About the Tributaries Series 8 Model 8SP-B
High-quality speaker cable
High-quality speaker cable
Before he founded Tributaries in 1991, owner Joe Perfito spent 15 years working for McIntosh Laboratory, Inc. Back then, he says, the concept of designing cables based on sound scientific principles was considered extremely radical. That became his company's mission, though, and it continues to produce speaker cables designed to curtail distortion, deliver reliable tonal balance, and reduce the noise floor to near zero to bring your music to life with rich detail.
Advanced multi-gauge Star-Quad design
The Series 8SP cable uses highly conductive linear-crystal oxygen-free copper (LC-OFC) conductors. Their beefy 11AWG thickness consists of three separate solid wire gauges chosen for their characteristic frequency responses: large conductors best transmit low frequencies, medium-gauge the mid-frequencies, and fine-gauge the high frequencies.
The cable's Star-Quad design has four conductors evenly wound together in a “positive, negative, positive, negative” configuration. This construction cancels the opposing electromagnetic fields generated by each conductor pair, reducing interference that can cause distortion. It also reduces the cable's inductance, making it easier for your amp to drive a transparent signal to your speaker.
High-performance banana plugs
A silver-plated, machined-brass banana plug is soldered to each end of the cable. These connectors feature a locking design to ensure secure connections and clean, clear signal transfer between your amp and speaker.
Tributaries cables are built to last
Every Tributaries speaker cable is hand-made by skilled technicians in Orlando, Florida, using high-quality materials. Each cable must pass strict multi-level quality controls and comes with the assurance of a limited lifetime warranty.
- two 11AWG LC-OFC (linear-crystal oxygen-free copper) conductors for superior signal transfer
- conductors consist of three separate solid wire gauges for superior frequency response
- Star-Quad cable geometry reduces inductance and distortion
- conductors are individually insulated to eliminate distortion
- pre-attached silver-plated, machined-brass locking banana connectors
- decorative woven jacket over a UL® CL2 PVC Jacket
- assembled by hand with foreign and domestic parts in Orlando Florida, USA
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 8SP-B-100D
What's in the box:
Tributaries Series 8 Model 8SP-B owner's manual
- 10' Speaker cable (terminated by banana plugs)
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Tributaries Series 8 Model 8SP-B
Model 8SP Speaker Cable: The Tributaries Series 8 Model 8SP Star-Quad speaker cable features extremely high-grade linear crystal oxygen free copper (LC-OFC) developed specifically for audio applications. Tributaries LC-OFC is carefully drawn to produce a low crystal volume per foot resulting in less signal loss and distortion. The speaker cable's 11AWG conductors consist of multiple solid gauges that are mathematically and tonally chosen to support low, mid and high frequencies for a natural sounding cable. Furthermore, individually insulating each conductor yields zero strand interaction and better sound quality. Tributaries' Star-Quad design not only alternates the positive and negative signal conductors, but also alternates the twisted layers in each multi-gauge conductor, canceling all levels of magnetic distortion.
- Tellurium (TE) Copper Banana Connectors: The Model 8SP speaker cable is silver soldered onto locking banana plug connectors made with Tellurium (TE) copper increasing conductivity and strength.
- High Quality Flexible Jacket: The Series 8 Star-Quad speaker cable features a decorative woven jack over flexible PVC.
Note: Assembled by hand with foreign and domestic parts in Orlando Florida, USA.