About the RAM Mounts RAM-B166-UN7
A new kind of grip
A new kind of grip
There are a lot of phone mounts out there, but they don't all look great. The RAM Mounts X-Grip® Series gets a strong, secure hold on your device with a simple, elegant design that you won't mind looking at every time you get in the car. Using aluminum, steel, and rubber components, the mount's unique, spring-loaded grip cradle expands and contracts to fit a variety of compatible phones. RAM Mounts includes a tether for an even more secure hold when you're going off-road.
Suction cup base
This RAM-B-166-UN7 X-Grip mount uses a 3.3" suction cup with a twist lock for a secure hold on your windshield or smooth dash. A double-socket arm accommodates serious adjustability.
RAM Mounts builds flexibility into their mount design but you'll want to confirm the dimensions of your phone to ensure a perfect fit. See below for the maximum dimensions supported by this mount.
- spring-loaded phone mount with 3.3" twist-lock suction base
- X-Grip design for a variety of phones
- powder-coated marine-grade aluminum with marine-grade stainless-steel components
- double-socket arm
- device tether included for extra security
- cradle dimensions:
- height = 4.25" at minimum width of 1.875"
- height = 2.25" at maximum width of 3.25"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RAMB166UN7
What's in the box:
- Suction cup phone cradle
- Phone tether
- Tube of glue
- Product brochure
- Insctructions on box
RAM Mounts RAM-B166-UN7 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RAM Mounts RAM-B166-UN7
X-Grip: The RAM-B-166-UN7 smartphone mount features RAM's spring-loaded X-Grip cradle that expands and contracts, allowing it to snugly fit your compatible phone or tablet, and providing a secure mount to your vehicle's windshield. The X-Grip also includes a rubber tether for added device security while traversing rough terrain or if using in an open-cockpit vehicle.
- Note: Make sure to include any device case, sleeve, or skin (if applicable) when determining the overall dimensions of your device.
Suction Mount: The RAM spring-loaded cradle is designed to mount to a windshield using it's 3.3" diameter suction cup base. A twist-lock base provides a strong hold on glass and non-porous plastic surfaces, including RAM adhesive disks (sold separately), while making it easy to install and remove.
Mounting Arm: The RAM device mount features a Standard length double-socket arm incorporating RAM's patented 1" diameter rubber ball and socket system, with adjustment points at each end. A single adjustment knob allows both ends to be loosened and tightened simultaneously, letting you easily find the right viewing angle. Each ball-joint can be swiveled up to 180°.
Materials: The RAM-B-166-UN7 uses powder-coated marine-grade aluminum, marine-grade stainless steel, and high-strength composite parts and materials.
- Cradle: Width is taken from inside edges of rubber clamps, while Height is taken from outer edges.
Cradle dimensions are for minimum/maximum device size taking into account minimal spring-force needed to hold device
- Minimum Width: 1.875" (with minimum height = 4.25")
- Maximum Width: 3.25" (with maximum height = 2.25")
- Depth: 0.875"
- Ball Size: "B" (1" diameter)
- Arm Length: 3.75"
- Total Length (Fully Extended): 8.0"
- Base Diameter: 3.375"
Compatibility: The RAM-B-166-UN7 is compatible with the following devices: