- custom cable for Meze Audio Empyrean planar magnetic headphones
- overall length: 8 feet, 4 inches
- 4-pin XLR balanced XLR connector for your compatible headphone amp
- two 4-pin mini XLR connectors for the earcups
- silver-plated, oxygen-free copper conductors ensure maximum signal transfer
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MEM-S4
What's in the box:
- 100" (8'4") Silver-plated PCUHD headphone cable with two 4-pin mini XLR headphone terminals on one end and 4-pin XLR balanced connector on other end
- Drawstring storage pouch
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Meze Audio Empyrean PCUHD Upgrade Cable
Overview: The Meze Audio Empyrean Silver-plated PCUHD upgrade cable (MEM-S4) is manufactured with the finest oxygen-free copper wire, plated with pure silver. This 8'-4" braided cable is equipped with dual 4-pin mini terminals for each earcup, and a balanced 4-pin XLR connector, which is compatible with many high-end headphone amplifiers. The cable is designed specifically for the Meze Audio Empyrean premium over-ear headphones.
Silver-plated OFC: The PCUHD (Pure Copper Ultra High Drawability) cable uses state-of-the-art Furukawa High-Purity Oxygen-Free Copper wire to produce a pure, open sound, with more control over transients and tighter bass. The 4N-grade copper (99.99% pure) is braided to reduce noise, yet remains ultra flexible. During the manufacturing process, no gas burners are used, and the inside of the equipment is filled with noble gasses. The amount of oxygen, a common impurity in copper products, is held to 5 ppm (parts per million), well below the required standard for oxygen-free copper. The fine copper strands (0.04mm) are individually plated with pure silver. The conductors are continuously braided together in an 8-wire (at the 4-pin XLR) to 4-wire (at each 4-pin mini) configuration. Each conductor features a USA-made TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) sleeve. Jensen 4% silver soldering is used on each connector.