About the Tributaries Series 6 Model 6SP-B
High-quality speaker cable
High-quality speaker cable
Before he founded Tributaries in 1991, owner Joe Perfito spent 15 years working for McIntosh Laboratory, Inc. Back then, he says, the concept of designing cables based on sound scientific principles was considered extremely radical. That became his company's mission, though, and it continues to produce speaker cables designed to curtail distortion, deliver reliable tonal balance, and reduce the noise floor to near zero to bring your music to life with rich detail.
Multi-gauge Star-Quad design
The Series 6SP cable uses highly conductive oxygen-free copper (HC-OFC) conductors. Their beefy 11AWG thickness consists of multiple varied solid wire gauges chosen for their characteristic frequency responses.
The cable's Star-Quad design has four conductors evenly wound together in a “positive, negative, positive, negative” configuration. This construction cancels the opposing electromagnetic fields generated by each conductor pair, reducing interference that can cause distortion. It also reduces the cable's inductance, making it easier for your amp to drive a transparent signal to your speakers.
Gold-plated machined-brass banana plugs
Series 6SP cables feature robust gold-plated banana plugs secured with a pair 180°-opposing set screws. Their design promotes a large area of electrical contact when you plug them into the terminals on your amp and speaker, for optimum signal transfer.
Tributaries cables are built to last
Every Tributaries speaker cable is hand-made by skilled technicians in Orlando, Florida, using high-quality materials. Each cable must pass strict multi-level quality controls and comes with the assurance of a limited lifetime warranty.
- two 11AWG HC-OFC (highly conductive oxygen-free copper) conductors for superior signal transfer
- each conductor consists of multiple solid wire gauges for superior frequency response
- Star-Quad cable geometry reduces cable inductance and distortion
- conductors are individually insulated to eliminate distortion
- pre-attached gold-plated, machined-brass banana connectors
- decorative woven jacket over a UL® CL2 PVC Jacket
- assembled by hand with foreign and domestic parts in Orlando Florida, USA
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 6SP-B-080D
What's in the box:
Tributaries Series 6 Model 6SP-B owner's manual
- 8' Speaker cable (terminated by banana plugs)
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Tributaries Series 6 Model 6SP-B
Model 6SP Speaker Cable: The Tributaries Series 6 Model 6SP Star-Quad speaker cable features ultra-pure highly conductive oxygen-free copper (HC-OFC) developed specifically for audio applications. Two 11AWG conductors consist of multiple solid gauges that are mathematically and tonally chosen to support low, mid and high frequencies for a natural sounding cable. Furthermore, individually insulating each conductor helps to yield zero strand interaction and better sound quality. Tributaries' Star-Quad design not only alternates the positive and negative signal conductors, but also alternates the twisted layers in each multi-gauge conductor - thus canceling all levels of magnetic distortion.
- Gold-Plated Banana Plugs: The Series 6 Model 6SP Star-Quad speaker cable is terminated with gold-plated, male banana plugs.
- High Quality Flexible Jacket: The Model 6SP Start-Quad speakeer cable also features a decorative woven jacket over flexible PVC.
Note: Assembled by hand with foreign and domestic parts in Orlando Florida, USA.