About the PetSafe ScoopFree® Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Second Generation
Think outside the (litter) box
You can love your cat and still hate cleaning out his litter box. The PetSafe ScoopFree self-cleaning litter box is the solution to that age-old internal struggle. Crystal litter absorbs odors instantly and a motorized rake automatically sweeps waste into a closed trap, so you don't have to scoop it. A built-in health counter tracks how often your cat uses the box, so you can stay in front of health issues.
- crystal litter removes odors by absorbing liquid and dehydrating solid waste
- 99% dust-free, low-tracking litter helps keep floors clean
- motorized rake automatically sweeps waste into covered trap
- built-in safety sensors stop the rake if your cat is in the box
- disposable litter trays slide into the box
- built-in health counter tracks how often your cat uses the box, for early detection of health issues
- system includes one disposable litter tray with lid and one bag of premium crystal litter
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PAL00-16805
What's in the box:
- Plastic litter box frame
- Plastic waste trap lid
- Cardboard litter tray
- Litter tray lid
- ScoopFree Premium Blue Crystal litter (4.5 pound bag)
- AC/DC adapter with attached 10' DC output cord (DC output: 18V 830mA)
- Product Manual
- Increasing the Life of Your Crystal Litter sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PetSafe ScoopFree® Self-Cleaning Litter Box, Second Generation
Overview: The PetSafe ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box, 2nd Generation (PAL00-16805) can be left alone for weeks at a time without scooping, cleaning, or refilling. It uses a special blue crystal litter that absorbs urine and dries solid waste to prevent odors. ScoopFree has an automatic rake that sweeps waste into a covered trap 20 minutes after your cat leaves the litter box. It uses disposable litter trays with pre-measured crystal litter to make it easy to set up, use, and dispose of. The 2nd Generation Self-Cleaning Litter Box is powered by the included AC/DC adapter with a 10-foot cord.
Cat Usage: The ScoopFree litter box can be used in single and multiple cat homes. For a single cat, it is typical for the crystal litter to remain clean for 20 to 30 days. The disposable litter tray will likely need replacing every 10 to 20 days for two cats, or every 7-10 days for 3 cats. Additional ScoopFree litter boxes are recommended for 3 or more cats.
Note: If you have a kitten under 6 months of age, you should leave the unit unplugged and scoop waste until he is 6 months old.
Self-Cleaning: When your cat enters the litter box, sensors trigger a countdown timer. Twenty minutes later an automatic rake sifts through the crystal litter, lifting out the solid waste and depositing it into a closed waste compartment to block odors. The remaining litter is still clean and fresh-smelling. If your cat re-enters the litter box within the 20-minute time period, the countdown timer resets itself and begins another 20-minute countdown. The rake will not operate if a cat is in the litter box because it will be blocking the detection sensors. When the waste trap is full or the crystal litter is saturated, it is time to replace the litter and litter tray. The litter tray comes with its own lid, allowing you to seal up the tray for easy disposal.
Dimensions: The ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box, 2nd Generation has the following dimensions:
- Overall Dimensions: 19" W x 27-3/8" L x 6-3/8" H
- Litter Bed: 14" W x 15-1/2" L
- Litter Trays: 14" W x 22" L x 2-1/2" H
Precautions: You should only use PetSafe ScoopFree Disposable Crystal Litter Trays. Replacement Litter Trays with pre-measured Crystal Litter are available in original scent blue crystal, original scent lavender crystal, and sensitive crystals that are free of perfumes and dyes. Blue Crystal Litter trays are available from Crutchfield in 3-packs or 6-packs. Other types of cat litter, including clay, natural, or other types crystal litter should not be used. Using a different tray or type of litter may void the warranty.
1 question already asked