PetSafe Pawz Away® Outdoor Pet Barrier
Dog training collar device and transmitter
Our take on the PetSafe Pawz Away® Outdoor Pet Barrier by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
This guy digs flowers, but not literally, thanks to the Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier.
Keep your dog out of the garden
It's tough for a dog to avoid digging up flower beds, and a trash bin is always a tempting treat. The Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier transmitter looks like a rock, so you can hide it near one of these trouble spots and let your pet enjoy the yard, secure in the knowledge that your prize peonies — or smelly garbage — won't end up scattered across the yard.
Pups learn where not to go
The Outdoor Barrier comes with one receiver collar, but you can add as many as you need — each one will respond to the wireless signal the same way. When your pet approaches the "rock," the collar will give a warning beep, followed by a static correction to remind your pet to stay away.
If she moves closer, she'll receive corrections from the collar until she backs away, or until the safety time-out activates after 15 seconds. Before long, she'll know exactly where the no-go zone is, and she won't test it.
Part of a whole-home containment system
The collar receiver works with other PetSafe containment systems. The device also keeps them inside the perimeter of the YardMax In-Ground Fence. Indoors, the Pawz Away Mini Pet Barrier keeps them off the couch and away from kitchen counters.
- electronic barrier keeps dogs away from gardens and trash cans
- shaped like a rock so it blends into your outdoor landscape
- automatic safety shut-off limits static correction to a 15 second burst
- establishes a no-go zone up to 16' diameter
- transmitter powered by 4 D batteries (not included)
- durable and waterproof
- fits neck sizes 6-28"
- optional collar strap for cats available directly from PetSafe
- for dogs 5 lbs. and over
- compatible with PetSafe YardMax and most Pawz Away products
- warns your pet with an audible beep before administering static correction
- powered by built-in rechargable battery
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Barrier transmitter (inside plastic faux "rock")
- Receiver collar
- 2 CR2032 (3V) cell batteries (installed in collar)
- Test light tool
- Operating and Training Guide
- Customer support sheet
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The PetSafe Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier is a training tool to teach your pet to stay away from any area you want them to avoid. Pawz Away includes a transmitter (disguised as a rock) and a receiver collar that provides audible and static correction when you pet enters the Barrier Area. Pawz Away is designed for dogs and cats at least 6 months old and 5 pounds and up, and is for outdoor use only.
System Components: The Pawz Away Outdoor Pet Barrier consists of two main components:
- Transmitter: The transmitter should be placed near the area you want to prevent your pet from gaining access to. The transmitter sends a spherical radio signal to the Barrier Area. You can create a Barrier Area of 2' to 16' in diameter in increments of 2 feet. You can test the barrier area using the supplied Test Light Tool to avoid touching the contact points on your skin. The transmitter is disguised as a brownish-colored rock to blend in with your landscaping. It measures roughly 7-1/2" in diameter and 4-3/8" in height.
- Receiver Collar: The Receiver Collar is a lightweight 3/4" wide nylon collar with a receiver with 1/2" long contact points. As your pet approaches the Barrier Area, he'll hear a series of audible tones from the Receiver Collar, and feel a safe progressive static correction, delivered through the contact points on his neck. This correction will continue until your pet leaves the Barrier Area. If your pet doesn't leave, the collar continues to correct at the maximum level for 3 seconds, up to the 15-second time-out. The collar fits neck sizes 6" to 28", and can be trimmed to size. The collar and receiver weigh only 1.8 ounces. Additional Pawz Away receiver collars can be added if you have multiple pets.
Power Requirements: The Pawz Away transmitter requires four "D" alkaline batteries (not included). Under normal conditions, the batteries will operate the transmitter for up to one year. The receiver collar is powered by two 3-volt CR2032 coin cell batteries (included).
Precautions: The Receiver Collar should not be worn for more than 12 hours a day. If the collar is worn for too long, or made too tight, the dog could develop skin damage. You should reposition the collar on the dog's neck every hour or two. You should never attach a leash to the electronic collar as this will cause excessive pressure on the contacts. A separate collar should be used with a leash.
Wire Option: You can expand and customize the size and shape of your outdoor barrier by adding an external wire attached to the transmitter. The signal will transmit through the wire, instead of the barrier transmitter, at a range of up to 12 feet from the outside of the wire. You can add up to 150 feet of direct burial-rated Boundary Wire. The wire attaches to two screws on the bottom of the transmitter. A 2-way switch inside the battery compartment of the transmitter lets you select the internal or external antenna.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Sure. You can create a Barrier Area of 2' to 16' in diameter in increments of 2 feet. This should be plenty to cover the gate area. [ Ryan Feb 25, 2019 ] Staff