About the OSD XMP300
Send two sources to two pairs of speakers
Send two sources to two pairs of speakers
OSD's XMP300 uses a highly efficient Class D amplifier to send clean, powerful sound to up to two pairs of speakers. The front panel has A and B selector buttons that let you choose which speakers you'd like to listen to. You can even have both sets of speakers playing simultaneously by pressing both buttons in. The front panel also has a volume knob and balance knob to help you dial in the sound in your room or rooms.
"Main" and "local" source inputs
You'll find two RCA source inputs on the rear of the amplifier. You can hook up anything that uses an RCA connection, like a preamplifier, a smartphone (using a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable), or the like. Use the "main" input for the primary source you'd like to share between rooms. Its signal gets passed through a pair of RCA main outputs, for easy daisy-chaining to additional amplifiers. Use the secondary input for a "local" source. The amp automatically switches to your local source when it senses a signal. When it stops, the amp switches back to your main source.
- outputs for two pairs of speakers
- efficient bridgeable Class D amplifier
- 150 watts per channel at 8 ohms
- 300 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- 450 watts per channel in bridged mode (only 8-ohm stable)
- auto-sensing turn on feature turns amplifier on when a source is detected
- frequency response: 10Hz-30,000Hz (-2dB/ +1dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100dB
- THD: <1%
Connections and controls:
- front-panel A/B source buttons for zone speaker selection
- dual RCA stereo inputs for connecting two separate sources
- priority "interrupt" input automatically switches to a second source when signal is detected
- auxiliary RCA stereo output for sending signal to another amplifier
- front-panel volume and balance knob
- rear-panel bass and treble controls (± 12dB at 100Hz and 10kHz)
- 3.5mm 12-volt IR trigger inputs and outputs for control with IR repeaters
- rack mounting hardware included
- 17-1/8"W x 2-1/8"H x 12-3/16"D
- weight: 7.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XMP300
What's in the box:
- Stereo amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Brackets
- 8 Screws
- Owner's Manual
OSD XMP300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD XMP300
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||2|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||150|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||300|
|Bridged Power per Channel||450 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||2|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Speaker Connectors||Binding Post|
Class D Stereo Amplifier: The OSD Audio XMP300 stereo amplifier incorporates class D amplification for clean and high efficient power with low distortion. It can be operated in Stereo mode or Bridged-Mono mode. The XMP300 amplifier can handle 8- or 4-ohm impedance loads in Stereo mode, as well as an 8-ohm impedance load in Bridged-Mono mode.
- 8-Ohm Stereo Output: 150 watts x 2 channels (@ 1kHz with 1% THD and 100dB SNR)
- 4-Ohm Stereo Output: 300 watts x 2 channels (@ 1kHz with 1% THD and 100dB SNR)
- 8-Ohm Bridged-Mono Output: 450 watts x 1 channel (@ 1kHz 1% THD and 100dB SNR).
Analog Line-Level Inputs: The OSD Audio XMP300 class D amplifier is outfitted with two sets of stereo analog line-level RCA inputs. There is a Main stereo RCA input and a Interrupting Stereo RCA input. When an audio signal is present at the Interrupting Stereo RCA input, then the XMP300 will automatically switch from the Main input to the Interrupting input. There is approximately a 6 second delay when switching between the Interrupting input and the Main input.
Analog Line-Level Output: The rear-panel stereo analog line-level RCA output allows the XMP300's Main input signal to be passed through to another amplifier. The analog line-level output does not support the XMP300's Interrupting input.
Speaker A & B Outputs: The OSD Audio XMP300 is outfitted with A & B speaker outputs. Thee A & B speaker outputs consists of 5-way binding post terminals that will accept bare-wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual). In Stereo mode, you can connect one pair of 4-ohm loudspeakers or two pair of 8-ohm loudspeakers. In Bridged-Mono mode, you can only connect a single 8-ohm loudspeaker to either the A or B speaker outputs, but not both.
- You can select output from Speaker A only, Speaker B only, or select output from both Speaker A and Speaker B.
- When using both the A & B speaker outputs, the same audio source will be played back in both zones.
Tone Controls: The OSD Audio XMP300 amplifier offers Bass (100Hz) & Treble 10kHz), as well as Balance (L/R) control. The Bass & Treble control knobs are located on the rear-panel and can be adjusted between -12 and +12 dB. The Balance control knob is located on the front-panel.
12V Trigger In/Out: There is a 12V trigger input (3.5mm) and output (3.5mm) on the back of the OSD Audio amplifier. The 12V trigger input allows the XMP300 to be powered on by the 12V trigger output of another electronic component. The 12V trigger output lets you power on another electronic component that features a 12V trigger input from the XMP300 amp.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The OSD Audio XMP300 comes with a detachable 6' IEC 3-prong AC power cord.
Rack Mountable: The OSD Aduio XMP300 includes mounting hardware to install the amplifier in an equipment rack.
2 questions already asked