PetSafe SMART DOG® Trainer
App-controlled dog training collar device
From PetSafe: Smart Dog Trainer - Using the App
Our take on the PetSafe SMART DOG® Trainer by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
PetSafe's SMART DOG® collar lets you train your pooch with your smartphone and a free training app.
A training collar that works with your smartphone
It's not always convenient to tote a remote control with you when you have your dog out in public. The SMART DOG training collar solves that problem by giving you app-based control of the collar device, so you can correct your dog directly from the screen of your smartphone.
The lightweight collar receiver communicates with the free SMART DOG app via Bluetooth. Line-of-sight range is up to 25 yards away. You can assign a unique PIN code so only your phone is commanding your dog's collar.
Choose the right level of correction
Some dogs just need a gentle reminder when they're engaging in unsafe or inappropriate behavior. For them, the SMART DOG collar can issue an audible tone or a vibration.
More stubborn dogs might need static correction to get their attention, and the app offers 15 different levels of electric correction. Before long, your dog should respond to the tone, vibration, or your voice commands instantly, and stay safe by your side.
- waterproof training collar is controlled by an app on your smartphone or tablet
- connects to your mobile device via Bluetooth®
- choose vibration, tone, or one of 15 adjustable levels of static stimulation
- range: up to 75 yards
- free SMART DOG Trainer app for Android™ or iOS®
- set your own PIN code so the device only responds to your commands
- for dogs 8 lbs. and over
- fits neck sizes up to 28"
- powered by built-in rechargeable battery
- 1-5/8"W x 1-7/16"H x 2-3/4"D
- weight: 2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Smart Dog training collar with short contact points
- Long contact points
- AC charger adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 5V 1A)
- Test light tool
- Startup Guide
- Customer Care sheet
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The PetSafe Smart Dog Trainer allows you to train your dog remotely using your smartphone and a training app. When you witness your dog misbehaving, you can deliver three types of corrective stimulation to the training collar through the Smart Dog app from up to 75 yards away. No remote is needed, only your smartphone. The waterproof collar allows you to train your dog in any weather or conditions.
Training Collar: The Smart Dog Trainer collar lets you correct your dog via your smartphone. It uses tone, vibration, and static stimulation, giving you many choices of the type of correction that works best for your particular pet. Your smartphone pairs with the collar via Bluetooth 4.0 to send corrective stimulation from up to 75 yards away. The collar is designed to fit dogs 8 pounds and up, with neck sizes up to 28". The system includes the Training module, mounted on a premium coated nylon collar, an AC charging adapter, short and long contact points, and a test light tool. Dimensions: Width 2.676", Height 1.384", Depth 1.372" (including contact points).
Stimulation Types: The Smart Dog trainer uses 3 different types of stimulation to correct your dog's behavior:
- Tone (Beep): The collar delivers a tone or beep to the training collar. The volume of the tone is not adjustable. You can use the tone correction as a warning just before vibration or static correction, so your dog will associate the tone with stronger corrective stimulation. If desired, you can use the tone to mark positive behaviors, but you should never use tone for both.
- Vibration: The training collar features one non-adjustable level of vibration stimulation. When you press the vibration button on your smartphone, the probes will vibrate to interrupt the dog's behavior. You can use vibration alone, or just before static stimulation as a warning.
- Static Stimulation: There are 15 levels of static stimulation, adjustable on the SMART DOG app. A safe pulse of static stimulation is delivered through the two contact points on the training collar. The light tingling sensation interrupts their behavior. If the lower levels of static stimulation are not effective, you can gradually increase the stimulation level until your dog notices or recognizes the corrective signal. If your pet vocalizes or panics when receiving stimulation, you should lower the stimulation level.
SMART DOG App: The PetSafe SMART DOG app turns your smartphone into a training remote to train your dog and prevent jumping, digging, or other unwanted behaviors. The app lets you send corrective tone, vibration, or static stimulation to the training collar without a separate remote. The app has three touch buttons, one for each type of correction. You can choose one as the primary correction button, which makes it more prominent on the app. You can also change the button orientation for left-handed or right-handed operation. You must assign a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to the collar to ensure no other devices can connect to the training collar. You can download the app to multiple smartphones, however, only one Bluetooth connection can be made to the app at a time. The PetSafe SMART DOG app is available for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or later, or Android phones with Android 5.0 and up.
Charging: The training collar is powered by a rechargeable battery. An AC charging cable with a dual 2-pin plug is included. Fully charging the battery takes approximately 5 hours. No information on battery life is provided, however, the onboard LED flashes green every 5 seconds when the battery is charged, and flashes red 3 times every 5 seconds when the battery is low. The training collar should be turned off whenever it is not in use to save battery life.
Test Light Tool: The included Test Light Tool lets you safely test the training collar stimulation. The contact points fit into the Test Light Tool, and when static stimulation is delivered to the collar, the test light will flash. The tool can also be used to tighten the contact points.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.