About the OSD SAM300
A versatile subwoofer amplifier
The OSD SAM300 delivers up to 230 watts of clean Class AB power for driving one or two subwoofers. It's 4-ohm stable and offers a variety of input/output connections that open up options for multiple subwoofer configurations. It also gives you convenient remote turn-on options: always on, auto, and 12-volt trigger. And you can dial in your subwoofer's performance with a phase switch, adjustable bass boost, and 40-180Hz low-pass crossover control.
- Class AB mono subwoofer amplifier
- delivers up to 230 watts into 4 ohms (156 watts into 8 ohms)
- frequency response: 25-180Hz
- variable low-pass crossover control: 40-180Hz
- adjustable bass boost: 25-50Hz (frequency) and 0dB-12dB (level)
- phase switch: 0° or 180°
- remote turn-on options: always on, auto, and 12-volt trigger
- two pairs of binding posts for high-level input and output
- single pair of binding posts for subwoofer output
- stereo RCA line input and output
- mono RCA LFE input
- two-pin Euroblock 12-volt trigger input and output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-5/16"W x 4"H x 15-1/2"D
- weight: 16 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SAM300
What's in the box:
- Subwoofer amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Install Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD SAM300
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||1|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||156|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||230|
|Bridged Power per Channel||N watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||3|
|Input Type||LFE, RCA, Speaker|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Post|
Mono Subwoofer Amplifier: Designed for use with passive subwoofers such as in-wall subs (sold separately) that require external power, the SAM-300 provides continuous, stable power. A powered subwoofer has its own internal amplifier, while a passive subwoofer requires external power and most in-wall subs are passive. After all, it's not so easy to install a 100-pound powered subwoofer inside a wall. That's where an amp like the SAM-300 comes into play. This amp not only adds necessary power, but routes LFE away from your surround speakers, which in turn gives you much cleaner highs and midrange. This subwoofer amp does much more than supply power, it also improves the overall sound quality of your entire surround sound system. This compact subwoofer amplifier will enhance the low frequency sound effects on your movie and music soundtracks, so you'll experience highly accurate bass and a more intense surround sound.
- Class AB Design: The OSD Audio SAM-300 subwoofer amplifier utilizes a Mono Class AB output stage for solid, well defined output.
- Low Impedance Stable: OSD Audio's SAM-300 Class AB mono subwoofer amplifier delivers robust power even under demanding, low-impedance loads. It delivers 156 watts (RMS) / 310 watts (Peak) when used with an 8-ohm passive subwoofer or 230 watts (RMS) / 460 watts (Peak) when used with a 4-ohm passive subwoofer.
Subwoofer Controls: The SAM-300 includes a variable low pass filter control for balanced and seamless sound quality, as well as variable phase control for additional fine tuning, plus independent volume control to match the output of your audio system. These controls can be easily accessed on the front-panel of the mono subwoofer amplifier. There is also a rear-panel Bass Boost control.
- Volume Level: Use the volume knob to match output level of the SAM-300 and your passive in-wall subwoofer with the rest of your speaker system.
- Low Pass Filter: The variable low pass filter (40-180Hz) allows you to adjust the upper frequency limit of the subwoofer to control the overlap of the subwoofer's upper frequencies and the main speakers' lower frequencies. This results in bass that complements the sound from the main speakers rather than overpowers.
- Phase Control: The variable phase control knob operates over a range from 0 degrees to 180 degrees and allows you to match the arrival times of the sound waves from the subwoofer and the main speakers. This fine-tuning results in bass that is less muddy or thumpy, but rather smooth and detailed.
- Bass Boost: This control allows you to boost the bass frequencies of 25Hz to 50Hz from 0 to 12dB.
Line-Level & Speaker-Level Connectivity: Multiple connection options include a mono LFE input, stereo RCA line-level inputs/outputs, and speaker-level inputs/outputs to cover newer and older source equipment.
- Mono LFE Input: If your AV preamplifier or receiver has a LFE or Sub out, you can connect it to the SAM-300's LFE input. The LFE input will bypass the SAM-300's low pass filter and instead use the LFE bass management of your AV preamplifier or receiver. The mono LFE input consists of a female mono RCA jack.
- Stereo RCA Inputs/Outputs: If your preamplifier or receiver does not contain a LFE or Sub out, then you can use the line-level outputs from your preamp or receiver to connect to the stereo RCA inputs of the SAM-300 amplifier. There is also a stereo RCA output that can be used to pass the line-level input signal of the SAM-300 amplifier to another receiver or amplifier. The line-level inputs and outputs consist of female stereo RCA jacks.
- Speaker Inputs/Outputs: The SAM-300's speaker level inputs can be used if your receiver does not have a LFE, Sub, or line-level output. In this setup, you'll connect the main speaker outputs of your receiver to the speaker level inputs of the SAM-300 amplifier, and then connect your main speakers to the speaker level outputs of the SAM-300 amp. The speaker-level inputs and outputs consist of binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Subwoofer Output Terminals: The SAM-300 mono subwoofer amplifier is outfitted with two binding-post terminals to connect your speaker wire and passive subwoofer. The binding post terminals will support bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Auto On/Off: The OSD Audio SAM-300 can be set to automatically turn-on when it sense an audio signal on the mono LFE or stereo RCA line-level inputs. It will automatically turn off afte 15 minutes of no signal and no operation. The SAM-300 also features a 12V trigger input and output for auto on/off synchronization with other components. The 12V trigger input and output each consist of a 2-wire terminal euro-block.
Power Requirements: The OSD Audio SAM-300 comes with a detachable 6' IEC 3-prong AC power cord that will need to be plugged into the back of the mono subwoofer amplifier and an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).