system.
- 2 x 20-watt Class D stereo amplifier drives up to two pairs of speakers
- drive one pair of 4-ohm speakers or up to two pairs of 8-ohm speakers
- amp automatically detects 4- or 8-ohm load
- lets you mount 3rd generation Amazon Echo Dot (sold separately) flush in your wall
- attractive single-gang wall plate with input, output, and power connections
- 4.5-foot CAT-5 cable and 4.5-foot power cable included to connect wall plate module and amplifier
- attractive trim plate
- 3.5mm audio input for Amazon Echo Dot
- left and right speaker output terminals
- RJ-45 connector for connecting to wall plate module
Input/output plate connections:
- RJ-45 connector for connecting to VOX amplifier module
- 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a source like a TV (must have variable output)
- stereo RCA analog subwoofer output
Dimensions and warranty:
- amplifier cutout: 4-15/16" diameter x 3-3/16" depth
- trim plate: 6"W x 6"H x 5/16"D
- input/output wall plate: 1-7/16"W x 4-1/8"H x 2-1/16"D
- Decora plate: 2-13/16"W x 4-9/16"H x 1/4"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NEROVOX
What's in the box:
- In-wall amlifier/enclosure (for Echo Dot 3rd Gen)
- AC power adapter (attached 4' DC cord)
- Hardwire power plug adapter
- 58" Power/ground harness
- 59" Cat5 cable
- Connector wall plate
- Cover plate
- 2 Long screws
- 2 Short screws
- Users Guide
- Cutout Template
OSD NERO VOX reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD NERO VOX
Echo Dot (3rd Gen) In-Wall Amp: OSD Audio's NERO VOX is a 40W in-wall amplifier that harnesses the capabilities of Alexa and the Echo Dot (3rd Gen), allowing you to play music on a set of in-ceiling/in-wall or bookshelf speakers (sold separately) with voice control and better sound quality than the Echo Dot's internal speakers. Similar to installing an in-wall speaker, the NERO VOX is flush-mounted and installs directly into a drywall surface with "dog-ear" clamps and requires a round cutout. Your Echo Dot (3rd Gen) fits securely inside the in-wall enclosure and plugs into an integrated stereo minijack cable and DC power cord, while the integrated stereo amplifier is hidden and a paintable cover trim blends into your wall and decor.
- Cutout Dimensions: 4.9375" (diameter) x 3.1875" (depth)
- Trim-Ring Dimensions: 5.9375" (w) x 5.9375" (h) x 0.3125" (d)
Note: The Echo Dot (3rd Gen) and loudspeakers are not included with the NERO VOX, and are all sold separately.
Class D Amplification: The NERO VOX incorporates a highly efficient, stereo Class D amplifier that is 4-ohm stable and features overload protection. The Class D stereo amplifier is rated at 20 watts x 2 channels (40W total) to drive a pair of in-ceiling, in-wall, or bookshelf speakers with cables and wires hidden from view. The class D stereo amplifier is fitted with a two detachable phoenix-style speaker output terminals to connect your in-wall rated speaker wire (up to 16AWG) and in-ceiling/in-wall or bookshelf loudspeakers (sold separately). Because the amplifier is 4-ohm stable, you can connect a single pair of 4-ohm speakers or two pair of 8-ohm speakers.
AV/Power Wall-Plate: The included AV/Power wall-plate, which is typically installed near an AC power outlet, includes stereo RCA outputs to add a powered subwoofer to your sound system, as well as a 3.5mm aux input to connect your TV or other audio source to the Echo Dot (3rd Gen). Your connected audio source must have a variable audio output. The wall-plate also includes a power port to connect the included 18V AC power adapter which features an attached 4' DC cord. The AV/Power wall-plate requires a rectangular cutout and installs in a single-gang box (not included and sold separately). A labeled decora cover plate is included for neat and clean installation.
- Wall-Plate Dimensions: 1.4375" (w) x 4.125" (h) x 2.0625"
- Decora Plate Dimensions: 2.8125" (w) x 4.5625" (h) x 0.25" (d)
Wiring Notes: When installing the OSD Audio NERO VOX, keep in mind the length of the included cables and wires that will need to be run through the wall between the amplifier and wall-plate.
- A 59" CAT-5 cable is provided that will need to be run through the wall and plugged into both the the in-wall amplifier and the wall-plate in order to transmit the audio from the analog input and sub output between the two in-wall components,
- The supplied 58" power/ground harness also runs through the wall and plugs in between the in-wall amplifier and wall-plate to supply power to the Class D amplifier and your connected Echo Dot (3rd gen).
- The included 18V AC power supply has an attached 4' DC cord, so you'll need to make sure the wall-plate is mounted near an electrical outlet.