About the FenSens FENV1
Easily add peace of mind
Easily add peace of mind
In one of my cars I have a parking sensor with visual and audible alerts. I use it all the time. In my other vehicle, I only have audible alerts, find it annoying, and so I've turned the feature off. The beauty of FenSens' FENV1 wireless parking sensor is that you have your option of visual, audible, and vibrational alerts on your smartphone. Open FenSens' free app with ease using your smartphone's voice control. Once open, the FENV1 will alert you to any obstruction in your way as you back up.
How does it work?
FenSens builds weatherproof proximity sensors into a rugged license plate frame that mounts easily over your license plate. AA batteries (not included) are required for power and last up to five months. No drilling, wire-snipping, or wire-routing is necessary, so installation is quick and easy. Once installed and paired with your phone via Bluetooth, you'll receive alerts via the Fensens app that let you know when you're nearing an obstruction and how close it is.
- wireless smart parking sensor with visual, audible, vibrational obstacle alerts
- two ultrasonic parking sensors in a wireless battery-powered license-plate frame
- weatherproof frame for use on front or back of vehicle
- push-button control can be mounted on steering wheel
- universal fit (works in any vehicle less than 30 feet long)
- free app for iOS and Android and over-the-air updates
- responds to Siri and Google Voice
- uses AA batteries (lasts for 5 months)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 710051996992
What's in the box:
- License-plate frame w/ integrated parking sensors
- Quicklaunch button
- Magnetic phone mount
- 2 Metal phone mounting plates w/ adhesive backing (1 round / 1 rectangle)
- 2 AA Batteries
- CR2032 Battery
- 0.75" Round 3M adhesive pad
- 4 Plastic screw inserts
- Four 40mm bolts
- Four 30mm bolts
- Two 40mm screws
- Two 25mm screws
- One 5mm screw
- Torx key
- 2mm Allen key
- 1.5mm Allen key
- Owner's manual
FenSens FENV1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the FenSens FENV1
Overview: The FenSens is a license-plate based wireless parking sensor that installs with no wires and uses your smartphone to provide audio, visual, and vibration alerts when objects are detected either in front or behind your vehicle.
Ultrasonic Parking Sensors: The FenSens includes a license-plate frame with 2 built-in ultrasonic parking sensors. Powered by 2 AA batteries (included), the FenSens requires no wiring and easily replaces most standard license plate frames. With typical use, battery life can power the frame for up to 5 months. Mounting hardware is included for vehicles without an existing frame or with a different frame size (drilling may be required). Both ultrasonic sensors have 2 set-screws for adjusting their up and down positioning, which is recommended if the license-plate frame is higher than 3 ft. off the ground. During operation, the parking sensors will provide audio, visual, and vibration alerts on the app.
Note: The FenSens is not recommended for vehicles with a license-plate frame that's higher than 4 feet off the ground. The higher the frame is off the ground, the more clearance that will need to be set in the app.
FenSens App: Setup and operation of the parking sensor is done through the FenSens Wireless Sensor app.(iOS/Android), available from the Apple App and Google Play Stores. Once the app has been downloaded, the smartphone can then be paired with the FenSens and the included QuickLaunch button via a Bluetooth connection (4.1). Once the smartphone and the FenSens are paired, the app can be launched by the following methods:
- Smartphone: The FenSens can be activated by launching the app and hitting the sensor icon within the app's navigation bar.
- QuickLaunch Button: The included QuickLaunch button mounts to your steering wheel and once paired with your smartphone, can be used to launch the app simply by pressing the button. For iOS this works best by having the app running in the background and your location set to "always on". Push Notifications must also be ON for this feature to work.
- Voice Activation:
- Android: The app can be launched by hitting the TAP button once and saying "Open FenSens".
- iOS: The app can be launched using Siri by tapping the home screen button to launch Siri and saying "Hey Siri, launch FenSens".
Use: The FenSens is primarily designed for backing up or pulling forward into a parking spot, and when properly mounted the parking sensors can detect objects up to 10 ft. behind or in front of the vehicle in a 4 ft. radial range. The FenSens app can display both visual and audio alerts:
- Visual Indicators: The FenSens app will display a pictogram of the vehicle with colored bands extending out from the end the parking sensor is mounted on. When no obstruction is detected, the bands will be Green. As you approach an object, the bands will change to Yellow, as a caution, then Orange and finally Red, warning of very close proximity to the object.
- Audible Warning: An on-screen icon lets you toggle audio alerts (beeps) On/Off that work in conjunction with the visual alerts.
- Vibration: The FenSens app lets you activate the vibration alert option. This is useful if the phone is in your pocket when launching the app.
Note: The FenSens is strictly a visual aid and should not be relied on solely when operating your vehicle. Always be aware of your surroundings and check for blind spots when parking your vehicle.
- Parking Sensor Frame: The FenSens license-plate parking sensor frame is designed to replace most standard size license-plate frames. Mounting hardware, including security screws, are provided for replacing an existing frame as well as for creating a new mounting location.
- QuickLaunch Button: The QuickLaunch button includes a built-in mount that allows it to simply snap onto the steering wheel within easy reach of the button.
- Smartphone Mount: A magnetic vent-mount bracket allows your smartphone to attach to a vent slot for easy viewing from the driver's location. Two metal mounting plates are provided to accommodate various smartphones.
- Bluetooth Version: 4.1
- Bluetooth Profile: GATT
- Bluetooth Operating Distance: Approx. 33 ft.
- Sensor Range: Approx. 10 ft.
- iOS: iOS7.1+ (recommended)
- Android: 4.4 Minimum, 5.0 recommended
- Battery Type:
- Sensor Frame: 2 AA (included)
- QuickLaunch Button: CR2032 (included)
2 questions already asked