About the Fensens Wireless Backup Camera
Totally wireless and solar-powered
Totally wireless and solar-powered
Fensens offers a straightforward solution to your backup woes — their totally wireless, solar-powered backup camera. If you can mount a license plate, you can install this camera, which is built into a sturdy frame that fits over your license plate. The HD camera wirelessly transmits a video signal to your smartphone, which is paired via Wi-Fi, to show you a clear view of what's behind you, enhanced by parking lines.
Affix the included universal camera bracket over your license plate. It supplies solar power to the built-in HD camera. With the free Fensens app downloaded to your Android™ or iPhone® and a wireless connection with the camera, your phone acts as the display for the system. The app is not triggered by shifting your vehicle in reverse, but Fensens includes a QuickLaunch button that engages the rear view without you needing to operate your phone.
What you'll see
Fensens streams video to your smartphone without any lag in 1080p. Built-in parking lines help you gauge distance in both portrait and landscape mode. Once you've finished backing up and are driving forward, you can program the app to automatically launch the app of your choice like Google Maps™ or Spotify® to make your drive go more smoothly.
Note: A solar-powered charge provides up to 5 uses. Fensens says that the camera will never lose a charge if exposed to two hours of sunlight daily.
- wireless solar-powered HD camera in a license plate frame
- wirelessly transmits video signal to your smartphone
- universal fit
- free app for iOS and Android
- easy adjustability from portrait and landscape
- 1080p video transmission
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 720260772751
What's in the box:
- License-plate frame w/ integrated HD camera and solar cells
- TAP Button w/ 3M adhesive backing and installed CR2032 battery
- 33" USB Cable (male Type-A on one end / male Micro-B on other end / 2.0)
- 2 Mounting tabs
- Two 12mm bolts
- Two 30mm machine screws
- Two 30mm self-tapping screws
- 2 Nuts
- Quick-start chart w/ scannable QR code
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Fensens Wireless Backup Camera reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Fensens Wireless Backup Camera
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||Not given|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||Not given|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||Not given|
Overview: The FenSens Smart HD Solar Powered Backup Camera is a license-plate based wireless camera that installs with no wires and uses a Wi-Fi connection to your smartphone to provide a view behind you.
Solar Powered: The FenSens Smart HD backup camera features a license-plate frame with a built-in rearview camera and solar cells for recharging the built-in battery. A Micro-B USB port on the bottom of the frame can also be used for charging the camera, which should be done initially before installation. The Smart HD backup camera requires no wiring and easily replaces most standard license plate frames. With typical use, battery life can power the camera up to 5 times daily, and can stay charged when left outside in daylight for at least 2 hours a day (results may vary depending on available sunlight).
FenSens App: Setup and operation of the parking sensor is done through the FenSens Wireless Sensor app (iOS/Android), available from the Apple App Store and Google Play. Once the app has been downloaded, the smartphone can then be paired with the FenSens and the included TAP button via a Bluetooth connection. Once the smartphone and the FenSens are paired, the app can be launched by included TAP button. The TAP button mounts to your steering wheel and once paired with your smartphone, can be used to launch the app simply by pressing the button. For iOS this works best by having the app running in the background and your location set to "always on". Push Notifications must also be ON for this feature to work.
Use: The FenSens is primarily designed for backing up. After pressing the TAP button, the FenSens app will display the camera view with colored parking lines extending out from the rear of the vehicle. Lines are red immediately behind the vehicle, changing to yellow and then green farther out.
Note: The FenSens Smart HD backup camera is strictly a visual aid and should not be relied on solely when operating your vehicle. Always be aware of your surroundings and check for blind spots when parking your vehicle.
- License Plate Camera Frame: The FenSens license-plate camera frame is designed to replace most standard size license-plate frames. Mounting hardware, including security screws, are provided for replacing an existing frame as well as for creating a new mounting location (drilling may be required).
- TAP Button: The TAP button includes 3M adhesive on the bottom for mounting to a dashboard or console within easy reach.
- Operating Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Camera Weather Resistance: IP65
- Maximum Signal Range: Approx. 33 ft.
- Operating Temperature: 14˚F - 122˚F
- iOS: iOS7.1+ (recommended)
- Android: 4.4 Minimum, 5.0 recommended
- Battery Type:
- License Plate Frame: Built-in solar powered rechargeable battery
- TAP Button: CR2032 (included)
3 questions already asked