About the Precision Interface Electronics RCA-iPD
The RCA-iPD cable from Precision Interface Electronics lets you connect your iPod or iPhone® to any factory or aftermarket car stereo with an RCA auxiliary input. You'll need to hardwire the cable's power and ground leads to provide charging capability. Once you've done that, you can charge and listen to your iPod through your car stereo simply by connecting the cable's dock connector to your iPod and its male stereo RCA connectors to your stereo's RCA auxiliary input. You can enjoy your favorite music on the go and keep your iPod charged as you drive.
Note: The RCA-iPD does not provide iPod control or information display through your car's receiver. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- provides charging and audio connection between iPod or iPhone and car receivers with RCA auxiliary input
- includes 65" cable with dock connector and module with male RCA outputs, plus power and ground leads
- module dimensions: 3-15/16"W x 13/16"H x 1-3/16"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RCA-iPD
What's in the box:
- Audio & charging interface for iPod (with an attached 65" cable terminated by an Apple iPod dock connector on one end and an attached 6" audio cable terminated by stereo RCA connectors on other end with 6" power/ground leads)
Precision Interface Electronics RCA-iPD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Precision Interface Electronics RCA-iPD
Overview: The PIE Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (RCA-iPD) converters an Apple iPod/iPhone dock connector to RCA level audio output for connection into any OEM (factory) or aftermarket in-dash head unit with an RCA-type auxiliary input. The PIE RCA-iPD provides audio playback and charging of your iPod/iPhone. The RCA-iPD does not offer iPod control or information display through your factory or aftermarket head unit. Control and display of your iPod/iPhone will still be done through your iPod/iPhones's click-wheel or touch-screen and LCD screen.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility: The PIE Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (RCA-iPD) is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to the auxiliary input of your factory or aftermarket in-dash head unit (as of 5/14/2013):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Connections: The PIE Audio & Charging Interface for iPod (RCA-iPD) features the following connections.
- Apple iPod Dock Connector: The PIE RCA-iPD features an Apple iPod dock connector which plugs into your compatible iPod.
- Stereo RCA Connectors: The RCA-iPD features a pair of stereo RCA male connectors which plug into the stereo RCA auxiliary input of your factory or aftermarket in-dash head unit.
- Power/Ground Leads: The RCA-iPD features a power (+12V switched) and ground lead that must be hardwired in order to supply power and charge your connected iPod.
Note: You may need to activate the Auxiliary Input function of your factory or aftermarket head unit in order fo the RCA-iPD to be recognized.
The Precision Interface Electronics RCA-iPD replaces these items
- enables connection of most third-generation and newer iPod models to car stereos with auxiliary inputs
- charges while playing
- can be hard-wired or used with 12-volt power port