About the PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder, 2nd Generation
Program meals for your pets
Program meals for your pets
My cats let me know if I'm late for feeding time. It would be nice to be able to press a button or give a command so I didn't have to wake up surrounded by a gang of hungry felines on a lazy Sunday morning or worry about finishing work or chores on time to meet their demands. PetSafe's Smart Feed automatic feeder lets you feed your pets on time, every time, no matter what you're up to.
Set up mealtimes with an app, or just ask Alexa
Connect the feeder to your smartphone through your home's Wi-Fi, and you can use the free Smart Feed app to set up a feeding schedule for your pet. You'll get notifications when meals are dispensed, and whenever the feeder is low or empty. Use the app to monitor and adjust the feeding schedule as needed.
The Smart Feed 2nd Generation works with your Amazon Echo device, so you can also ask Alexa to feed your dog or cat a snack.
Some pets eat too quickly, and others need a steady stream of small portions throughout the day. The Smart Feed 2nd Generation lets you set up to 12 meals on your pet's schedule. It can dispense meals from 1/8 cup to 4 cups, and has a Slow Feed option that dispenses larger meals over a 15-minute period. The Feed Now option lets you feed your pet outside of scheduled feeding times.
- automatically dispenses up to 12 meals at pre-scheduled times
- feeds on schedule as programmed if Wi-Fi® connection is lost
- Slow Feed option dispenses food slowly over a 15-minute period to prevent gulping
- Feed Now option lets you remotely feed your pet on demand
- free Smart Feed app lets you control and monitor your pet's mealtime
- get notified when your pet is fed, the food level is low, or the feeder is empty
- compatible with Apple® and Android™ devices
- a 2.4GHz (802.11b/g/n) wireless router is required to connect the feeder to your device
- works with Amazon Echo voice control assistants
- lets you automatically reorder your pet's favorite food with Amazon Dash Replenishment
- dispenses portions from 1/8 cup-4 cups
- top-loading hopper holds 24 cups of dry or semi-moist food
- food is dispensed into a dishwasher-safe stainless steel bowl
- lid, hopper, bowl, and bowl holder are top-shelf dishwasher-safe for convenient cleaning
- battery backup (4 D batteries, not included) keeps food coming even if the power goes out
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PFD00-16828
What's in the box:
- Feeder base
- Food hopper (installed)
- Conveyor (installed)
- Lid (installed)
- Battery compartment (for 4 D-cell batteries)(installed)
- AC adapter with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output: 7.5V 2.4A)
- Bowl holder
- Stainless steel bowl
- Quick Start Guide
PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder, 2nd Generation reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder, 2nd Generation
Overview: The PetSafe Smart Feed 2nd Generation Automatic Pet Feeder (PFD00-16828) is a Wi-Fi enabled pet food dispenser that lets you control when and how much food your pet gets. With the PetSafe Smart Feed App, available for iOS and Android, you can schedule your pet's meals, receive alerts that your pet has been fed, how much they have received, and when your feeder is low or empty. The 2nd Generation Smart Feed works with Amazon Alexa, so you can feed your pet using only your voice. Smart Feed is designed for cats or small-to-medium sized dogs, and includes a stainless steel bowl with a holder that keeps it in place under the dispenser.
Design: Smart Feed features a unique conveyor design that dispenses dry or semi-moist food without clogging. The locking lid and BPA-free plastic exterior are tough enough to keep your dog from "breaking in" to get a snack. The hopper can hold up to 24 cups of food, which you can dispense up to 12 times a day in portions of 1/8 cup to 4 cups at a time. If your dog is a fast eater, the unique Slow Feed mode dispenses meals of more than 1/8 cup over a 15 minute period to help prevent gulping and vomiting. A convenient Feed Now button is located on the top panel to instantly dispense food at any time.
Smart Feed App: The PetSafe Smart Feed connects to your home's Wi-Fi router (802.11 b/g/n - 2.4 GHz). Using the PetSafe Smart Feed App, you can control and monitor your pet's meals right on your smartphone. One feeder can be controlled from multiple family members' smartphones. Multiple feeders can also be controlled from one smartphone. You can schedule up to 12 feedings a day, with portion sizes of from 1/8 cup to 4 cups. After each feeding, you'll receive an alert on your smartphone. An Activity Log tracks the last 2 weeks of feeding activity, including feeding time, and feeder errors. Even if the Wi-Fi connection is lost or the feeder is offline, Smart Feed will feed on schedule as programmed. You can control multiple feeders on the same app, if needed. The app enables you to feed your pet manually whenever you desire, and can place a child lock on the Manual Feed button on the feeder. The Smart Feed App works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later, and Android smartphones or tablets running version 5.0 and up.
Alexa Compatible: The 2nd Generation Smart Feed Automatic Pet Feeder is compatible with Amazon Echo devices, so you can feed your dog or cat a snack or meal just by asking Alexa.
Automatic Replenishment: Smart Feed notifies you through the app when the feeder is low or empty. It also gives you the ability to automatically reorder your pet's food through Amazon Dash Replenishment.
Cleaning: The Smart Feed disassembles for easy cleaning. The hopper, lid, bowl, and bowl holder are all dishwasher-safe (top shelf). The conveyor can be washed by hand in warm, soapy water. A cleaning brush or toothbrush can be used to remove food particles from the conveyor belt.
Power Options: The PetSafe Smart Feed is powered by the supplied AC adapter. You can insert 4 D-cell batteries to power the feeder in case of a power outage.
The PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder, 2nd Generation replaces these items
- automatically dispenses meals at pre-scheduled times
- free app helps you measure and track healthy portions
- text alerts let you know when your pet has been fed