About the OSD XPA500
A workhorse commercial audio amplifier
A workhorse commercial audio amplifier
The OSD XPA500 is a rugged custom install amplifier that delivers a robust 500 watts into each of its two channels. That's plenty of power to drive multiple 70-volt speakers in two mono zones in a commercial sound system. The back panel offers balanced and unbalanced inputs, unbalanced "loop" outputs for connecting additional amps or other components, plus individual level controls for each channel. It's rack-mountable — the kit is included — and it comes with a convenient handheld remote control.
- efficient 2-channel class D power amplifier
- power output: 500 watts x 2
- frequency response: 20-22,000 Hz (+0/-2dB)
- rear panel:
- independent level controls for each channel
- unbalanced mono RCA inputs
- Phoenix-style speaker-level outputs
- unbalanced RCA output for sending channel 1 output to channel 2, or stereo output to another component
- balanced Phoenix-style outputs for channels 1 and 2
- 70V/100V selector switch
- IR receiver input
- 12-volt trigger in and out
- RS-232 port for external remote control
- front-panel LED output level meters and clip indicator for each channel
- front-panel protection status LED: normal (blue), protection (red)
- handheld IR remote control and rack-mounting kit included
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17"W x 1-3/4"H x 9-7/16"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 9.25 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XPA500
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel 70V commercial amplifier
- 6' Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- IR Sensor w/ attached 7' cable terminated in a 6-pin Euroblock connector
- 3M Adhesive pad for IR sensor
- IR Remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- 6-Pin Euroblock connector (installed)
- 4-Pin Euroblock connector (installed)
- 2 Rack ears
- Eight 10mm screws
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the OSD XPA500
Overview: The OSD XPA500 is a compact and powerful 2-channel 70V amplifier for commercial audio installations, providing up to 500 watts to each channel. It features both balanced and unbalanced inputs, IR/RS-232 connectivity, and a compact design that takes up 1U of rack space.
Uses: The OSD XPA500 can provide sufficient output power for use in large, medium, or small audio systems in restaurants, meeting halls, sports venues, and other applications where multiple speakers are required.
Power: The XPA500 features an energy-efficient Class-D amplifier topology for maximum power output. A single 4-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connector provides the two output channels (1&2). Each channel can output up to 500 watts for powering commercial 70V speakers.
Note: The XPA500 is not designed to power 4- or 8-ohm (Low-Z) speakers.
Inputs: The OSD 70V amplifier can accept balanced and unbalanced line-level signals.
- Channels 1&2: A pair of RCA input jacks is provided for an
unbalanced input signal. These can be used with a stereo signal or with two
independent mono signals from two different sources. This allows the amp to
either play the same source from both speaker outputs or independent signals
for each output.
- Loop Out: An additional pair of RCA outputs can loop the
input signal back out to feed additional amplifiers. If running a single
mono signal into input Channel 1, Loop Output 1 can be fed back into
input Channel 2. This lets you feed Channels 1&2 from a mono source
without the need for a Y-cable.
Note: The Loop Out jacks will only pass signals from the unbalanced RCA inputs.
- Loop Out: An additional pair of RCA outputs can loop the input signal back out to feed additional amplifiers. If running a single mono signal into input Channel 1, Loop Output 1 can be fed back into input Channel 2. This lets you feed Channels 1&2 from a mono source without the need for a Y-cable.
- Channels 3&4: A 6-pin Euroblock connector provides two balanced input channels, accepting either balanced or unbalanced signals.
Level Controls: Two continuously-variable, rear-panel Level controls let you increase or decrease the output signal level for each channel.
Speaker Outputs: Speaker output channels (1&2) are provided on a single 4-pin Euroblock connector that can accept speaker wire up to 14 AWG.
Additional Rear-Panel Controls & Connections:
- 12V Trigger: A 3.5mm 12V Trigger input can be used with a 4.5-15VDC signal to activate the amplifier. When the voltage drops back below 4.5VDC, the amp will power off. A corresponding 3.5mm Trigger Out can be used to daisy-chain the trigger signal to additional amplifiers.
- 70V/100V: A 2-way switch changes the operation mode of the amplifier.
Note: 100V Operation is for European installations only and cannot be used in North America.
- IR & RS-232 Control: A rear-panel 6-pin Euroblock connector can accept IR and RS-232 signals for controlling the amp, as well as passing signals out to additional amplifiers. The included IR sensor with 7' cable plugs into this port and can be placed in an area where it will receive direct line-of-sight IR signals from the provided hand-held IR remote control. The remote control lets you power the amp On/Off, change the input Source, and control Volume Up/Down and Mute for the whole amplifier. Additional controls let you independently control Volume Up/Down and Mute for each channel.
Note: The XPA500 does not include a front-panel IR sensor. All IR commands from the remote control are received via the outboard IR sensor.
Front-Panel Controls & Indicators:
- Power: A push-button powers the amplifier On/Off.
- Protect: Two LEDs, one for each channel, will light Blue under nominal conditions and Red when the internal protection circuit is activated.
- Level Meter: Two sets of 4 LEDs indicate the signal level for each channel: -30dB, -20dB, -10dB, and a Clip indicator that lights Red if the signal reaches the clipping point.
Mounting: Four removable rubber feet on the XPA500 allow it to sit on a shelf or table-top. The included rack ears and hardware let you mount the amp in a standard 19" wide equipment rack, taking up 1U of rack space.
Detachable Power Cord: The OSD amplifier comes with a detachable 6' IEC 3-pin AC power cord.