About the OSD SSVC4
Flexible switching and volume control for your speakers
OSD's SSVC4 is a handy audio distribution component that's great for larger multi-room music systems. It has connections for up to four pairs of speakers, each with independent volume controls. Dual source inputs let you connect two amplifiers. Each amplifier can play through a single set of speakers, or you can have the same amp playing across all connected speakers. The built-in impedance matching circuitry is useful if you have a few speakers wired up that present too low of an impedance for your amplifier. It helps magnify the impedance to keep your amp from overheating or shutting down.
- impedance-matching dual-source, four-zone volume control
- dual source inputs for connecting two separate amplifiers
- outputs for four pairs of speakers, each with independent volume controls
- front-panel A/B source buttons for zone source selection
- handles up to 100 watts per channel (peak)
- impedance-matching circuitry maintains stable load at the amplifier when multiple speakers are connected
- spring clip speaker wire terminals accept up to 14-gauge wire
- 17"W x 2-1/2"H x 6-1/4"D
- weight: 6.44 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SSVC4
What's in the box:
- Speaker selector
- Sticker labels
- Owner's Manual
OSD SSVC4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD SSVC4
Dual Source/4 Zone Speaker Selector: The OSD-Audio SSVC4 is a switchable dual source speaker selector with individual volume control for up to four different zones. Its switchable functionality lets you alternate between the two different amplifiers or receivers in each zone. This allows you to enjoy Source A in one room and Source B in another room.
- The SSVC4 is designed for use with a receiver or amplifier that has a maximum power of 100 watts per channel at 8 ohms. If you are uncertain about the power rating of your receiver or amplifier, talk with one of Crutchfield's sales advisors.
- OSD recommend using only 8 ohm speakers with the SSVC4. Furthermore, OSD-Audio does not recommend installing more than one pair of speakers per pair of channels. Each pair of channels or terminal block is designed for one pair of speakers using up to 14 gauge wire.
Autoformer-Based Volume Control: The OSD-Audio SSVC4 utilizes an Autoformer-based volume control that is also used in their in-wall volume controls. The Autoformer-based design operates more efficiently than resistor-based models with minimal internal power dissipation, so no power is wasted as heat.
Impedance Protection Circuit: To help protect expensive audio equipment, this dual-zone high-power speaker selector includes impedance-matching frequency protection circuitry that reduces subsonic signals so you can safely drive multiple pairs of speakers without going below the amp's impedance ratings which can cause it to overheat or shut down.
- Each internal volume control has impedance jumpers that allow you to select 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x. These settings correspond to the number of speaker pairs you will be adding to each output and should be adjusted accordingly. The default is 4x for each. Changing these settings requires removing the cover of the speaker selector.
- To set up the system, the amplifier or receiver's volume should be at its lowest volume setting, and the selector volume control should be the highest setting. Slowly adjust the amplifier or receiver's volume to a level that is acceptable for the amplifier to produce without clipping.
Front-Panel Controls: The OSD-Audio SSVC4 offers easy to access front-panel controls. There are independent controls for Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3, and Zone 4. You can switch each Zone on and off. You can also select between A or B inputs for Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 3, and Zone 4. In addition, there is a separate rotary volume control for each Zone.
Euro-Style Connectors: The SSVC4 Speaker Selector is easy to install and accepts 18AWG to 14AWG speaker wire. The European-style input/output connectors are removable, which gives you better leverage when terminating your speaker wires than traditional spring-loaded terminals. This speaker selector takes either four or two conductor speaker wire stripped at the ends that are inserted into the screw-down input/output terminals for a tight fit to ensure the best signal transmission and sound quality possible.
- A & B Inputs: The A & B inputs connect to the speaker wire outputs of your amplifier or receiver. You can connect one amplifier or receiver to each input.
- 1-2-3-4 Outputs: The 1, 2, 3, and 4 outputs connect to the speaker wire inputs of your loudspeakers. You can connect a pair of 8-ohm loudspeakers to each output.
Note: Make sure to use in-wall rated (CL) speaker wire when installing speaker wire inside the wall. 14 gauge is recommended for runs longer than 100 feet.
Mounting Options: The OSD-Audio SSVC4 Speaker Selector features a low-profile design that easily fits on a shelf or inside a cabinet. Never place the speaker selector where it is exposed to excessive moisture or heat. Leave at least 1" of space above the unit for heat dissipation. The SSVC4 measures 17.0" (w) x 2.5" (h) x 6.25" (d), and weighs 5lbs.
Note: Speaker wires can act as an antenna for electrical noise. Locating speaker wires too close to a light dimmer or switch may cause a buzzing or popping sound to be heard through the speakers. If you must locate the SSVC4's wiring near electrical devices, route the speaker wires several inches away from them.
Metal Construction: The OSD-Audio SSVC4 features 16 gauge steel construction with a durable black powder coating and gray silk-screening.